You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The DTF Banner-which 2014 releases should be featured?

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 23, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermes888

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2013, 12:52:03 AM
Looks good..just still not a fan of the Schleich Penta really.
I second this. I think making it onto the banner should be a reward for making a good figure, not just a "pity dinosaur" to represent the company as a whole.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on December 27, 2013, 01:54:21 AM
I second this. I think making it onto the banner should be a reward for making a good figure, not just a "pity dinosaur" to represent the company as a whole.
Right. I mean we could give every company that makes a new dinosaur toy a shot..but there are only certain ones deserving eh ?

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2013, 01:58:20 AM
Right. I mean we could give every company that makes a new dinosaur toy a shot..but there are only certain ones deserving eh ?

Agreed and that Pachyrhinosaurus by Safari is IMO at least one of the best figures of this upcoming year. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2013, 02:11:46 AM

Agreed and that Pachyrhinosaurus by Safari is IMO at least one of the best figures of this upcoming year.

Sure seems like it.  It certainly beats the Penta by Schleich.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 27, 2013, 12:25:24 AM
Here's one with the less brightly colored T.rex

I really am not a fan of that Penta ( either the Safari Pachy or CollectA Xeno would be better), I was hoping that the CollectA quetz qill make it since we never had a pterosaur in any of the banners, this would be the perfect one  ;D Maybe, make the ammonite smaller, almost like it's swimming off the page away from the mosasaur ;)
anyway, I guess we can't all have what we want... just something to think about, T-rex is almost present in all the banners, and  both Safari and Papo have had at least 2-3 figures each year, thanks for doing the banner again. It's looking good ;)

Hermes888

Absolutely. I accidentally created a quote chain on the Schleich 2014 thread which lead to people asking for fewer quotes due to repeated exposure to the terrible figures.

Quote from: Gwangi on November 14, 2013, 02:35:46 AM
[...] I think I speak for most of us when I say having to scroll through the same pictures countless times is punishment the general membership should not have to endure.
Though, in this case it was the GeoWorld and Schleich Styracosaurus figures.

Last year we had two representatives of Papo featured prominently on the banner due to their excellent quality. I see no problem in including the Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus instead of the Schleich Pentaceratops if it makes for a better 2014 banner.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 27, 2013, 03:18:02 AM
Me either.
Ditto.  Schleich is gonna have to work just a little bit harder if they want to get a coveted position on our banner! ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I didn't intend to create a Schleich " hate " thread..but if the majority of the members  don't think they warrant inclusion then I agree.  They tend not to care about the collectors it seems..oddly enough the Penta is their only barely acceptable figure in a long while..should we reward that ?

Ikessauro

So, seems to me that the majority of members want T.rex, Safari Ammonite and Pachyrhino to be on the banner, also most of us agree that Schleich doesn't deserve a spot this year; My personal opinion is that we should have a wide range of animal groups, so I agree with boki that a Pterosaur is needed. I decided to remake the original banner with the improved T.rex (less bright photo) and Collecta Mosasaurus, since we already have a ceratopsian I didn't use Xenoceratops. Here's the result.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yutyrannus

This is the best one yet :). I think this should definitely win as the official 2014 banner.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 27, 2013, 04:42:36 AM
So, seems to me that the majority of members want T.rex, Safari Ammonite and Pachyrhino to be on the banner, also most of us agree that Schleich doesn't deserve a spot this year; My personal opinion is that we should have a wide range of animal groups, so I agree with boki that a Pterosaur is needed. I decided to remake the original banner with the improved T.rex (less bright photo) and Collecta Mosasaurus, since we already have a ceratopsian I didn't use Xenoceratops. Here's the result.

This one is hands-down the best banner for 2014.  It has my vote! ;D ;D ;D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Simon on December 27, 2013, 08:08:07 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on December 27, 2013, 04:42:36 AM

This one is hands-down the best banner for 2014.  It has my vote! ;D ;D ;D
Ditto-looks great!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DinoToyForum

Since there was almost unanimous agreement I decided to skip the poll after all.. The new Dinotoyforum title banner for 2014 is now in place! Thanks so much to Ikessauro for designing it! Looks great!

tanystropheus

Very nice, represents the best of each brand's offerings for 2014.  :) :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 01, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

And the best brands as well I think.

Balaur

juju1305

I really love the banner, it is great.  ^-^

The only thing that bugs me is that CollectA is underrepresented and Safari is overreprensented given the number of figures both brands are releasing.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2014, 04:20:16 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 01, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

And the best brands as well I think.

I'm not a fan of Bullyland. They do make some good pieces (prehistoric mammals, Iguanodon, Pteranodon Sternbergi, Therizinosaurus) and Lambeosaurus looks excellent (at least based on that one picture). Good decision to snub Schleich -they need a lack of positive reinforcement to get the message across (although, the Pentaceratops and Therizinosaurus might be cool)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: