News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What do you think you will get tomorrow?

Started by alexeratops, December 24, 2013, 03:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Just tell what you think you will get tomorrow (christmas)! :))

me? Hopefully my first shapeways. :)
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on December 24, 2013, 03:03:25 PM

Dinosaur something or others...last year not one dinosaur. How do you miss I LIKE dinosaurs !? lol

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 24, 2013, 04:49:05 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 24, 2013, 03:03:25 PM

Dinosaur something or others...last year not one dinosaur. How do you miss I LIKE dinosaurs !? lol

What?! (santa failed you) :P
like a bantha!

Balaur

Well, I'm actually getting presents today and tommorow. I have a Polish tradition called Wigilia (pronounced ve-gee-leea) that occurs on Christmas Eve, in which family and friends gather and we have a six course meal (you can skip courses if you want to eat what you like) and then we leave the house, sang Christmas charols at night for a little walk, and then we return (according to folklore we sing to angels) presents are all over the place! Supposedly the angels bring them, but I debunked that myself when I was 12. I am very proud of myself. ;)

But anyways, I always put dinosaurs on my list every year, and I always get dinosaurs every year, so I probably will get a few shapeways, maybe a few more Walking with Dinosaurs figures, and get a few new Safari releases (but not from 2014, as I didn't know they were coming so early). That's what I think. For today and tommorow.

Victorsaurus

I'd like to say dinosaurs but I'm often given nothing at all because my father says that we're dirt poor (I go to a high-end private school so I doubt that...) and my relatives usually don't give me dinosaurs thinking that if they don't give me anything to ignite my interest then I'll lose my passion for dinosaurs and pick up more 'normal' interests ('snot that easy.)
Oh well, I usually just buy my own presents though with the severe scarcity of dinosaur toys that aren't chinasaurs in NZ it isn't exactly that easy...

tyrantqueen

I don't know what my family bought me this year, but I don't think it's dinosaur related. They know I'm so picky about dinosaur toys. I don't like to focus too much on the material side of Christmas, I prefer to use it to spend time with family members.

Takama

Well I know what I am getting.

A movie and a Suchomimus.

The Suchomimus came today.   and My mom promised she take me to see WWD in theaters later this week.

everything else I might get is unknown to me.

Simon

Victorsaurus - As a father myself who has 3 kids in a similar situation, I might suggest that what your father meant to say was that:

"BECAUSE we have to pay for high-end private school, we are dirt poor!"  ;D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2013, 12:11:17 AM
I don't know what my family bought me this year, but I don't think it's dinosaur related. They know I'm so picky about dinosaur toys. I don't like to focus too much on the material side of Christmas, I prefer to use it to spend time with family members.

Nice choice. :)
like a bantha!

Victorsaurus

I'll take your word, although I did see my father trying to hide a massive flatscreen television this morning ;D
As an amateur stand up comedian people say that I have all my father's quirky mannerisms...

tyrantqueen

Well, Christmas day is coming to an end over here. My family seemed happy with the stuff I got them :)

To those of you around the world, Merry Christmas, and for those of us in the UK (and other Commonwealth nations), happy Boxing Day too >:D

Balaur

Well so far, I've gotten the Cambrian Fauna Toob, the Exotic Birds Toob, the Safari Platypus, thr Safari Gryposaurus, and, against all the odds, the Papo Dimetrodon! I'll see what else I get this morning.

radman

Blade-of-the-Moon

I received a few movies, none dino related unless you count Godzilla..actually the only dinosaur related things I received were three dino books. The best ones were the new Big Golden book and the Last Day of the Dinosaur Mummy...oddly this book looks kinda of cheaply made..almost like a knockoff or fake ?

Takama

I received. Age of Dinosaurs from asylum

Quen

I received the Papo brachiosaurus, Carnegie miragaia, and three volumes of Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia by Donald Glut (and the Safari golden dragon; it's too pretty not to mention). I was just going to show a picture, but I'm having problems with photobucket right now.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Quendrega on December 27, 2013, 02:02:29 AM
I received the Papo brachiosaurus, Carnegie miragaia, and three volumes of Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia by Donald Glut (and the Safari golden dragon; it's too pretty not to mention). I was just going to show a picture, but I'm having problems with photobucket right now.
I want to get that one. Just one question- is it the compendium of the first three volumes in one book, or is it each of the volumes by themselves? If it was the latter, it must have been very expensive.

Quen

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 27, 2013, 02:11:41 AM
I want to get that one. Just one question- is it the compendium of the first three volumes in one book, or is it each of the volumes by themselves? If it was the latter, it must have been very expensive.

It is 3 volumes. I believe they were purchased as a set; I'm not sure how that would affect the price, but I'll be sure to double thank the person I got them from.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice gifts ! Congrats !

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.