News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 13, 2018, 02:36:20 PM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 13, 2018, 02:13:46 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 13, 2018, 02:05:12 PM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 13, 2018, 01:44:30 PM
I modified the first page of my collection, in both ways. Are they visible?

I can see your pictures on page 1.  :)

Ok so both ways work, looks like this won't be as bad as the PB thing.

..well.. your collection thread is 4 pages; the "Beautiful Dinosaur Mix" by postsaurischian is 78 pages...  ???

(I'm using Flickr so..  O:-) )

That's true, the only good thing is that it can be done here, without having to go to postimage site, but still editing so much posts in such large collection threads is very tedious  :-\

postsaurischian

::) :-X .

I'd like to use the F-word, but I know I'm not allowed to.
(This is not about anybody's post, it's about the situation)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 13, 2018, 02:45:44 PM

I can imagine the feeling you have seeing this situation, and the urge to use that word is justified.

DinoToyForum

I wonder if there's a way I could run a "find and replace" for the entire forum database to change "postimg.cc" to "postimg.cc". Are any mysql-savvy members reading this?

Libraraptor

Oh no, what happened to the pictures in my collection thread!?! And the Pictures in postsaurischian 's thread for example, too?

EDIT
Found the reason. Fixing it will Take some time😤

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 13, 2018, 10:20:51 PM
Oh no, what happened to the pictures in my collection thread!?! And the Pictures in postsaurischian 's thread for example, too?

EDIT

Hopefully some technical member will be able to help me fix all the links in batch. I'm confident there is a way, I just don't want to risk breaking the forum!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 13, 2018, 02:45:44 PM

I hear you! I was horrified when I checked yesterday and see that all of my photos are now gone as well! :-[
I have tried to fix the first page photos to see if it does work before I even attempt to go through and try fixing the other pages.
Can anyone see my photos on the very first page now, all of them?
Sigh, this is just too soon after the whole PB fiasco! Hope this can get resolved soon.

I just checked my PI site and all the links there are now changed to cc instead of org, so I guess it's just a matter of reposting the images again or going through each one here and changing the link to cc.
Either way, it's time consuming to try and fix every photos prior to this change. Good news is that any photos posted onward should be okay... for now.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 14, 2018, 12:24:30 AM
I have tried to fix the first page photos to see if it does work before I even attempt to go through and try fixing the other pages.
Can anyone see my photos on the very first page now, all of them?

Yes, I can see images on your first page but  not on any of the other pages, so the fix has worked.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 13, 2018, 10:20:51 PM

EDIT

Are you also using Postimage? I use that site but I can't log on to it anymore since a few days. The most recent pics I have posted through it on the DTF are still visible though, but not the older postings//.

I have no idea what's up with PI now...  :(

And why the heck are all my new posts and some of other forum members accompanied by a lot of spam all of a sudden?!

Reptilia

I don't know if people can see pictures in my posts, but I certainly won't edit everything again. These image hosting sites are just crap.

DinoToyForum

Folks, I tried to do a find and replace, but without success (got some error messages). Basically, I want to replace "postimg.com" with "postimg.cc" across the entire database, which should fix all the postimage urls in one fell swoop. I'm scared to play around too much in case I mess up the forum! But, if anyone can walk me through the process, it seems to be possible.

DinoToyForum

OK, I think I think I think I know what to do. I'm just going to run a query, now this could all go very wrong. So. Hold on to your butts...

DinoToyForum

Get in there.  8) ;D

Right, I'm off to the ATF to do fix things there, too.

Edit - in case anyone else who runs an SMF forum finds it helpful (and for me if I ever need to do this again in the future), here's the code to run:

UPDATE `smf_messages`
SET `body` = REPLACE(`body`, 'postimg.org', 'postimg.cc')

postsaurischian

:D Great job, Dr. Admin! Thank you.

PhilSauria

Yeah well done! You're efforts will have saved a lot of people a lot of work!

ceratopsian

Thank you, Dr Admin!  I hope you have recovered from the "heart in the mouth" feeling!

DinoToyForum

Thanks, I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. I have to be careful about that. You know what they say, pride comes before a fall. O:-)

Roselaar

You did it, Dr. Admin! All pics are back, and now I know how to acccess the PI site again as well. Thanks for saving the day! :)

Bokisaurus

Awesome job and a huge thank you! You made life much easier for all of us! ^-^

BrontoScorpio

You did a great job  dr. Admin and saved a lot of lives, we can all say that.

Just a small addition - for , hopefully not, if ever there is a 3rd photo catastrophe :
Some of us had allready begun correcting those links on their own -
your 'replace' function caused all corrected blogs to show each photo twice -
At least, this is what happened on my Thread.
what made me go over and manualy delete the surplus pics.
but, there has to say, Deletion is a much faster method than rewriting -
so took me only 3 minutes...  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: