News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' shapeways models

Started by fabricious, June 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

You're welcome. ;)

Started detailing, might work quite a bit on it today:

Opinions most welcome~

fabricious

fabricious

The speed of working in zbrush is just amazing.

DinoLord

Looking good! Have you tried posing your 3d models at all?

fabricious

Not yet, since I ran into trouble with the Saurophaganax (I'll try to fix that at another time). I will be posing the Pachyrhinosaurus, but I haven't decided on the pose yet, so suggestions are highly appreciated.

DinoLord

Good to hear. Maybe a low threatening pose could look nice.

What scale will your models be in eventually?

fabricious

I have a small doodle next to me, of a bull having a low head posture and sort of a 'charging' pose, probably showing off his frill. Who knows, I might even make more than one. ;)

That is actually a good question. 1/72 might work well, since Pachyrhinosaurus were fairly large ceratopsians. But I would also like to make him available in 1/40, just for the sake of size. A lot to figure out before that, but it's the plan so far. (I actually would also love to turn this into a resin kit in 1/20, but I seriously doubt that I'll be able to do that any time soon).

DinoLord

Some more Shapeways 1/40 figures would be nice. If you're serious about turning your sculpts into a resin kit, maybe you could work out something with Dan's Dinosaurs? Some of the resins from his line of models seem to have originated as 3d sculpts. If you ever sculpt any 1/20 Morrison formation dinos or sauropods in general I'd probably buy them. ;)

fabricious

Dan's Dinosaurs actually got me thinking about this, since I was looking at a couple of David Krentz' sculptures and resin kits. I'll have to learn how to take apart the digital model and how to add the keys. But that's future thinking, for now I want to finish and pose this ceratopsian.

I'll have a look at the Morrison Formation for sure. ;)

fabricious

fabricious

Some more work on the scutes of the back. I imagine an animal that has its main weapon on its head, it might need a bit of a better protection on its hip.

And now for some more detailing on the feet!

fabricious

Alright, I started posing. Tedious, but actually quite fun so far. I will try to bow his head downwards some more and give him a bit of a running/prancing pose, to show off his manliness. ;)

I think the pose looks quite natural so far, any corrections?

Hynerpeton

I like it. What about a charging pose?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

fabricious

I'll try different poses, if my time allows it. It's not quite easy to pose it without squishing or pulling the polygon mesh too much. I also thought about a rearing pose, with the head pointing downwards, as if he was going to ram his head against something/someone.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: fabricious on September 29, 2014, 08:19:23 PM
I'll try different poses, if my time allows it. It's not quite easy to pose it without squishing or pulling the polygon mesh too much. I also thought about a rearing pose, with the head pointing downwards, as if he was going to ram his head against something/someone.

Like that idea too.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoLord

The pose you have already is a nice one.

fabricious

Thanks, DinoLord! I'll try to finish up the pose now and show you the finished version, then I'll have to introduce myself to shapeways...

Hynerpeton

I would love to do this. But don't have the things needed to do so. :(
Walking With Monsers:

fabricious

Alright, I'm done with posing, now I only have to fix a few areas that were affected during the process.

fabricious

I am currently putting the model up in 1/72 scale onto shapeways. Anyone interested in being a guinea pig for this? Just send me a PM~ ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: