News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Wait...Bandai doesn't make Godzilla figures anymore?

Dinoxels

Quote from: Loon on January 18, 2020, 11:35:22 PM
Wait...Bandai doesn't make Godzilla figures anymore?
No. They still do, unfortunately there has been a rumor going around that Playmates "bought" Bandai. They are just doing things that look a lot like Bandai. More or less, these exist because Godzilla vs. Kong got delayed and the toys got delayed in turn. But they still had contracts saying they needed toys, so they needed to look to something to "reference", that being Bandai.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Well, those look a bit better than the SpaceGodzilla pictures I've seen. I mean, come on, that does look like a bootleg:

Playmates one on the right. Bandai on the left.
Of course those are not sold here in Germany, so that isn't an issue for me anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

triceratops83

The Playmates Monsterverse figures turned up in Kmart Australia. They're OK, but I hope we get something better further along down the track. They've sold well though - there were a whole bunch of them a week ago but today when I went in there were only a couple of Kongs left.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dinoxels

It's a shame it will be a while until we get up to date monsterverse toys, considering Godzilla vs. Kong's delay.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Jose S.M.

Not very recent actually but these are the only non prehistoric figures I have bought, the newer whales toob and dolphins toob from Safari ltd

sauroid

those look cool Jose S.M. are they very well detailed for their size?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

The dolphins are mostly smooth, being dolphins hehe but they are for the most part well painted, although I retouched the paint in a couple of them due to minor imperfections. The whales are more detailed, specially the humpback, right and grey whales since they have more bumps and textures.

sauroid

that's awesome. i might be getting that toob soon. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteI ended up however with 34 points during one grocery run and thus could get six figures immediately.

0:  :0   0:

Congrats!

Edit: Just saw, they have a Great White. This one is for me.

The Atroxious

I'm unsure whether to put this here or in the other Recent Acquisitions thread, since it is a dinosaur, albeit an extant one, but I figured I'd stick it here since the other thread seems to focus on extinct animals, dinosaur or no.

I've had my eye on this big fellow for about ten years now, and I finally decided to spring for him when I saw him marked down about 80%. Let me just say, he is huge. He's 75cm tall (29.5in) and 106cm from beak to tail (41.7in). He absolutely dwarfs my other Gyps plushies. Feels good to finally get him after covetously eyeing him for so long. He's my second major collectible purchase this year, but the first one is still on preorder. So far, the only good thing I can say about this year is that I managed to snag two pricey items that I wasn't sure I'd ever get my hands on. 2020 is a dumpster fire, but I guess I got my consolation prizes?

I think I'll name this guy Thaddeus.

Halichoeres

Thad's a lot of vulture. Is he supposed to be a Griffon?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

PrimevalRaptor

I usually don't collect mammals, but this big lad was too cool to pass on!

CityRaptor

Congratulations. While I did not collect points and animals, I noticed that the Edeka near me only had Cobras left during my last crocery shopping. Dozens of them. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

My S.H.MonsterArts Nargacuga arrived yesterday, so here are some pictures.

I am the Dinosaur King!

EmperorDinobot

PrimevalRaptor

Yoooo, Nargacuga is one of my favorite MH dragons, congratulations on that model!

Speaking of Monster Hunter, got this Xeno'jiiva figure from my mum for St. Nicholas Day, very pleasant surprise, love the translucency!

And on a more 'real' level of animal, the Schleich Great White joined my desk, it has a few tiny scuffs on the other side of it's face but I just really love the shape of it.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: