News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' shapeways models

Started by fabricious, June 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Hey folks.
I figured since some other artists started threads in here with their models, I might start one for my own stuff as well (if not desired by the admins: please remove it!).
For now, I am only working on one model, a Saurophaganax maximus (nickname Phagus), which I will be working on from time to time and, hopefully, I will upload it to Shapeways.
Critique and suggestions are always highly welcome, as well as ideas for other models and poses!

Greetings,
Fabrizio

SpittersForEver

fabricious

Thank you! I am really pleased with the model so far, I hope I can get it done soon so I can start on another one (next to my other projects, of course).

dutchdinolover

Your of to a good start! I'm afraid I am of no use for anatomical feedback since my knowledge is extremely limited but I look forward for the final product. Cheers and good luck!

fabricious

Thank you for the kind words! I definitely look forward to working on him some more. Right now it is definitely too hot to be working on the computer. ;)

SpittersForEver

Quote from: fabricious on June 09, 2014, 02:39:49 PM
Thank you for the kind words! I definitely look forward to working on him some more. Right now it is definitely too hot to be working on the computer. ;)

He is coming along nicely.

fabricious

And now he's got some claws as well! ;) Onwards to repairing that horrible job the dentist did on those teeth...

SpittersForEver

will he be available for Purchase?

fabricious

I would love to make him available through shapeways, but I'll first have to read up on how to do that (first proper 3D-model, so I still have a lot to figure out). If everything works out, I might make two or three different poses and then move on to the next model.

fabricious

linda70

This model is designed to be very good !             

alexeratops

Did you ask the dentist for a refund? lol That's great Fabricious. :D
like a bantha!

fabricious

Sadly, I ran into a couple of problems with the Saurophaganax, that I still need to figure out somehow. I really want to finish him, but at this point, he is on hold.

Other than that: I just started watching a lot of useful tutorials (ah, so that's where my day went) and finally felt confident enough to tackle my current favorite ceratopsian, Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis. And this is where I could use your help again, guys! Maybe some of you already have one or another good top view of ceratopsian skeletons, especially Pachyrhinosaurini, since I am not quite sure as to how the silhouette would look properly from above. I will keep you updated on this model as well, of course, and I hope to maybe even figure out how to turn this into a resin kit (no promises here, since I have no clue about how that would even be possible, yet). Fingers crossed!

The reference in the background is from Scott Hartman, I am just using it to block out the overall shape of the animal before I get to add more individual characteristics to him/her.

fabricious

Ah, here you can see a bit more of the model. Should stop posting the first five steps into modeling...

fabricious

New WIP picture, I hope this model turns out nicely.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

fabricious

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

fabricious

Oh! The website is http://www.shapeways.com/ , I haven't uploaded anything yet, though.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: fabricious on September 28, 2014, 09:01:29 AM
Oh! The website is http://www.shapeways.com/ , I haven't uploaded anything yet, though.

Thank you. So i was on the right site then. :)
Walking With Monsers:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: