News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Times - Issue 108

Started by Crackington, January 25, 2014, 08:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

I have just received the latest issue of Prehistoric Times (108) and its a good one. There's an interview with David Krentz on the WWD movie, an interesting summary of the main paleontological news in 2013 by Steve Brusatte and an enjoyable account by Paul McFarland of his visit to the Berlin Humboldt Museum. I visited the museum some years back so it brought back a few memories and was interesting to hear how it has changed. There's also 2 beautiful articles by John Sibbick and James Gurney on their recent forays into postage stamp artwork in, respectively, the UK and Australia - you wait years for an article on dinosaur stamps and then 2 turn up at the same time!

Btw, I was going to post this in the previous Prehistoric Times thread, but a warning message flashed up asking that I consider starting a new thread as its over 300 days since anyone posted in it. I hope its OK to do this new one for members to use when they want to comment on the latest issue. If not, I guess it could be merged with the old thread.

DinoToyForum

Great, I think it is a good idea to have a separate thread per Prehistoric Times issue.

108 sounds like a good one, perhaps I should resubscribe...

tyrantqueen

This was the issue with the fetching purple and red fuzzy allosaurus, right? :D

I have to say I love PT. It's like a love letter to fans of all things prehistoric.

Crackington

Thanks Adam, I didn't want to tread on anyone's toes, but the previous thread was rather old.

TQ - Yes that's right and thanks for adding the image of the cover. I like your love letter analogy, although I tend to see it as my seasonal big paleo fix!

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 25, 2014, 08:43:38 PM
This was the issue with the fetching purple and red fuzzy allosaurus, right? :D

I have to say I love PT. It's like a love letter to fans of all things prehistoric.
I don't lime that Allosaurus,honestly.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI don't lime that Allosaurus,honestly.
Umm...come again?

Concavenator

Like,sorry  :-X Just a quick tip error

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Maybe I should start getting these 8).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoToyForum

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 25, 2014, 08:24:10 PM
Great, I think it is a good idea to have a separate thread per Prehistoric Times issue.

108 sounds like a good one, perhaps I should resubscribe...

You haven't yet !?  :o

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.