News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

Gwangi

Quote from: loru1588 on October 21, 2014, 11:50:15 PM
Einiosaurus will not be in Series 2

Darn!  :( But they'll be one eventually right? RIGHT? Well I certainly hope so.

loru1588

Gwangi

Quote from: loru1588 on October 22, 2014, 12:06:07 AM
If we go to a 3rd series I promise!

That's what I like to hear! I can't believe someone has not tackled the genus yet. We have models for ceratopsians described just in the last couple years but nothing for poor Einiosaurus.

DinoLord

IIRC Dan has sculpted a nice Einiosaurus for The Dinosaur Studio. It would be great to see the genus in toy form though. The Terras are very competitively priced compared to most other easily purchasable lines.

Dan

There was the stunning David Krentz Einiosaurus, though he recently discontinued it. There is still the Greg Wenzel sculpt, actually.

Anyway, Series 2 is going to be amazing. Some of the species are quite unexpected.

Gwangi

Unfortunately I don't really collect the higher end models what with destructive cats and eventually children running around. Is the Greg Wenzel sculpt an actual sculpture or more like something from Shapeways? Pardon the ignorance here. Like I said, I don't know much about this end of the hobby.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on October 22, 2014, 12:35:05 AM
Unfortunately I don't really collect the higher end models what with destructive cats and eventually children running around. Is the Greg Wenzel sculpt an actual sculpture or more like something from Shapeways? Pardon the ignorance here. Like I said, I don't know much about this end of the hobby.
It's an old school sculpture from the 90's. :)

And I wonder just what the two completed series 2 models are?
I know that there is a Plateosaurus in the works,but that could be one of the ones that is just the underwire with super sculpy (that is if it's not a potential for the third series like Einiosaurus,should another series happen) ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Sim

Quote from: loru1588 on October 21, 2014, 11:50:15 PM
Einiosaurus will not be in Series 2
If what you said earlier is still correct, that means it will be Pentaceratops!  :))

Georassic

Unfortunately I don't really collect the higher end models what with destructive cats and eventually children running around.

That made me LOL, Gwangi. I SO relate... Some days I think the cat is easier to train.

Gwangi

Quote from: Georassic on October 22, 2014, 04:50:00 PM
Unfortunately I don't really collect the higher end models what with destructive cats and eventually children running around.

That made me LOL, Gwangi. I SO relate... Some days I think the cat is easier to train.

The cats are already bad enough. One cat in particular actually plays fetch and he will bring me models from my shelf to throw for him. I don't, I just yell at him, he doesn't understand. Naturally he has to rub against the shelf to and manages to knock figures off with his tail in the process. I don't need to go on, I'm sure I'm not the only member here with a cat! Lets just say that I have two formally flawless Invicta models who now have chew marks on them, there is no way I'm sinking a large some of money on a sculpture with that in mind. As for children, I don't have any yet but with children in the not so distant future I can only imagine what it will be like.

Concavenator

I think Agujaceratops,Pentaceratops and Plateosaurus are going to be in the 2nd line.Besides,I'm really hoping for a Concavenator!  ^-^ Pleasee
Did I got any,Dan?  ;D

loru1588

Patrx

postsaurischian

Plateosaurus has definitely already been unmasked ;D.
Can't wait for that one :D :D!

Georassic

The cats are already bad enough. One cat in particular actually plays fetch and he will bring me models from my shelf to throw for him. I don't, I just yell at him, he doesn't understand. Naturally he has to rub against the shelf to and manages to knock figures off with his tail in the process. I don't need to go on, I'm sure I'm not the only member here with a cat! Lets just say that I have two formally flawless Invicta models who now have chew marks on them, there is no way I'm sinking a large some of money on a sculpture with that in mind. As for children, I don't have any yet but with children in the not so distant future I can only imagine what it will be like.
[/quote]
Tip for collector parents with young children: Have a good supply of cheap dinosaur toys/figures that are the child's, ensure the child knows they're his/hers, and knows they are separate from daddy or mommy's dinosaurs, which are special and called "models." As soon as my son was old enough to grasp the difference between cheap toys and nice figures(models), about 2 1/2 years old, I started letting him handle my figures with guidance so he learned to be gentle, then gave him a couple figures of his own, a Safari and a Kaiyodo. Those get displayed on his bed shelf, but don't get played with, and he'll be the first to tell you that they are different than his other dinosaurs. "They're models, like my Dad's."  :)

As for the cats, I have the same tail/shelf problem with mine. I swear she does it only when I ignore her. Cats rule.

SBell

Quote from: Georassic on October 22, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Tip for collector parents with young children: Have a good supply of cheap dinosaur toys/figures that are the child's, ensure the child knows they're his/hers, and knows they are separate from daddy or mommy's dinosaurs, which are special and called "models." As soon as my son was old enough to grasp the difference between cheap toys and nice figures(models), about 2 1/2 years old, I started letting him handle my figures with guidance so he learned to be gentle, then gave him a couple figures of his own, a Safari and a Kaiyodo. Those get displayed on his bed shelf, but don't get played with, and he'll be the first to tell you that they are different than his other dinosaurs. "They're models, like my Dad's."  :)

As for the cats, I have the same tail/shelf problem with mine. I swear she does it only when I ignore her. Cats rule.
[/quote]

I have two kids, both of whom have never broken anything--they were raised right from the start knowing what the difference between a collectable and a toy was. They also differentiate between Bullyland (paint wears off easily) from...better paint job?  In general, they knew what they could play with, if they asked, and they know what is off limits.

And my cat once knocked down a Yowies display, but nothing broke beyond the factory pieces. My wife and mom, other other hand, have been less successful.

loru1588

When did this post become "My cat's more of a pain in the ass than your cat" post??

amanda

John

Trying to figure out what dinosaur species are coming up is difficult enough,but guessing what is actually finished and being molded right now is much harder... ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: