News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Well, yeah, she is a bit different than your usual Plesiosaur figure. Her partner might be a bit more to your likinng, depending on the mode.
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Plezuon

The Marine Brave, Kyoryu Violet!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Yes, I have a toy of that one, despite it hardly resembling a marine reptile at all. The only appealing part about it to me is the tube in the center that has a color-changing picture of a plesiosaur on it (not sure what it's called in the series).

[Edit - Zyudenchi, apparently. Also found another plesiosaur in the series - Futabain the Futabasaurus. Nifty.]
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Patrx

If Super Sentai could get back to making cool-looking animal robots again, that would be great. Zyuohger's are the worst yet. I think the problem is the collectable gimmicks - batteries, cubes, ninja stars - they inevitably over-complicate the animal design. Plus, the gimmicks always end up doing that awful thing where they just magically get bigger to accommodate the giant mecha.

CityRaptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 23, 2017, 04:27:52 PM
[Edit - Zyudenchi, apparently. Also found another plesiosaur in the series - Futabain the Futabasaurus. Nifty.]

I have that one. My only Sentai item actually. If you want one, you have to watch out which version. There is normal, Deboth and Empty.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

I got my daughter a Lego Easter bunny today and treated myself to a Lego Batman blind bag...I got Commissioner Gordon! :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on February 02, 2017, 06:43:13 AM
Got some new stuff recently after making some sales, so yeah.
I some new 5"/6" scale figures:
AT-AT Driver, Figma Zero Suit Samus, Snowtrooper(or "Snow Stormtrooper," if you're one of those... ;)), and Sabine Wren

And the World of Nintendo Metroid. I found it hidden behind one of those horrible movie megazords and a John Cena, makes sense, it was on a deep clearance.

Also picked up the Dreamworks Voltron 14" figure, I went to Target looking for some of the lions, but they only had this and the 6' figures, so I got this figure out of sheer Voltron-desperation....and sadness...

I'm pathetic. Also, not toy relevent; but, if anyone likes roms, AM2R is pretty great.

I had no idea that World of Nintendo made some high-quality pieces. Love all the stuff FIGMA does--- recently picked up their Link between Worlds figure.

Interesting quote on the signature, although I prefer the younger Hitchens as his sense of logic is more consistent across topics.

Loon

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 27, 2017, 09:25:00 PM
I had no idea that World of Nintendo made some high-quality pieces. Love all the stuff FIGMA does--- recently picked up their Link between Worlds figure.

Interesting quote on the signature, although I prefer the younger Hitchens as his sense of logic is more consistent across topics.

Yeah, the metroid is probably their best release, but some of the other stuff is definitely worth at the very least glancing at. FIGMA's really starting to gain some presence in my collection, mostly with the metroid releases. I can't wait for the new Prime 3 Samus, that figure looks so good. As for Hitchens, I agree that in his later years he did some stuff I didn't really agree with, but he still was, overall, one of the last great intellectuals, in my opinion.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Megalosaurus

Nice gojira.

May we see the tail detail? It was a very important part in the movie.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

AcroSauroTaurus

Heres the tail tip, the paint work on it isn't good, just a few orange spots on it... But I plan on touching it up to make the tail tip look better. But the paint on the rest of it is great. Also, better photos of the whole figure.

I am the Dinosaur King!

spinosaurus1

Megalosaurus

Thanks.
Is the scariest Godzilla I've ever seen.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

I recently Got Shin Godzilla as well.

But truth Be told i was hesitant, because of this video Regaurding the company that produced it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgX8MM8uVE

Yes i posted that Video before, and not everyone will agree with what he says in the first few minutes.   But When I first Opend my Shin godzilla, i was nervous.    But Thankfully, it did not brake on me when i started to play around with it.

AcroSauroTaurus

This guy just came in the mail today, all the way from Japan. The Kaiyodo Revoltech Molten Tigrex! More photos coming. (more photos will be in my collection thread later)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jetoar

Wonderful. I have monster hunter merchandising too included the revoltech Rathalos ^_^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Loon

I picked up a few new items recently.
Some of the new Star Wars Black Series figures, all of which are very nice.

The Disney Store was having a sale on a lot of stuff, so I picked up these two for about $6 each, which is really great, since these are pretty neat.

And finally...I thought I would never have to get one of these things, but Bojack Horseman is too hard for me to say no to.

Patrx

AkibaRed!
AkibaBlue!
AkibaYellow!
Unofficial Sentai: Akibaranger!

I've had Red for a while now, but just picked up Blue and Yellow to complete the team! Normally, I'm not big on poseable figures because all the joints interfere with the look. But, unlike most Sentai heroes, these folks have segmented armor-like costumes, so the seams actually match up just fine with the actual designs.

Faelrin

I just received my Safari Treasure Chest yesterday that I got on Ebay a few days ago. I tried finding them in the stores near me, but I didn't see any. Think this one is retiring this year since I used to see it on the hot deals on the Safari LTD website, but I can't find it there anymore. I honestly just saw this browsing their site a bit ago and just decided why not get it. Could use it as an accessory for any action figures I have, or just display it alongside any of the mythical creatures Safari makes if I get any down the road. It's small, but it's got very detailed sculpted "loot" inside with glitter and metallic gold painting used on most of it. I like that it opens and closes too.

I might be getting some other stuff tomorrow that might be non-dinosaur related, so I'll try to grab a pic of the chest and whatever else tomorrow, when I hopefully have better lighting.

Edit: Got the Safari LTD Cloud Dragon, Dragon Hatchlings, Minotaur, Inostrancevia (last one in stock), and Gastornis today. Got home late since I was at my brother's house pretty much all day, so I'll take a pic tomorrow. I had this 55% coupon for A. C. Moore and I was planning to spend it on the Safari LTD Hydra, but I wasn't impressed with any that were in stock (all 6 or so had paint defects in one place or more. Yes I am that picky). I really wish they had better paint quality control for their figures. At least I can take my time approving a figure in person before buying it. I suppose I was lucky that the last Inostrancevia in stock had decent paintwork on it, although it does have a paint rub(?) in one spot.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

I just received most of the first "wave" of Playmobil's How to Try Your Dragon sets.

This set, featuring Gobber the Belch and a catapult is ok. Pretty much all of the non-dragon sets are just ok at best.

This set features the Villian of the second film, Drago Bludvist and an enslaved dragon by the name of Thunderclaw. I like this guy's fatness and tiny Theropod arms, as well as the removable helmet.

Astrid and Stormfly is probably my favorite set, mostly due to my love of the Deadly Nadder dragon design.

The Hiccup and Toothless set is the most bang for your buck set of the lot. With a good amount of accessories and light up spines on Toothless' back.

They're pretty fun, and probably the best figures these characters have ever received. Though, the Sideshow Collectibles Toothless statue will soon change that, I'm sure.

Faelrin

Pretty neat little HTTYD sets you got there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: