News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

No honestly no.

Have you ever been afraid of going bald?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 24, 2020, 01:40:44 PM
No honestly no.

Have you ever been afraid of going bald?

That´s nothing to be afraid of, honestly. I do have a haircut that resembles a bald since I don´t have any hair at the top of my head anymore. And I don´t like the chaplet around, so I cut these hairs, too.

Have you ever been beaten by a teacher?

Halichoeres

No, but when I was about 7 a teacher carried me to the principal's office under his arm after I jumped from desk to desk across the classroom (I don't recall why, perhaps the floor was lava). I don't envy any of my teachers from those years.

Have you ever made your own Christmas ornament?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Subduction

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 24, 2020, 05:17:42 PM
No, but when I was about 7 a teacher carried me to the principal's office under his arm after I jumped from desk to desk across the classroom (I don't recall why, perhaps the floor was lava). I don't envy any of my teachers from those years.

Have you ever made your own Christmas ornament?

No, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I should try making my own ornament next year!

Have you ever eaten caviar?

Newt

I have. I don't get what all the fuss is about, it's salty as all get out. I do like flying fish roe in sushi, though.

Have you ever sung on stage?

Halichoeres

Only if karaoke counts.

Have you ever hugged a cactus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

I have two greenhouses full of them - so sadly I have occasionally been in much more intimate contact than I would like with one of them!  But I've never actually hugged a large one in habitat.  Or fallen onto one, thank goodness.

Have you ever eaten a flower?  Either raw or cooked.

indohyus

Probably, certainly had root in Japan, soaked in wine. Wasn't the best thing I've ever had.

Have you ever dissected an animal?

Newt

Yes! Daylilies, oxalis, violets, squash blossoms, maybe some others I've forgotten...

Oops, too slow. Yes, I was a biology student in college, so I dissected quite a few critters.

Have you ever set something on the roof or hood or bumper of your car and then forgotten to retrieve it before driving off?

Bread

Yes, my cup of coffee I bring with me to work almost every morning. I'll set it on the roof of my car, later after venturing off on to the road, I reach for it and nothing is there.... I come home later to find my mug on the drive way.

Have you ever experienced a snow storm or blizzard?

Subduction

Quote from: Bread on December 31, 2020, 03:50:22 PM
Yes, my cup of coffee I bring with me to work almost every morning. I'll set it on the roof of my car, later after venturing off on to the road, I reach for it and nothing is there.... I come home later to find my mug on the drive way.

Have you ever experienced a snow storm or blizzard?

Yes, I used to live in an area that experienced winter. The most impressive blizzard I remember was from the beginning of 2016 where we got 35 to 38 inches of snow in a single storm.

Have you seen a tornado?

Halichoeres

No, but when I first moved to the Midwest, as in literally during the drive from my old home to my new home, one chased me across Iowa. From Omaha to Ames, they kept announcing tornado touchdowns for each county right as I left it.

Have you ever seen a coelacanth in real life (dead or alive)?

Wallnut

No

Have you ever see a waterfall?

Halichoeres

Yes! I've even bathed in one.

Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

Lanthanotus

Yes, multiple times, but most I slept through. I live in the Rhine Valley in Germany, eartquakes are quite common here but very weak, just some glasses rattling and such. In the months of my son's birth we had an earthquake that made a brick in someone's house falling out of the wall, that story made it into the locsl newspaper .... just to give an idea about our earthquakes :D

Have you ever blown up something with a firecracker?

Wallnut

No

Have you ever see a owl nest?

Stegotyranno420

No

Have you ever drunken Chai Tea

Newt

Yes

Have you ever repaired an appliance?

Lanthanotus

Yes, on a regular basis in fact. Hate to throw things away while a lot of stuff is fairly simple to restored.

Have you ever slept through (overslept?) New Years Eve?

Halichoeres

I don't think so, at least not as an adult.

Have you ever spent New Year's Eve in a time zone other than where you lived at the time?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: