You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The DTF Banner-which 2014 releases should be featured?

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, December 23, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Time to get to work then... I'm gonna make a few options so you guys can choose from. That is, if you don't mind of course. I've been doing the banner updates for the past two or three years now, so I guess that has become sort of a tradition to me.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 24, 2013, 10:57:35 PM
Time to get to work then... I'm gonna make a few options so you guys can choose from. That is, if you don't mind of course. I've been doing the banner updates for the past two or three years now, so I guess that has become sort of a tradition to me.

Yes, that would be great, if you don't mind!  :D
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bokisaurus

My picks would be -
CollectA - Charcarodontosaurus, QuetzalQ, and mosasaur , XenoC
Safari - Pachy or Sucho, ammonite (good companion to the mosasaur)
Papo - Dilopho for sure
Bully - Lambeo
Schliech - a big Maybe the theri
Mojo - the uinatherium

No Safari Rex- we had T-rex in almost all the banner ;)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 25, 2013, 03:07:53 AM
My picks would be -
CollectA - Charcarodontosaurus, QuetzalQ, and mosasaur , XenoC
Safari - Pachy or Sucho, ammonite (good companion to the mosasaur)
Papo - Dilopho for sure
Bully - Lambeo
Schliech - a big Maybe the theri
Mojo - the uinatherium

No Safari Rex- we had T-rex in almost all the banner ;)

Mojo will not release anything prehistoric in 2014, only a  Thylacine.

Ikessauro

Here's the first version of the 2014 banner. Please comment and say what  you think. Bear in mind that this is only a preliminary version, because not all models have high resolution pics available online. Also, Collecta models have sort of a watermark on them, which I removed in a really crude way just to get the model on the banner, those photos can and will be updated later.
I chose one of each company/line. Carnegie, Bullyland, Schleich, Papo and Collecta, the later with two models. Did not include Geoworld, Mojo and other companies, but I'll do alternative versions with other companies' models.
There's seven models on the banner, one more than this years, I used T.rex and Papo Dilophosaurus as a frame, that's why they are bigger on both ends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good so far..amybe replace the Schleich Penta with the WS Ammonite though ?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 04:04:25 AM
Looks good so far..amybe replace the Schleich Penta with the WS Ammonite though ?
My thoughts exactly, first of all it was already agreed that the ammonite and Papo Dilophosaurus would be on their for sure, second of all I don't think Schleich deserves to be on the banner anymore :-\.

Otherwise it looks great though! Ikessauro, would you consider making the ATF 2014 Banner as well?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Ikessauro

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 25, 2013, 04:13:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 04:04:25 AM
My thoughts exactly, first of all it was already agreed that the ammonite and Papo Dilophosaurus would be on their for sure, second of all I don't think Schleich deserves to be on the banner anymore :-\.

Otherwise it looks great though! Ikessauro, would you consider making the ATF 2014 Banner as well?

Here's version two!

I'll replace the Penta for the Ammonite then. About the Animal Toy Forum, I can give it a try, but to be honest, I don't really collect much extant animals, so you guys would have to choose the animals to be used in the banner first.  You can also make a list of all animals released in 2014 and send it to me or point me to a thread in ATF so I can use as a source of material.

EDIT: Ammonite added

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the 2nd one with the Ammonite..looks like the Mosa is going after it and the Lambe appears to running from the Rex ! lol

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I would say that the Collecta Carcharodontosaurus or Icthyovenator should be on there. Both are simply superb models and are in my opinion far better than for instance, the ammonite, a Schleich piece, or a Bullyland piece.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

I really like the version with the ammonite myself as well, it just seems to talk.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 04:42:37 AM
I like the 2nd one with the Ammonite..looks like the Mosa is going after it and the Lambe appears to running from the Rex ! lol
Exactly.The second one with the ammonite is my favorite so far...but may you add CollectA's new Coconut Palm so it'd work out as decoration? ;)

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The Return Of The Mammoth's

DinoToyForum

I really like the one with the ammonite. The rex and Dilophosaurus work really well as a frame because they face each other, and then we have a nice nice mix of companies and taxa. Dinosaurs, marine reptile, pterosaur, and invertebrate!

Feel free to have a stab at the Animal Toy Forum Banner if you want, but don't feel obliged! The DTF banner is more than enough!

Ikessauro

I have to find a better shot of the Carcha, because the one available he is in a profile view, which makes it too long to look good on the banner.
Nonetheless I made this version with the Ichthy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

i was pretty satisfied before, but feel free t keep tweaking it if you want. :)

tyrantqueen

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 25, 2013, 03:38:47 PM
i was pretty satisfied before, but feel free t keep tweaking it if you want. :)

I prefer to make a few options and have you guys choose.

DinoToyForum

Sure, we can have a few and put it to the vote, as last year :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: