News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Pendantic Paleogeek

Started by Balaur, November 11, 2013, 04:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Cool! Also will you do the All Yesterdays post soon? And for that one, I think you should post pictures from both our series', because we both had some very unique depictions :).

EDIT: Also, I see you saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Did you like it? I'm going to see it on Monday.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Yeah, it was a great movie, but it does leave you a bit unsatisfied, but I thought it was great overall. :)

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Oh yes! Smaug was my favourite part of the entire movie!

SBell

I'm going right off topic here, and yet I have to say it--given the name of this thread, I need to be PEDANTIC that the title is misspelled. Okay, grammar moment away. I feel better.

Unless the not-an-actual word pendantic was intended. Given the irony of misspelling a word that includes being overly fastidious with language...

Carry on.

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on December 15, 2013, 02:43:10 AM
I'm going right off topic here, and yet I have to say it--given the name of this thread, I need to be PEDANTIC that the title is misspelled. Okay, grammar moment away. I feel better.

Unless the not-an-actual word pendantic was intended. Given the irony of misspelling a word that includes being overly fastidious with language...

Carry on.

I did intentionally misspelled pedantic, yes. ;)

SBell

Quote from: Balaur on December 15, 2013, 02:59:37 AM

Carry on.

It just finally hit me what was bugging me about the title... ;D

tyrantqueen

Carry on.

Why?

Oh, btw, since you're being pedantic here, your sentence should be:

QuoteI did intentionally misspell pedantic, yes.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 15, 2013, 07:42:47 AM

Carry on.

Why?

Oh, btw, since you're being pedantic here, your sentence should be:

QuoteI did intentionally misspell pedantic, yes.

I misspelt it on purpose, long story short, because of an inside joke with a few friends. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Balaur on December 15, 2013, 02:25:15 AM
Oh yes! Smaug was my favourite part of the entire movie!

I'm hoping he really is..we're goign to see it tomorrow I think.  If they ruin Smaug the whole thing will be ruined for me really.  I'm a little perturbed already he's more like a wyvern  than a true 4 legged, 2 winged classic dragon...but I've heard it works.

Balaur

http://pendanticpaleogeek.blogspot.com/2013/12/walking-with-dinosaurs-review.html
Okay Blade. I think I could have expressed my anger a lot more. But nevertheless I toned it down!
Read at your own risk...

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Balaur, good post. A few tips:
1: Perhaps tone down the language (however challenging, given the circumstances ;) ), especially when referencing forum members to your page.
2: You consistently spelled "were" as "where".

Just my 2 cents-great job, though. Keep it up.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote2: You consistently spelled "were" as "where".
He also used waist, when it should have been waste.  So much for pedantry.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2013, 11:22:38 AM
Quote2: You consistently spelled "were" as "where".
He also used waist, when it should have been waste.  So much for pedantry.
Yes, there were several other spelling mistakes as well- I just points out that one as the on that pops out at you the most.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Balaur

Sorry, I usually type accurately very fast, but I'll fix grammer mistakes and tone down the language. Sorry!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Balaur on December 23, 2013, 04:08:53 AM
http://pendanticpaleogeek.blogspot.com/2013/12/walking-with-dinosaurs-review.html
Okay Blade. I think I could have expressed my anger a lot more. But nevertheless I toned it down!
Read at your own risk...

Wow..well our younger readers may want to avoid your review.. lol  but I have to agree on many of your points as they are things we have discussed here before.  :)

Yutyrannus

The facts are read in a kid's voice?! Well, it seems that Fox is showing that they think dinosaurs are for kids, a stereotype that I absolutely hate >:(. I was planning on maybe seeing this but after reading your review, I'm not going to bother. This movie is an enormous disappointment *yuck*!

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2013, 07:28:18 PM
Quote from: Balaur on December 23, 2013, 04:08:53 AM
Read at your own risk...

Wow..well our younger readers may want to avoid your review.. lol  but I have to agree on many of your points as they are things we have discussed here before.  :)
Wow,that's an awesome review.

Balaur

A new one. Sorry it's been a while. This time I talk about the media, but I just use the marine reptile and feathered dinosaur bit as examples. http://pendanticpaleogeek.blogspot.com/2014/01/colouration-of-mesozoic-marine-reptiles.html

And I finally get to use pedantic in my posts. ;)

Yutyrannus

I totally agree with you, the media is pretty bad about stuff like this :-\.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: