You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The DTF Banner-which 2014 releases should be featured?

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 23, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 25, 2013, 03:07:53 AM
My picks would be -
CollectA - Charcarodontosaurus, QuetzalQ, and mosasaur , XenoC
Safari - Pachy or Sucho, ammonite (good companion to the mosasaur)
Papo - Dilopho for sure
Bully - Lambeo
Schliech - a big Maybe the theri
Mojo - the uinatherium

No Safari Rex- we had T-rex in almost all the banner ;)
Why not?This one's special--Carnegie's 25th Anniversary figure!!!Oh,C'mon!  ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 25, 2013, 03:02:54 PM
I have to find a better shot of the Carcha, because the one available he is in a profile view, which makes it too long to look good on the banner.
Nonetheless I made this version with the Ichthy.

I like this one best :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on December 25, 2013, 09:18:53 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 25, 2013, 03:07:53 AM
My picks would be -
CollectA - Charcarodontosaurus, QuetzalQ, and mosasaur , XenoC
Safari - Pachy or Sucho, ammonite (good companion to the mosasaur)
Papo - Dilopho for sure
Bully - Lambeo
Schliech - a big Maybe the theri
Mojo - the uinatherium

No Safari Rex- we had T-rex in almost all the banner ;)
Why not?This one's special--Carnegie's 25th Anniversary figure!!!Oh,C'mon!  ;)

Hard to argue with the King !

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 25, 2013, 10:13:53 PM
I have to find a better shot of the Carcha, because the one available he is in a profile view, which makes it too long to look good on the banner.

Looks great, but no Schleich?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2013, 02:51:28 AM

How about this one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm actually okay with Schleich not being featured. I mean the banner sort of shows the best each company has to offer and the level of quality they have aspired to.  Schleich just doesn't show much interest in improving or creating the best product they can anymore.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 26, 2013, 04:01:43 AM

How about this one.

I still like the first one best :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Ikesauro. I was thinking of replaceing the pachyrhinosaurus with the pentaceratops.  Then the whole banner would have one of each brand/line.              And Dr. Admin said that the ammnite should be in there.

That's just my sugestion.  If others disagree I'm ok with it

Gwangi

I like the banner with the ammonite. As far as I'm concerned we don't need a Schleich figure in that banner.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on December 26, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
I like the banner with the ammonite. As far as I'm concerned we don't need a Schleich figure in that banner.
Why not? Some people like the Schleich models (although I don't count myself among them). I don't like the Wild Safari toys, but I still think they should be included in the banner because they're popular.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 26, 2013, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 26, 2013, 07:42:34 PM
Why not? Some people like the Schleich models (although I don't count myself among them). I don't like the Wild Safari toys, but I still think they should be included in the banner because they're popular.

Just compare the 2014 release thread for Safari vs. Schleich and I think you'll answer that question for yourself. Very few of our members collect newer Schleich models while the great majority do collect the WS. Why? I guess because WS started out as a company that made dinosaur toys and has since switched gears to a company that takes the collector into consideration and strives for a high level of detail, accuracy and diversity in species. Just compare their previous Suchomimus to this upcoming release. Schleich on the other hand has regressed. They used to produce quality prehistoric figures but now appear to have "sold out", simply producing models for money (I know, the ultimate goal of any toy company). The fact that the sculptor of the WS line frequents this board demonstrates that enough IMO. Do we even know who designs the Schleich models? Would they ever come here and interact with our membership? I think not. Schleich has yet to demonstrate a concern for accuracy or for the collector though I will admit, the attention to detail is not bad. 
Even I like the upcoming Pentaceratops but it cannot compare to the upcoming Safari Pachyrhinosaurus or even the ammonite and I would hate to see either of those replaced by a Schleich model. So sure, maybe this is just my opinion. I don't like Schleich and you don't like WS but I think the general membership would agree that the later has more reason to be on a banner showcasing the best this upcoming year has to offer instead of a lazy attempt by Schleich. 

tyrantqueen

Comment removed.

Hermes888

This one is best. It's a very nice banner, and I see no need to make it look bad with the presence of any of the 2014 Schleich figures.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Hermes888 on December 26, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

This one is best. It's a very nice banner, and I see no need to make it look bad with the presence of any of the 2014 Schleich figures.
My only criticism is that the colour balance of the Carnegie Tyrannosaurus rex looks a bit weird, kinda a bit out of whack. Compared to the original image, it looks very bright and almost greenish.

Just a nit-pick, really.

Hermes888

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 26, 2013, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on December 26, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

My only criticism is that the colour balance of the Carnegie Tyrannosaurus rex looks a bit weird, kinda a bit out of whack. Compared to the original image, it looks very bright and almost greenish.

Just a nit-pick, really.

Here it is, colors are still brighter than the original, but there's no background.

tyrantqueen

Resized it....doesn't look like the one in the banner:

In fact, I believe the colours are the same as the image with the scenery in the background, it's merely an optical illusion created by the background.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2013, 04:41:13 PM
Ikesauro. I was thinking of replaceing the pachyrhinosaurus with the pentaceratops.  Then the whole banner would have one of each brand/line.              And Dr. Admin said that the ammnite should be in there.

Here's my new version. I decided to leave the Ichythiovenator out of the banner because we already have two theropods in there.

Hermes888

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 27, 2013, 12:02:28 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 26, 2013, 04:41:13 PM

Here's my new version. I decided to leave the Ichythiovenator out of the banner because we already have two theropods in there.

I like it. I think the resized pic of the Carnegie Tyrannosaurus has better colors though, and I think the Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus should replace the Schleich Pentaceratops, but I guess the one we have now has one representative from each company.

Ikessauro

Here's one with the less brightly colored T.rex

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good..just still not a fan of the Schleich Penta really.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: