News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo Tyrannosaurus - The stock dinosaur

Started by Hermes888, August 19, 2013, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I found this movie on Amazon that has the Papo running T. rex and the Papo Allosaurus:

CrypticPrism

Discovery always uses stuff like that for their series art picture?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

stargatedalek

It appears the add was made after the fact to market some of their old documentaries together. Perhaps they didn't have any good renders to send the artist.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fembrogon

I saw this advertisement for the Brookfield Zoo in Meijer today:

Note the silhouette. Those feet are probably the rex's too.

pako

A "dinosaur" show in south of France:

Digibasherx

Quote from: raptor64870 on April 02, 2017, 04:38:33 AM
PARASAUROLOPHUS? You mean Nanuqsaurus(gorgosaurus)

The Para is above the tail.  The Gorgon should be from BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs movie promo.

Plasticbeast95

There's a crystal dinosaur puzzle that is obviously the Papo T. rex:

It also comes in an assortment of colors.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on May 13, 2017, 11:48:56 PM
There's a crystal dinosaur puzzle that is obviously the Papo T. rex:

"WARNING: Not suitable for children under 3, or Supermen."

tyrantqueen

ZoPteryx

I'll be shocked if this hasn't been mentioned before:

Jurassic World promo material and also briefly visible in a few scenes of the movie.  I guess if you can't beat the copycats, just copy them right back!

Roselaar

Quote from: ZoPteryx on November 23, 2017, 06:45:24 AM
I'll be shocked if this hasn't been mentioned before:

Jurassic World promo material and also briefly visible in a few scenes of the movie.  I guess if you can't beat the copycats, just copy them right back!

I'm not convinced that counts, there's plenty of differences. The pose sure is similar, but otherwise... Besides, Papo started ripping off the JP Rexes first.

I'm not saying this model wasn't inspired by the running Rex, it could have been.

ZoPteryx

Edit:  Yeah, on second looks I think you're right, it's just a coincidence.  But what if it wasn't.  I mean, after all:

Quote from: Roselaar on November 23, 2017, 08:36:31 PM
Papo started ripping off the JP Rexes first.

Universal's revenge on Papo? ;)

Halichoeres

A book of stickers found in a tchotchke shop. Also features what looks like the CollectA baby Brachiosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Papo Running Rex in an article about the discovery of Kayentapus, erh, interesting

CityRaptor

Well, this article is junk. They are using terms like "Tyrannosaurus Rex family" and Megatheropod. Mega-something is about size, not relationship. Of course Megatheropods existed during the Jurassic, but none of them was a "T Rex type".
Oh no

Ravonium

Ah, the media, always pumping out junk articles about Palaeontology and other science, with this one being a particular highlight for many reasons, not least the Papo figure on the cover. At least there are no comments.

Nanuqsaurus

Okay now this one is really ironic. I found it on Facebook: Schleich using a Papo Tyrannosaurus in one of their own ads.

CityRaptor

Yeah, we got a thread about that:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6486.0

Quote from: Ravonium on February 01, 2018, 07:56:54 AM
Ah, the media, always pumping out junk articles about Palaeontology and other science

You know, I can see why Professor Challenger does not like reporters.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: