News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 11, 2020, 01:43:28 PM
As in drank it by itself? I've only done that on dares, and not on a daily basis.

Have you ever seen a member of an endangered species in the wild?
What do you expect, I'm Indian

Also to awnser avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus question, not that I remember

Have you ever tried doing something calmly, only for you to turn into a arsonist(of course, I'm exaggerating about this, but you get the point)

Shonisaurus

Honestly, remember, no, I prefer to do things calmly but I can't think of any nonsense later, such as being an arsonist for example. If I think one thing calmly, it means in my case that I am calm and as a consequence I make correct and good decisions.

Have you ever chewed gum that a filling has detached from a tooth or caused your jaw pain?

Halichoeres

Please indulge me in this twofer

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno yes, I too have been an adolescent

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus no, I don't have any fillings, but I suppose I have chewed gum enough to hurt my jaw from time to time.

Have you ever been reading and your face got closer and closer to the page until you realized the sun had set and you needed to turn on a light?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Yeah, I believe that's happened to me before.

Have you ever eaten blood sausage?

indohyus

In the form of black pudding, yes.

Have you ever found a pterosaur fossil?

Halichoeres

Only in the sense of rounding a corner in a museum and seeing one on display. Never in the wild.

Have you ever been stung by a cnidarian?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Newt

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2020, 11:36:22 PM
Only in the sense of rounding a corner in a museum and seeing one on display. Never in the wild.

Have you ever been stung by a cnidarian?

Yes! Several times. I think I attract them. That's why I stay so far inland...

Have you ever gotten so badly lost you began to worry you would never make it back to safety?

Kotori_Sonoda

Thankfully not! I can't imagine how that would feel.

have you ever been interviewed by a radio or TV program?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

laticauda

Yes, local radio and tv.  I always thought I had good things to say during the interviews until I listened (watched) the clip and saw how they edited it.  I like to give information and I felt the edits took too much out of context.  I also sang Don't worry be happy once on the radio, but that wasn't an interview. 

Have you ever been to an event that you paid to go see, but you left half way through?

Halichoeres

I've left music festivals early because I disliked the headliners but liked the other bands. Also once because I got injured in the mosh pit.

Have you ever met a personal hero and been disappointed?

Shonisaurus

In my case no, all the people whom I have considered personal heroes have fortunately not disappointed me.

Have you slept an average of two hours a day for a maximum of two weeks due to impatience and anxiety about preparing for an exam?

Halichoeres

No. I had really bad insomnia as a child, but not related to exams or anxiety. That sounds terrible.

Have you ever tried a delicious food while traveling, and then been unable to find anything like it again upon returning home?

ceratopsian

Frequently!  Even when it purports to the same dish with the same ingredients, it just doesn't taste the same once back home.

Have you ever revisited a place you once knew and been disappointed, as it wasn't quite as wonderful as the memory?

Crackington

Yes, the Natural History Museum (London) shop once they stopped selling Invictas!

My first time on this thread, it's quite a good one!

Have you ever seen a wild wolf and mistook if for a mangy dog?

UK

Not many wolves in the wild in the wild in the UK other than the midlands based ones who are rather mangy.

avatar_Crackington @Crackington have you ever wondered why your team signed Jermain Defoe?

Crackington

No  avatar_UK @UK I never wondered 😉:

https://youtu.be/vo3BS06L4No

I'd forgotten about those UK wolves; used to be a rather nasty pack hanging around in that big underpass on the way to Moleneaux as I recall!

However, the one I saw was on a Bosnian mountain a few years ago with my brother-in-law. When I told him I'd seen a dog, he looked a bit worried and said "vuk - that wasn't a dog, the wolves eat them up here"! We got away ok needless to say!

Have you ever sat on the cake at a birthday party?

Shonisaurus

Never that I know of.

Have you ever thought or had a feeling that something bad was going to happen but then it turned out to be a false alarm and nothing had happened?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 15, 2020, 08:58:18 AM
Never that I know of.

Have you ever thought or had a feeling that something bad was going to happen but then it turned out to be a false alarm and nothing had happened?

Frequently because I'm naturally quite pessimistic.  But of course I'm also right sometimes and something bad does happen!

Have you ever been caught in a flash flood?

Lanthanotus

Wouldn`t call it a flash flood, but our tent got totally flooded 10cm or 15 cm deep while we slept in it, our son kept on sleeping on his floating mattress while we flash packed all our stuff in the car..... got caught in the trails of a cyclone once, but it was more lightning than rain that trapped us.

Have you ever been so quite and motionless out in the fields, that a wild animal moved close towards you without getting aware of your presence?

Newt

Yes. Once a Carolina short-tailed shrew ambled right up and over my shoe without noticing me.

Have you ever eaten a wild mushroom?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: