News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Suspiciously specific... no.

have you ever seen a broken papo figure on a store shelf?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

In a store I did not see a broken Papo figure, but I did buy a Papo carnotaurus from the Museum of Natural Sciences Store that, due to manufacturing error, was missing the language, they exchanged it for a new carnotaurus without manufacturing errors. As for the person killed in a car accident covered with a blanket in my case I had the bad luck to see him and I was very impressed, it was when I was passing the car to the University in the city, it was very unpleasant and sad.

Have you ever seen a thief caught with his hands in the mass by a citizen and have you seen his subsequent confrontation with the thief?

Halichoeres

No, but I've definitely heard some stories about situations like that. Mob justice is nasty.

Have you ever eaten an insect?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

No, I have not eaten insects

Have you ever eaten deer or kangaroo meat?

Halichoeres

Yes, both! At least two species of deer, in fact.

Have you ever been bungee jumping?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

No.

Have you ever drunk water that you got directly from a spring?

Halichoeres

Yes, although in retrospect it was probably ill-advised.

Have you ever rescued an injured wild animal?

Ravonium

Sort-of, but they were all invertebrates (probably not what you were thinking of when asking that)

Have you ever seen any wild animal that is cat-sized or larger in your garden/backyard?

Halichoeres

One place I lived sometimes got mule deer, jackrabbits, javelinas, and coyotes. So yes, although most places I've lived haven't had yards large or open enough for that kind of thing.

Have you ever gotten pepper in your nose, making you sneeze?

Shonisaurus

No, but almost, I have inserted chopsticks into the holes in my nose to sneeze when I was a child, it gave me great pleasure to sneeze.

Have you ever fallen on the ground at a red light and saved yourself shortly from being run over?

Ravonium

No.

Have you ever had a species of animal colonise your area within your lifetime?

Halichoeres

Yes. Where I grew up there were phainopeplas and pyrrhuloxias, and now it's all grackles and starlings. By moving to the very edge of the urban area, I think my family was complicit in the displacement. This is part of why I now prefer to live in central cities.

Have you ever seen a phainopepla or pyrrhuloxia?

Ravonium

No.
(funny thing you should mention starlings though, as they've been on the decline where I live for ~3 decades (not to say they're particularly rare though))

Have you ever eaten an animal you've also seen in your garden/backyard?

Halichoeres

Yes, quail. Possibly others. I learned later that the quail were definitely poached, illegally hunted from the Tohono O'odham reservation.

Have you ever accidentally caught something on fire?

Shonisaurus

I never accidentally set anything on fire.

Have you ever dislocated your shoulder by throwing yourself into the pool?

ceratopsian

No, although my husband has twice dislocated his shoulder in horse-riding accidents.

Have you ever smashed a window with a ball by accident?

GojiraGuy1954

No. I'm not a sporty guy.

Have you ever played minecraft?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Not to date I have not played minecraft.

Have you ever seen an okapi in a zoo?

Ravonium

Yes.

Have you ever thought you saw something, and then upon actually seeing it for the first time, realised you hadn't?

Halichoeres

Yep, a chuckwalla.

Have you ever been in a mosh pit?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: