News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Pendantic Paleogeek

Started by Balaur, November 11, 2013, 04:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I didn't know where to put this, but here it is. I've started a blog for some reason, focusing on paleontology, skepticism, and Grimm. I have just posted my opinions on the Troodon in Walking with Dinosaurs, and so I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. If I made any mistakes, it is fine to tell me. Hope you enjoy it.

Concavenator

I love your blog.I like the post,however,I'm not sure if dromaeosaurids and troodontids did have a furry face or not  ???

Balaur

Quote from: Concavenator on November 11, 2013, 05:04:24 PM
I love your blog.I like the post,however,I'm not sure if dromaeosaurids and troodontids did have a furry face or not  ???

I did kind of talk about that in the post, but concluded it was more likely to have a feathered face.

DinoToyForum

Balaur

Thank you! I do have posts planned on the new Deinocheirus material, and Lythronax argestes. :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Balaur on November 11, 2013, 05:49:51 PM
Thank you! I do have posts planned on the new Deinocheirus material, and Lythronax argestes. :)

When I get a moment, I'll also add a link to you from the dinotoyblog links section.

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 11, 2013, 05:51:24 PM
Quote from: Balaur on November 11, 2013, 05:49:51 PM

When I get a moment, I'll also add a link to you from the dinotoyblog links section.

That would be an honor. ;)

Patrx

Nice post! The scaly face really ruins that Troodon for me.  :-\

Balaur

Quote from: Patrx on November 11, 2013, 06:34:49 PM

Thank you! Yeah, I guess we can't let go of the image that dinosaurs where scaly reptiles.

And here is a new post on Deinocheirus!

http://pendanticpaleogeek.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-new-deinocheirus.html

Yutyrannus

Interesting :). You should also make posts about the therizinosaur nests and the new Teratophoneus material.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on November 11, 2013, 06:57:45 PM

Thank you! Yeah, I guess we can't let go of the image that dinosaurs where scaly reptiles.

Well, some of them were.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 12, 2013, 02:14:32 AM
Quote from: Balaur on November 11, 2013, 06:57:45 PM

Well, some of them were.

Yeah. I think what I was trying to say is that we can't let go of the old image of scaly coelurosaurs. Even though I let go of that image since I was 4 years old.

Simon

Balaur

Quote from: Simon on November 12, 2013, 04:38:56 AM

Why did you post this?

Anyways, I am working on my next post, focusing on Lythronax and the new Teratophoneus material. I might not have time to finish it today though. :/

tyrantqueen

QuoteWhy did you post this?
Yeah, I was wondering that too.

Yutyrannus

Can't wait to read about them! Are you going to put Joshua Knuppe's Lythronax in the post? You should ask him if you can, it isa really cool picture.

P.S.
If you would like to post my Lythronax, you can :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 12, 2013, 09:31:28 PM

Because I thought it was a real cool illustration - goes along with the article linked above.  Thought people would enjoy seeing it.

Am I missing something here ?  Are we not supposed to post it for some reason?  ??? ??? ???

Balaur

Quote from: Simon on November 13, 2013, 01:11:03 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 12, 2013, 09:31:28 PM

Because I thought it was a real cool illustration - goes along with the article linked above.  Thought people would enjoy seeing it.

Am I missing something here ?  Are we not supposed to post it for some reason?  ??? ??? ???

No. I was just curious to why you did it. No worries. ;)

Simon

*DOH*  (Sound of hand slapping forehead) - Now I know why you were curious - this is NOT the Deinocherius thread!!!

Jeez sometimes I should take a moment to look at just where I was posting.

Well, I'll post it in the other thread too.  Its just a very cool illustration!!

Balaur

Quote from: Simon on November 13, 2013, 03:44:09 AM
Well, I'll post it in the other thread too.  Its just a very cool illustration!!

Agreed. It was awesome for Joschua Knuppe to let me use that picture for my blog post.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: