News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 2014 models will you get?

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 20, 2013, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

In this thread, let's discuss what of the 2014 models from Papo, CollectA, etc. we will get.
Myself:
Papo: Dilophosaurus and Archaeopteryx
CollectA: Carcharodontosaurus, Icthyovenator, Bista, Sauro, Xeno, Gastonia, baby Rex (?), and Quetz. Yep.
Carnegie: None.
Safari: Probably none, or Monolophosaurus.
Schleich: Haha.
Bullyland: Yeah....nope.
Sideshow: Depends on what and when they release, but hopefully one or two of them (definitely that beautiful Rex)

Alright, so how about you guys? What will you go broke on this year?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Papo: Archeopteryx, Dilophosaurus, and possibly the Trike, but not sure yet.
CollectA: Carcharodontosaurus, Mosasaurus, and possibly the baby rex.
Carnegie: Tyrannosaurus obviously, since it's the only one they released.
Safari: None.
Bullyland: None.
Schleich: Probably none.

I also plan on getting David Krentz's new Spinosaurus resin, but I don't know if that will be released in the new year or not.

I'll probably spend most of my allotted "dino" money on Shapeways purchases, as usual >:D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 20, 2013, 07:19:46 PM
Papo: Archeopteryx, Dilophosaurus, and possibly the Trike, but not sure yet.
CollectA: Carcharodontosaurus, Mosasaurus, and possibly the baby rex.
Carnegie: Tyrannosaurus obviously, since it's the only one they released.
Safari: None.
Bullyland: None.
Schleich: Probably none.

I also plan on getting David Krentz's new Spinosaurus resin, but I don't know if that will be released in the new year or not.

I'll probably spend most of my allotted "dino" money on Shapeways purchases, as usual >:D
Hmmm...good point; I forgot about Shapeways.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Way too many to list..the only company I'll not get anything from at all is probably Schleich.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 20, 2013, 09:15:09 PM
Way too many to list..the only company I'll not get anything from at all is probably Schleich.

I might get the Pentaceratops if it looks okay from other angles....but I agree there are way too many models to list, and many of the 2014 models I will continue to collect in 2015, as well. There's also a few models that we haven't seen (e.g. Mojo Basilosaurus)

amanda

On my list?
Papo: Archaeopteryx
baby Triceratops
Dilophosaurus

Wild safari:

Ammonite
Pachyrhinosaurus

CollectA:

Carcharodontosaurus
Xenoceratops
Gastonia
Mosasaur
Tyrannosaurus Chick

Gwangi

A long list that includes most of the upcoming releases. Looks like a good year to me! I'm a slow collector though so this will take some time.

Carnegie: Tyrannosaurus
Papo: Archeopteryx, Dilophosaurus
CollectA: Carcharodontosaurus, Ichthyovenator, Bistahieversor, Saurophaganax, Mosasaurus, Xenoceratops
Safari: Pachyrhinosaurus, Monolophosaurus, Suchomimus, Ammonite
Bullyland: Europasaurus, Lambeosaurus
Schleich: Pentaceratops

EDIT: Almost forgot the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus and Gastonia. Maybe the baby Tyrannosaurus. Still unsure of that one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool thing is I think many of the Safari pieces will out by the end of this month...the new Carnegie Rex should help with our current project. :)

Takama

KeU

PAPO's Dilophosaurus and Carnegie's Tyrannosaurus definitely.
Possibly getting CollectA's Carcharodontosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

amargasaurus cazaui

I have a planned expedition to Shapeways for this coming year in which I plan to knock out about three hundred dollars worth of dinosaurs in a single raid. Otherwise I will be adding only a few new figures, mainly Collecta and Safari pieces, and Forest's new Tyrannosaurs for Carnegie.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

I will be getting all the Safari's except Pachyrhino and hominids, the Carnegie Rex if its big enough, all of the CollectAs, the Schleich Pentaceratops, and the Papo Archaeo and Dilopho.  On the fence about the Schleich Therizino, the Bullylands, and the whatever Mojo has to offer.

I can't believe I'm saying this, I haven't even gotten most of the 2012s yet, let alone the 2013s!!! :o

tanystropheus

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 21, 2013, 05:46:30 AM
I will be getting all the Safari's except Pachyrhino and hominids, the Carnegie Rex if its big enough, all of the CollectAs, the Schleich Pentaceratops, and the Papo Archaeo and Dilopho.  On the fence about the Schleich Therizino, the Bullylands, and the whatever Mojo has to offer.

I can't believe I'm saying this, I haven't even gotten most of the 2012s yet, let alone the 2013s!!! :o

What's wrong with the Safari Pachyrhino? I thought it was a pretty cool looking model. :)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 21, 2013, 05:59:46 AM

What's wrong with the Safari Pachyrhino? I thought it was a pretty cool looking model. :)
It's great, but I've already got the Papo, which is just as good in my opinion. ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 21, 2013, 06:34:29 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 21, 2013, 05:59:46 AM

It's great, but I've already got the Papo, which is just as good in my opinion. ^-^

I think it will fit in well with the existing ceratopsians by Mr. Watson so I think I'll pick it up myself.

Gwangi

Same here. Like I said, I'm a slow collector!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 21, 2013, 03:41:38 AM
I have a planned expedition to Shapeways for this coming year in which I plan to knock out about three hundred dollars worth of dinosaurs in a single raid. Otherwise I will be adding only a few new figures, mainly Collecta and Safari pieces, and Forest's new Tyrannosaurs for Carnegie.
I'm...not sure what to say about this :o ;D

Turret

CollectA: Carcharodontosaurus, dead stegosaurus, mosasaurus perhaps the Saurophaganax and Quetsocoatelus
Bullyland: Both of them
Schleich: Pentaceratops
Safari: Suchomimus and Pachyrhinosaurus
Papo: Archaeopteryx

Perhaps I'll get more but as of now these are the ones I want.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2013, 01:15:44 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 21, 2013, 03:41:38 AM
I'm...not sure what to say about this :o ;D

I say.. " boys gonna get him some dinos ! "  lol  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: