News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MO Models Diplodocus

Started by postsaurischian, December 14, 2013, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Just in case someone here is interested in Sean Cooper's Diplodocus and might think it's too small for his / her collection, I just got my copy and took some rough measurements.
It's neither in 1:50 nor in 1:45.
It's actually in about 1:35 :D! ...... which is perfect for my bedroom collection, by the way.
It's larger than the Carnegie model.
It's a stunning model and the most beautiful and accurate Diplodocus I can imagine :).
Final proof pictures will follow as soon as Martin Garratt has finished mine.
(Martin's first version)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 14, 2013, 12:21:46 PM
Just in case someone here is interested in Sean Cooper's Diplodocus and might think it's too small for his / her collection, I just got my copy and took some rough measurements.
It's neither in 1:50 nor in 1:45.
It's actually in about 1:35 :D! ...... which is perfect for my bedroom collection, by the way.
It's larger than the Carnegie model.
It's a stunning model and the most beautiful and accurate Diplodocus I can imagine :).
Final proof pictures will follow as soon as Martin Garratt has finished mine.
(Martin's first version)
Is it bigger than the most recent Carnegie Diplo? Thanks :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 14, 2013, 12:30:05 PM
Is it bigger than the most recent Carnegie Diplo? Thanks :)

Yes, it definitely is. As soon as mine is finished (it's already on its way over the canal now) I will post pics of both next to each other.

Dan

Martin and Marilyn were kind enough to offer some images of the unpainted, built kit, if anyone is interested. Sean's reconstructions are quite athletic, and he has really given a sleek design to this model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's pretty cool ! I really want a big Diplodocus though..maybe in 1:15 ?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 14, 2013, 05:02:26 PM

I heard a 1:15 Diplodocus would be 5 feet long

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 16, 2013, 04:01:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 14, 2013, 05:02:26 PM

I heard a 1:15 Diplodocus would be 5 feet long

Probably close to that. I'm really hoping Shane does one. He has the big Apatosaurus but having the Sideshow one already that's almost as big..I'd rather have a huge Diplodocus. :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Can't wait to see the final painted result; Martin always impresses.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

s.foulkes

1/15th Diplodocus would be 72" or 6 ft. which = 90 ft.!!!!!!  :P
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on January 18, 2014, 12:54:56 AM

Your the man to do it Shane !  ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2014, 02:05:52 AM

Or maybe a Brachiosaurus >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2014, 08:54:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2014, 02:05:52 AM

Or maybe a Brachiosaurus >:D

That would be nice as well..though I have two huge Brachiosaurs already ( the Horizon JP version / Kaiyodo vinyl ) a Diplodocus is unrepresented in that scale..actually I only have 4 Diplos ( Invicta, DR, Carnegie ( two versions ) ) in my collection.   I have to get Shane's Apatosaurus at some point too..though that will be..costly counting build/paint.  Right now the big DR one and Sideshow piece are keeping me happy with that species. :)

postsaurischian

>  Here's the comparison pic (forgive the poor quality :-[):

....... more pics here :).

amargasaurus cazaui

Gorgeous sauropod Helge, I am envious !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Libraraptor

Beautiful! Even better than the Invicta version!  :)) ;D

Centrosaur86

Hello Postsaurischian! That Diplodocus is awesome! And i wil order this model. But i have a question for you.. would you like to take a picture of the papo Triceratops at the Diplodocus? For compare in size.. Thank you!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Centrosaur86 on December 20, 2015, 07:12:31 PM
....... would you like to take a picture of the papo Triceratops at the Diplodocus? For compare in size.. Thank you!

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Centrosaur86

Wow! that is a must have for me. Thanks for the pictures postsaurischian!  :D Merry Christmas!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: