News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The latest Display Room of Sbell

Started by SBell, January 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: radman on January 14, 2014, 11:57:28 PM
Very impressive assemblage!  Divorce-worthy, indeed. ;)  I especially like the faunacasts marine collection at the top, although where is the liopleurodon?

I just never got it...could only do so much! However, I am waiting for four of Malcolm's pieces (have been for a while--Malcolm, where are you!? ;D) which is why there are a few small gaps up there.

Libraraptor

Great collection, beautifully displayed!

0thebigwytec5

You have a great collection!

Your shelving units are impressive too. I hope one day I can have a setup like that for my collection.

SBell

Hooray! I have finally gotten around to doing more close-ups of the shelves. I am not doing all of them at once. There'd be over 100 photos in one post! Ridiculous!

I will also be repeating at the ATF. I will pretty much copy and paste because it's easier. I also won't be documenting every single figure in each picture, because that's crazy. Although I probably could from memory...I just don't want to prove that wrong!.

First series of close ups:

SET 1
Dinotales Cabinet An entire cabinet dedicated solely to the 7.5 Regular Dinotales series. No magazine premiums, no Expos, etc. The only exception is the JP tour set, because I'm capricious that way, and also because this is the only shelf that was not significantly (or at all) reorganized. There is also no particular order to what is where, it was more about using the space well.

Whole cabinet:

Top shelf, left-to-right:

Second shelf from top, left-to-right:

Third shelf, left-to-right:

Bottom shelf, left-to-right:

SET 2
Mostly Kaiyodo & Other Japanese companies (Yujin, Bandai, Epoch, Toba Aquarium) figures shelf

Whole cabinet:

Top shelf. left-to-right:

Second shelf, left-to-right:

Third shelf, left-to-right:

Whole third shelf, demonstrating the display set-up:

Bottom shelf, left-to-right:

pascosaur

What a collection! :o
When I think that I never saw a single dinotales dinosaur for real :-[
They look gorgeous...

And no, I am not jealous!!!

DinoLord

Roselaar

Quite impressive! Great bunch of figurines. :)

Crackington

Have you thought about doing a video of the collection Sean? Though I guess it could be pretty long with a collection that size and might require a Peter Jackson approach to it!

SBell

Quote from: Crackington on November 02, 2014, 08:05:48 PM
Have you thought about doing a video of the collection Sean? Though I guess it could be pretty long with a collection that size and might require a Peter Jackson approach to it!

I thought about it, but honestly it could take a while, and it's hard to stay steady that long!

Ikessauro

Great collection, but a big heavy on the watermark, don't you think? Either you're really worried about non authorized usage of your photos or you thought of using your collection as a good way to advertise your store. Maybe both... Anyway, really distracting.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 02, 2014, 10:23:19 PM
Great collection, but a big heavy on the watermark, don't you think? Either you're really worried about non authorized usage of your photos or you thought of using your collection as a good way to advertise your store. Maybe both... Anyway, really distracting.

As someone who has had many pictures grabbed by many different unauthorized users, yes, it is a concern that I choose to thwart in obvious fashion.

Also, I use a free program that doesn't allow me a lot of modification, especially when I do them in batches. And I'm not about to fuss with each photo individually, it takes too long. I might be able to adjust them a bit, but I wouldn't take them off.

DinoLord

Good call on the watermarks; that was something I had not thought of until now. My photos of various figures I've reviewed for the blog seemed to have made their rounds through the web, but I haven't seen my collection photos used anywhere (they're probably not organized enough to warrant such a thing!)

SBell

Quote from: DinoLord on November 02, 2014, 10:36:22 PM
Good call on the watermarks; that was something I had not thought of until now. My photos of various figures I've reviewed for the blog seemed to have made their rounds through the web, but I haven't seen my collection photos used anywhere (they're probably not organized enough to warrant such a thing!)

Yeah, the nature of the internet is that every photo tends to be seen as everybody's property if you don't protect it (Boki recently ran into that on Facebook with one of his older photos--when I called the poster out, he claimed that he didn't know they belonged to someone...seeing as they were repaints, that seemed odd).

I am, however, trying to figure out how to rework the markings--the settings I used were for photos of individual figures, where I need to cross the middle of the photo (or else it's too easy to crop off). I will update if I can get a new marking to work correctly. Or, it will kind of be obvious if it works I suppose.

EDIT--Okay, success. Photos are still marked, but in the corners and hopefully less intrusively.

Bokisaurus

Impressive as always :) Wish I had room to display my collection, instead most are stored in a bin ;D

alexeratops

I really need some display cases like that; my stuff gets too dusty!!
like a bantha!

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on November 02, 2014, 10:27:03 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on November 02, 2014, 10:23:19 PM

As someone who has had many pictures grabbed by many different unauthorized users, yes, it is a concern that I choose to thwart in obvious fashion.

Also, I use a free program that doesn't allow me a lot of modification, especially when I do them in batches. And I'm not about to fuss with each photo individually, it takes too long. I might be able to adjust them a bit, but I wouldn't take them off.

I understand, I've had some of mine even used on eBay auctions! Anyway, good job adjusting the watermark, now it doesn't bother the eye too much. BTW, I didn't know there was a bulk watermark service online... nice to know that! Congrats on the displays, I love them all, as I'm too am obsessed with glass doors. I hate the dust and even when you clean your models, they don't look as new as they would if you had stored them behind a glass door.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Wow...great and massive collection, true collector  :D

Pinkamena

I am in serious awe of your collection! I could spend days admiring them.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: