News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 18, 2019, 05:06:03 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 18, 2019, 01:11:31 PM
I have had many bad times especially in my childhood. My childhood was a very sad childhood...

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you ever felt frustrated about not being able to buy on DVD a series of prehistoric animals that are advertised on Video or on a television series because such would be not commercialized?

I suppose I have! More often I have been frustrated by their unavailability on streaming services.

Have you ever driven a forklift, tractor, or other industrial/construction/farming equipment?
You should try CuriosityStream
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on August 27, 2019, 05:08:55 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 18, 2019, 05:06:03 PM
I have had many bad times especially in my childhood. My childhood was a very sad childhood...

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you ever felt frustrated about not being able to buy on DVD a series of prehistoric animals that are advertised on Video or on a television series because such would be not commercialized?

I suppose I have! More often I have been frustrated by their unavailability on streaming services.

Have you ever driven a forklift, tractor, or other industrial/construction/farming equipment?
You should try CuriosityStream

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 26, 2019, 06:35:38 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 26, 2019, 12:08:57 PM
No.

Have you ever seen a man asleep in a subway car occupying all seats?
Asleep on a subway yes, but not occupying all the seats!

Have you ever watched a deer lying down in your garden and grooming its fur?

Not my yard, but others' yards, yes.

Have you ever had a train/plane delay of greater than 24 hours?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Yes, several days during the Icelandic ash cloud incident. Gave up and took the train in the end.

Have you ever travelled in a hot air balloon?

Halichoeres

No, but I would love to, it looks like so much fun.

Have you ever seen an endangered species in the wild?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ravonium

Regionally: yes
Globally: no

Have you ever bitten a bone just to eat the marrow inside? (I asked this before, but didn't get a proper answer)

ZoPteryx

No, not a fan of marrow.

Have you ever been to a planetarium?

Halichoeres

Certainly!

Have you ever eaten something so spicy that your face hurt all day?

GojiraGuy1954

No. I avoid spicy foods

Have you ever clicked a link that led to "You fell for it, fool! Thunder cross Split Attack!
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Ravonium

No.

Have you ever been very disappointed by a figure?

Brocc21

Depends on what you mean by that. Hearing a company will make a figure that makes you excited and you over hype your self and when you finally see it it's not what you expected? Yes. Being disappointed in a figure now in hand? No

Ever tasted something so down right revolting you can still vividly remember the taste? (cough bubbly water cough)
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ravonium on September 14, 2019, 10:37:51 AM
No.

Have you ever been very disappointed by a figure?

I'm gonna have to break the flow just to express my massive distaste for Vitae's atrocious Giganotosaurus which dissapointed me on every possible expectation for the hype and stock photos and overall quality. I'd rather buy several duplicates of any other dino than to ever spend any money on it. Heavily Overpriced, should've switched the resin base with the giga in terms of materials used so at least the giga wouldn't be bending so much under heat.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Brocc21 on September 16, 2019, 12:30:58 AM
Depends on what you mean by that. Hearing a company will make a figure that makes you excited and you over hype your self and when you finally see it it's not what you expected? Yes. Being disappointed in a figure now in hand? No

Ever tasted something so down right revolting you can still vividly remember the taste? (cough bubbly water cough)

Yes, Vegemite *shivers*  :P

Have you ever been disappointed in a movie you were so certain you were going to like?

Halichoeres

Oh, certainly. Does anybody remember Batman & Robin with George Clooney and Chris O'Donnell? I was young enough that I should have enjoyed any Batman movie, but that one...

Have you ever had an insect crawl into your ear?

Ravonium

No.

Have you ever seen a poisonous/venomous organism in the wild?

stegosauria

Yeah. I actually pulled a large flat stone aside (with my Eastwing hammer) and a viper was sitting there. After a few second of petrified shock and flashing thoughts (just the hammer was between my hand and the viper), I jumped backwards 2 m (of course, shrieking). So it was a really close encounter.

Have you got a rare figure quite cheaply by winning an Ebay auction as the only bidder?

Halichoeres

A few times, especially when the seller misspelled something or didn't know what they had.

(that's scary about the viper)

Have you ever thrown something off a bridge or a tall building just to see it fall or break?

stegosauria

Yeah, after that encounter I was absolutely freaked out. It was a common European viper and wasn't a too big one (its whole body was in tight S-curves and that way its size was like my hand I think). I'm just glad that it was at the end of the day, I was tired so I used my hammer to pull aside the bigger debris to check there is some fossil under them. Yeah, this was too fresh a little. And the most funny thing is that as much as it was scary just as much I love to tell this story. Especially that in that area this species doesn't live (in theory). So it's important to be careful always.

Just not to be too off topic: I don't think I ever throw off anything for that reason.

Do you ever seen an okapi?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Yes, last year at Chester Zoo (went again this year but couldn't see any)

Have you ever looked at a snake and thought "that looks adorable, why do people hate it" or something along those lines?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ZoPteryx

All the time!  Most snakes are really adorable.

Have you ever had a wild bird land on you?

ITdactyl

Yes. A tern, a sparrow and a shrike.  Not all on the same day.

Have you ever eaten a fruit or nut picked during a hike?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: