News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Therizino vs Therizino

Started by Concavenator, November 22, 2013, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Therizinosaurus figure for 2014 is your favorite?

Schleich
0 (0%)
CollectA(Deluxe)
8 (40%)
CollectA (Standard range)
4 (20%)
Safari (Great Dinos)
3 (15%)
Safari(Dinosaurs of China)
0 (0%)
Bullyland
2 (10%)
Geoworld
0 (0%)
Kaiyodo
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Concavenator

Well,where sometimes companies produce figures of a same animal in a year,I thought I would create one for Therizinosaurus , as both Schleich and FollectA (Deluxe) gonna produce one next year.It's simple.Just tell which one do you prefer(you can also explain your choice)  :)
(Sorry,can't post pics as I can't do that with the Ipad,which I'm using )

Blade-of-the-Moon

Do we even really need a vote for these though ? It's pretty obvious who the clear winner would be.  The only close contenders to the new Collecta I could see would be David's up and coming Therizinosaurus , the past CollectA one, and maybe the Great Dinos one ?

Jetoar

Definetly,  Collecta is better. We cant forget Bullyland and Safari version  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

In the past few years Schleich has proven to be terrible at making dinosaurs that aren't inspired by Disney. There isn't even a reason to compare and contrast the two 2014 figures. If we are going to list other decent contenders though, we should at least include the Geoworld one.

My distaste for the Schleich is quite public, as I've not held back on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook pagr.

Roselaar

Wow, I didn't even know about the Deluxe Therizino if not for this thread! Looks great, and of course I voted for it vigorously. :)

Federreptil

No question, the one of David Krentz.

joossa

Can someone post pictures of the mentioned figures?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: joossa on November 22, 2013, 11:05:15 PM

Actually, Juan, why don't you just make the poll about Therizinosaurs in general? You can add all the others in too.

SBell

I am aghast that there are two people that have chosen the Schleich. Seriously, I dropped my monocle and everything.

Honestly, though, if this figure was a no-name brand, or anything but Schleich, would it even be talked about?

Because it is clearly based on this image:

And anything that comes from Laserblast is not a compliment.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: SBell on November 23, 2013, 12:13:32 AM
I am aghast that there are two people that have chosen the Schleich. Seriously, I dropped my monocle and everything.
[...]
Now we are three  ^-^

If we read again the poll's question, we'll notice that it is not about accuracy, detail, anatomy, sculpt, paint job, etc. It reads:
QuoteWhat Therizinosaurus figure for 2014 is your favorite?
So it's about personal preference.
So, why do i vote for Schleich?
First: I don't hate Schleich (as others do), i give them a chance. Second: Personal preferences: I love scales more than i like feathers. If i have to choose a pet between a lizard and a bird, i choose the lizard. Why? Just personal preferences.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 22, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
Quote from: joossa on November 22, 2013, 11:05:15 PM

Actually, Juan, why don't you just make the poll about Therizinosaurs in general? You can add all the others in too.
Fixed  ;)

tanystropheus

That Schleich Therizinosaurus could be retooled/repurposed into a Plateosaurus by some skilled sculptor....

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 25, 2013, 01:24:33 AM
That Schleich Therizinosaurus could be retooled/repurposed into a Plateosaurus by some skilled sculptor....
Maybe, but for all that work, why not just sculpt a Plateosaurus from scratch? >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 25, 2013, 05:02:27 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on November 25, 2013, 01:24:33 AM
Maybe, but for all that work, why not just sculpt a Plateosaurus from scratch? >:D

Or just buy the Collecta one which is also pretty awesome already.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2013, 05:09:18 AM
[...]
+1
It's a pretty good one.

Concavenator you are missing the Bullyland, Geoworld & Kaiyodo ones.

To me, the winner is the Kaiyodo dinotales one.

Concavenator

Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 25, 2013, 05:23:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2013, 05:09:18 AM
[...]
+1
It's a pretty good one.

Concavenator you are missing the Bullyland, Geoworld & Kaiyodo ones.

To me, the winner is the Kaiyodo dinotales one.
OK,I've added these in the poll  :)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on November 25, 2013, 06:35:33 PM
[...]
OK,I've added these in the poll  :)
The problem now is that the 27 people that have already voted cannot change their desitions.

Federreptil

Maybe it`s a little boring to say it again, but if now all possible versions of the therizinosaurus are in discussion
don`t forget this David Krentz project:

O.K. it´s now not finished, but it looks adorable ... if you like feathers and you don't need a baldy spiderman looking lizard.

Concavenator

Quote from: Federreptil on November 25, 2013, 07:54:44 PM
Maybe it`s a little boring to say it again, but if now all possible versions of the therizinosaurus are in discussion
don`t forget this David Krentz project:

O.K. it´s now not finished, but it looks adorable ... if you like feathers and you don't need a baldy spiderman looking lizard.
We're discussing toys,not resin kits or any sort.

Federreptil

But the toys should be anatomical correct? Last view of scientific level? You discuss about upraised feathers at the back or the lack of plumes as a personal favorite. So if I look to all possible toys, than none of the Therizinosaurus versions is really perfect:
Kaiyodo has maybe the best proportion despite the small size. But the claws are very very prominent. The both from Safari are first long-necks. The old one looks as a fat descendant of a Tanysaurus and the newer one stands on clumpy feet. If I look to todays bird wings I am always wondering about the square tablets of feathers at the arms. The Collect A versions are standing like an oversized turkey. The older ones is quite ugly and I dislike the less motivated hump on the back. The new one is more birdish, in a pleasant color, with a fuzzy head and very visible attached bunches of plumes at the dorsal line. In an elegant way the head of Bullyland interpretation looks more like a bald eagle. But until now it's my favorite for dioramas. For me the coming clawfinger of Schleich is more a cartoon than a natural representation. Too big at head and feet and to slim for the typical stature. Also a clear toy with a real goofy posture is the offer of Geoworld's Jurassic Hunters.

So excuse my boundless enthusiasm, when I leave the toy topic for an advanced model. Since the last months I tried hard to find always the most satisfying representation of dinosaurs along my increasing expectations. And when I started here with reading the blog and planing for the dioramas a hard limitation to toys was not always visible.

In the toy world my first choice for a therizinosaurian dinosaur is still the Beipiaosaurus of Safari.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: