News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 11, 2018, 04:37:59 PM
Did anyone hear anything about Postimages site ?
It seems all my pictures on DTF are gone ...
are we facing a 2nd 'photobucket' extinction ?
( I suggest people to empty their browser CACHE in order to notice it ).

There could potentially be an issue with the website itself. I remember a short while ago Imgur had a similar issue and all my images disappeared. They came back after a day or so.

stegosauria

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 11, 2018, 04:42:32 PM
There could potentially be an issue with the website itself. I remember a short while ago Imgur had a similar issue and all my images disappeared. They came back after a day or so.
It seems something bad happened to POSTIMAGESsite.
went to see the famous Beautiful Dinosaur mix by postsaurischian - and it is also dead.
it seems I have to restore all links - maybe they have been changed by the domain.

Jose S.M.

What's happening it's strange, I can see my own images, but following the link to Beautiful Dinosaur Mix, I couldn't see the images there.

IrritatorRaji

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 11, 2018, 06:48:30 PM
What's happening it's strange, I can see my own images, but following the link to Beautiful Dinosaur Mix, I couldn't see the images there.
It's because you did not emptied your browser's CACHE.
your images are still localy on your computer's CACHE -so you can see them -
but no one else that will enter your post will see your images.
you can add a link to  your post and we'll check for you -
or try empty your cache and re-enter your post.

Jose S.M.

I was on my phone before, emptied the cache and still see mine on the phone, now I'm on a pc so I'm going to check.

Edit: cache emptied and still seing mine here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4786.0

BrontoScorpio

well, saw your collection thread -
I don't see any of the pictures bat the last 2 ones of the Centrosaurus.
you prpbably posted them after the configuration change to the POSTIMAGES domain server.
all other older images - I can't see.

Jose S.M.

I still see mine, weird. But other's are missing for me too, so something is happening for sure, I hope it's not that bad as the PB thing, it's too soon to have to repeat that process  :-\

Bokisaurus

I think the website is down for maintenance ( I hope). I can see all of my images that I posted, but I can't log in on the site since it's down. Hopefully it resolves soon.

BrontoScorpio

You can still log in - dispite the ominous message - just press the 'connect' button.

I have logged in and ammended all picture links to my posts : BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds

I don't see any of your pictures - have you cleared your CACHE - or you choosed to ignore this part ??

stegosauria

If it helps a little I can see BrontoScorpio's images and I never checked them before (and have a little longing because most of them really cool but too expensive for my wallet).

BrontoScorpio

When clearing cache - there is a list of available objects to clear:
make sure that 'cache' and 'offline data' are marked.
all others ( like cookies, forms, browsing history, preferences, etc. ) can be left untouched.

What happened with POSTIMAGES - the 'ORG' in the pictures' URL needs to turn into 'CC'.
maybe they will solve it in the next day or so -
but, if not :
1. If you can see your pictures' url in the post -> turn 'ORG' to 'CC'.
2. If not ( like I do, having used the 'insert image' button ) you need to put again your pictures with the right URL.

This is what I did and it works : BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds

I do hope some Others will do it too - because suffering a second 'photobucket disaster' so close, will be just too much ...

RobinGoodfellow

..apparently a lot of pictures stored on Postimages are still unavailable through DTF..
It's been more than a day now.
A ghost of Photobucket ?  :(

RobinGoodfellow

Official reply from Postimages:

postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Your pictures are still there, but any pics links you posted you have to change the .org in the link to .cc to get them to show again.

example:

Change this:
[noparse]https://s5.postimg.org/fal7wrdjb/100_3333.jpg[/noparse]

to this:
[noparse]https://s5.postimg.cc/fal7wrdjb/100_3333.jpg[/noparse]

:(

DinoToyForum

Jose S.M.

So, they can be change modifying the url on the post here or you have to go postimage, copy the link and paste it again here? I modified the first page of my collection, in both ways. Are they visible?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 13, 2018, 01:44:30 PM
I modified the first page of my collection, in both ways. Are they visible?

I can see your pictures on page 1.  :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 13, 2018, 02:05:12 PM

Ok so both ways work, looks like this won't be as bad as the PB thing.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 13, 2018, 02:13:46 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 13, 2018, 02:05:12 PM

Ok so both ways work, looks like this won't be as bad as the PB thing.

..well.. your collection thread is 4 pages; the "Beautiful Dinosaur Mix" by postsaurischian is 78 pages...  ???

(I'm using Flickr so..  O:-) )

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: