News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The latest Display Room of Sbell

Started by SBell, January 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Thanks all!

So, first cabinet. Entirely Dinotales...except for some of the Dino Expos I think? And there are a few of the later Kaiyodo prehistoric capsule figures in here too...sometimes I just have to make them fit!

So that's today's shelves! I'll try to post a new cabinet (or part thereof) each day. Easier than trying to do all of it at once! Also...kind of cheating, but I'm just posting the same thing each time on the DTF, ATF and STS...just easier!

Bokisaurus

Ah, nice to see the room again! I tell ya, this is the envy of any collectors, a room with many cabinets to display ones collection! ^-^

SBell

Thanks again everyone...

And with further ado, another day, another cabinet! Mostly Kaiyodo Animaltales, ChocoQ figures, Capsules/Bottlecaps, plus some other Japanese sets and miscellaneous figures (mostly Yujin, Bandai that sort of thing)

I sometimes feel like I should reorganize these somehow...but it's just kind of daunting!  And, of course as always, this will be cross-posted through the DTF, ATF and STS!

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

The dinosaurs of Japanese toy companies such as Kaiyodo or Colorata to name two examples, are beautifully detailed dinosaurs and what I have said many times dinosaurs and miniatures like Kaiyodo, Favorite or Colorata are destined more for offices of scientists and specialized collectors more than for children.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 28, 2018, 06:09:26 PM
The dinosaurs of Japanese toy companies such as Kaiyodo or Colorata to name two examples, are beautifully detailed dinosaurs and what I have said many times dinosaurs and miniatures like Kaiyodo, Favorite or Colorata are destined more for offices of scientists and specialized collectors more than for children.  :)

I do know of instructors that have used them as teaching models! Even at their tiny size, they are very good at capturing all of the details!

SBell

New day, new cabinet closeups! This one is a lot more random--some 'mystery' series figures, some assortments from a variety of companies, and a bunch of Shapeways figures...and the majority of my FaunaCasts models...plus some other customs and special figures!

And in the last photo, a close up of the ephemera on the book shelf below...including my various plants that I am otherwise unsure of where they can go!

(It should be noted that some cabinets have more shelves than others...just how they spaced out. Plus these ones have an extra, short cabinet on top that is separate)

Shonisaurus

By the way Sbell the magnificent figures without painting what company do they belong to? I think they are very well made figures.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 01, 2018, 11:21:28 AM
By the way Sbell the magnificent figures without painting what company do they belong to? I think they are very well made figures.  :)

Those are the Shapeways prints. They can be painted of course, but I generally don't--I kind of like the monochrome!

Other than the Saurosuchus and the Gomphotherium--those are Primeval Designs figures.

SBell

And now for Cabinet 4!

Topped by the rest of my FaunaCasts models, most of these are other prehistoric figures--Prehistoric Panorama, various Kaiyodo specials, Expo figures, and other capsule sets, a few different Bandai ones, and even the Nabisco/Lido Prehistoric Mammals!

Halichoeres

Your Cog Ltd Quetzalcoatlus is darker than the ones I've seen. I've only ever seen it in white:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 02, 2018, 05:43:18 PM
Your Cog Ltd Quetzalcoatlus is darker than the ones I've seen. I've only ever seen it in white:

That's because mine's the OG Tedco version--I got the whole set in the first months of their releases!

Admittedly, some don't stay together very well...

Halichoeres

Yeah, I wasn't aware any of the re-releases got new paint jobs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 02, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

I'll admit, I wasn't either...I guess I didn't pay attention since I have the full set.

Interestingly, the head looks similar, but the body seems to have the paint job of the Pterodaustro (was that one reissued?)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
And now for Cabinet 4!

Where did you get those inner transparent shelves ?
I would definately be needing some for myself ...

SBell

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 02, 2018, 05:56:50 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
And now for Cabinet 4!

Where did you get those inner transparent shelves ?
I would definately be needing some for myself ...

In the case of those ones, the squared ones are acrylic storage boxes (in some photos, you can see little bumps on the corners to facilitate stacking). They come in three different lengths (all the same width) and their square shape means I can turn them on any edge depending on presentation needs! And if I turn it right, it means I can put things 'inside' and on top! Some of them--like the ChocoQ shelves from a few days ago--are stacked and combined in unique ways (the Colorata shelves will show it in a few days as well).

I got them at Winners (HomeSense) in packs of 3.

The one on the right is a cheaper dollar-store one; it's more slopey, so it doesn't stack as well. But it doe raise things up!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2018, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 02, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

I'll admit, I wasn't either...I guess I didn't pay attention since I have the full set.

Interestingly, the head looks similar, but the body seems to have the paint job of the Pterodaustro (was that one reissued?)

Yeah, the Pterodaustro was re-issued. The body paint job is similar, although the Pterodaustro has more black highlights than the Quetz:

The Pterodaustro also sometimes has orange teeth rather than yellow in the re-release. As I'm sure you know, these days you get them in bags of 4, and it has either Pterodaustro or Quetzalcoatlus but never both. I've never seen a Tropeognathus among the re-releases; the one in this photo is the only one I have and I bought it individually on eBay.

SBell

What is this, cabinet...5? Yes!

After a couple of fun, large spinosaurs on top, we've got a bunch of Japanese figures from all sorts of companies including Cosmol mammoths, Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and a bunch of different deep sea animals from Yujin, Epoch, Takara, and Kaiyodo (and others?) plus a whole lot of metal figures, some Feves, and finally Yowies! So many Yowies crowded together...I should do something about that...! And one more Shapeways figure...a ninja shark!

Halichoeres

For whatever reason, I'm really digging that Yowie catfish.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: