News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Red Saharan Uromastyx by Zuru. The legs spin and it runs around, which looks surprisingly convincing since it moves so quickly.

Absolutely precious, I love it and I'm glad I went through the trouble to hunt it down (most stores only stocked the snakes from this line).

Sculpt does not resemble an Uromastyx because technically this is a paint variant and the sculpt is of an Indo-Chinese Forest lizard.

I bought it because I adore this design, stylized as it is, and preferred these colours, but for species completionists this line is still worth looking into.

CityRaptor

Got a piece of Urban Vinyl...kidding, it's Ultra Monster Series Dinosaur Tank

Got it due to several reasons:
I wanted to see how the Ultra Monster Series compares to the old Movie Monster Series Godzilla figures I still have left. Obviously it would have to be a Dinosaur Kaiju.  And this one was not only the cheapest option available ( only 6 Euros total, as shipping was free ), but it's also rather charming due to it's utterly bizarre nature and reminds me of the Neave Parker Megalosaurus. Last but not least, it could actually pass off as a piece of urban vinyl.
As for the comparism: Movie Monster series is superior in size, articulation, details and paintjob. The latter is due to the amount of paint, not the qulaity, as both have pretty crisp paint jobs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Got my first Kaiyodo Revoltech today; Tohsaka Rin.

Overall I'm quite impressed, though I'll be sticking to Figma's. Revoltech are a lot more finicky and it's difficult to get Rin to hold a pose.

With Misaka Mikoto Figma for size (Revoltech is 6 inches vs Figma at 5 and 1/2).

Figma's are of course intended to be easier to pose, and are much easier to swap out parts for too. Figma are "high end action figures" vs something like FiguArts being "pose-able statues", and Revoltech landing somewhere in the middle.

Each has it's own appeal, but Figma's suit me best.

I'm glad I bought this less expensive one so I know relatively what I'm getting into with the upcoming Revoltech Arthropods, which are considerably more expensive. Can hardly wait for those to come out, but I've tempered expectations in terms of articulation and quality control. Hopefully being more expensive paint app's will be a bit more fine tuned on them.

MLMjp

This guy was a very pleasant christmas surprise, Studio series Megatron!

I love this guy, Revenge of the Fallen Megatron is easily my favorite Megatron design from the movies.

All hail the glorious leader of the decepticons! All hail Megatron!

Loon

So, I have not been in this thread for a while...I did not plan this, here's my new Megatron...

He's lovely, though when I was collecting, voyagers were $20, not $30, but whatever.

I haven't really bought a transformer since I sold my collection a couple of years ago, but these new WFC figures are so nice, and I really liked Bumblebee, I had to.

CityRaptor

Got some Gashapon HG Godzillas:

"I think this is going to be Godzilla's last fight."

"A god incarnate. A city doomed."

"When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praised of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been awhile... Oh, King of Destruction. "
Oh no

MLMjp

So, I recently got involved into Godzilla stuff thanks to King of the Monsters hype.
I came across a certain NECA Figure, I tried to look for other versions in other stores but I couldn't find anything but this one. So I decided to give it a "go" and make it my first Godzilla acquisition:

Shin Godzilla atomic blast by NECA, I would have preferred the regular version, but it is quite pricey online and I already spent to much time looking for one on the wild, so I picked up this version. But it is alright, I'm happy :)
Quote from: Loon on January 07, 2019, 07:48:31 AM
He's lovely, though when I was collecting, voyagers were $20, not $30, but whatever.
When I started collecting transformers, voyager were between 25-30€, now they are between 30-40€.

CityRaptor

Be warned. Godzilla stuff can be very addicting. Just like Dinosaurs. And just like Dinosaurs, it takes lots of space on the shelf.
Oh no

MLMjp

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 18, 2019, 08:28:10 PM
Be warned. Godzilla stuff can be very addicting. Just like Dinosaurs. And just like Dinosaurs, it takes lots of space on the shelf.
My idea is just to get figures of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah from King of the Monsters and that's it, whether they be NECA or Jakks that's to be seen. I bought this Shin Godzilla just because I liked Shin Godzilla, and also because Godzilla is the only monster from that movie, so no risk of me wanting more. Also I refuse to buy any of those overpriced SH Monsterarts. Although depending on it I might have to buy the new King Ghidorah, but just that one. Let's hope I don't have to! ::)

Loon

I saw How to Train your Dragon 3 a couple of weeks ago, and figured since I loved the series so much, I'd start collecting some figures.

So, here's my growing collection:

Unfortunately, many of the figures on the shelves are overly-stylized, even for already stylized designs; so, most of these are by Playmobil. The Playmobil dragons are pretty amazing, definitely the best toys of any of these characters ever, sans the Playmobil humans. I just got the Night Light Funko Pop, and she's cute, I'm hoping to find the rest of her family soon.

Also, my last trip to Universal Studios turned out to be pretty expensive.

Only God can judge me.

MLMjp

I got the OG:

Here the story, the store had both this and a regular Shin Godzilla, as well as other NECAs. My intention was to get Shin and maybe the OG.
The store was closed so I went there the next day...AND SOMEBODY HAD ALREADY TAKEN SHIN >:(
Despite that, I am very happy with this one, and unlike the atomic blast Shin that I already have(because he is always with his mouth open there's really not much to do with him, that's why I wanted the regular Shin) I feel like I can do something with him.
Don't worry avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor, I'm not addicted to Godzilla...yet. ::) That will depend of how King of the Monsters turns out. ;D

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Bokisaurus

The last of the CollectA's have landed :D
[]
More pjotos in my collection thread if you want to see more, cheers and happy collecting! :))

Shonisaurus

The elasmotherium is immense, the baryonyx is small next to that magnificent prehistoric rhinoceros. Collecta has done a good job.

MLMjp

Yet another one rendition of the king...But probably my most anticipated!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

MLMjp

AcroSauroTaurus

My S.H.MonsterArts King Ghidorah-2019 arrived two days ago, and he looks majestic sitting on my Godzilla shelf.

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Acquired these over the past couple weekends.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Little sci-fi haul with my remaining Christmas cash

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: