News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Age of Reptiles

Started by Balaur, August 25, 2013, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Here is my long awaited Gorgosaurus. Isn't it adorable? And also, this is an adult, a 9 meter long 2 tonne adult.

Gorgosaurus libratus

darylj

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Awesome! Great job ;D! Also, expect my adorable, fuzzy Purgatorius soon :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Oh and also time for our Gorgosaurus comparison :).

Both of ours have white feathers. Mine has brown ochre crests while yours has red. Yours has differently shaped wings and a less pronounced nasal arch. Mine also has irredescent blue display feathers on the back of its neck.

Balaur

Thst is a good comparison. I will add that yours is walking, and mouth open, while mine is running at full fricken speed, with mouth closed and no teeth showing. Also, do think mine is cuter? As an adult?

Yutyrannus

Yours is definately cuter :). Until you see my juvenile that is..... ;) :)).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 03:00:38 AM
Yours is definately cuter :). Until you see my juvenile that is..... ;) :)).

Well, for a adult tyrannosaur that casually takes down robust and dangerous Pachyrhinosaurus and can easily kill you, it's freaking adorable. Unless your being chased by it...

Yutyrannus

Yeah :)) ;)! Also, I might post my Purgatorius tomorrow. He's freaking adorable :))!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 03:07:25 AM
Yeah :)) ;)! Also, I might post my Purgatorius tomorrow. He's freaking adorable :))!

I can't wait! I should also add that the WWD3D Gorgosaurus is scaly and unfriendly... Unlike mine and yours.

Yutyrannus

Thanks, he is all puffed up and looks like a cross between a mouse and a squirrel, but fuzzier (it was hard to resist the urge to give him Abert's Squirrel ears just to make him even cuter :)) ). Yeah it is. And since you brought up unfriendly,  I should mention that in my series the mother Gorgosaurus is shown caring for her chicks in a manner similar to modern big cats :).

Yutyrannus

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that there are skin impressions showing scales from the tail of Gorgosaurus.  But that's okay, you can just have the arctic Gorgosaurus as a fully feathered subspecies.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 05:14:03 AM
Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that there are skin impressions showing scales from the tail of Gorgosaurus.  But that's okay, you can just have the arctic Gorgosaurus as a fully feathered subspecies.

Really? I forgot that. Or it could be that there is sexual dimorphism, males have fully feathered bodies, or its seasonal.

Yutyrannus

Actually I like the seasonal idea, not many dinosaurs are shown that way :).

Balaur

Expect my multitiberculate in episode 5 to be up soon.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 20, 2013, 03:51:00 AM
Will he be cute :))?

About as much as your Purgatorius. ;)

The scene in Forgotten Archosaurs when the Mariliasuchus was going down multitiberculate burrows was inspired by the scene in Walking with Monsters where the gorgonopsid tried to attack Diictodon in their burrow.

Yutyrannus

Hooray :))! And yes, I noticed that similarity :).

Balaur

I have my multitiberculate and Ophthalmosaurus done to show you. The blue markings on the Ophthalmosaurus are supposed to be purple, but the scanner screwed it up again.

Multitiberculate

Ophthalmosaurus

Also, my multitiberculate is not based on a real species, so it is the Blue-Nosed Pseudo-squirrel.

Yutyrannus

Great job! The multitiburculate is adorable, as well as one of your best drawings :)!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: