News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

commision sculpting, modifications, and bases

Started by brandem, August 16, 2014, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandem

Hey all, have that particular species you wish was immortalized in plastic to add to your collection?  Of course you do, we all do, that's why I'm here to offer my services.  Any species any pose and any scale (within reason you guys).  You can have it in resin or for less a one of a kind sculpt in treated clay.  Wanting to offer your concept to others? No problem, any molds created are also available to purchase. Here's just a bit of what you could have for yourself; 
something like my personal line of obscure creatures?

A custom piece like this anteosaurus, large but along the same level of detail as the obscure line.

Or a heavily detailed finger numbing model like the sinosaurus below

don't be too shy to message me, no task is too great!(again within reason I'm really just one guy)

Hynerpeton

I have an idea. But I need to wait til after vacation. Thinking of Hynerpeton. But I may change my mind. Are these water proof? Also how much? Do u do payment deal if i do more then one figure? I know lots of questions. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

brandem

I'm sending you a pm right now, and if anyone wants to ask questions about it on this thread feel free to,

Hynerpeton

Quote from: brandem on August 16, 2014, 11:33:02 PM
I'm sending you a pm right now, and if anyone wants to ask questions about it on this thread feel free to,

Hey thanks. If i don't answer right away, means i am napping.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Chad

I just wanted to chime in to say I have several of brandem's figures and I think they're great. Very much recommended. This is a great idea, too. To make this cost effective I would gladly partner up with a few of you if we can agree on an obscure animal to commission. There are so, so many interesting animals that have never been made available, that's for sure.

brandem

Thank you for the kind words Chad!

And ill give a little info on how my pricing works.  Now I wish I could say precisely how much a figure is per inch say, but it can be tricky to work out, now you can always rely on a resin figure costing sometimes as much as twice the cost of a clay statue, though you to benefit in the fact the resin is more resilient (though I wouldn't try throwing either across the room). Also more effort goes into a scaly animal vs an animal with smooth or elephantine skin, so that can change the costs some. 

But for example lets say we want a 6-7 inch figure in resin that is scaly I'd put the costs at about 70 dollars,

And of coarse if you want to pm me or on this thread suggest a species, in clay or resin, and in the scale of your choice I'd be glad to spitball a price for you thanks!

Blade-of-the-Moon

A quick question..are fantasy dinosaurs possible?

brandem

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2014, 02:50:54 AM

Great question I hadn't even thought to bring that up!

Absolutely, if you have a speculative species you're thinking of I am more than happy to take your ideas of drawing and bring it into 3d.

Also it doesn't nessessaraly need to be fantasy or hard science, if there are any fringe ideas you would like to have represented I'd be excited to try out a triassic kraken or a brachiosaurus with a truck*

SBell

Quote from: brandem on August 19, 2014, 11:10:38 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2014, 02:50:54 AM

Great question I hadn't even thought to bring that up!

Absolutely, if you have a speculative species you're thinking of I am more than happy to take your ideas of drawing and bring it into 3d.

Also it doesn't nessessaraly need to be fantasy or hard science, if there are any fringe ideas you would like to have represented I'd be excited to try out a triassic kraken or a brachiosaurus with a truck.

Driving a truck or riding in it?  ;) Cadillacs & Dinosaurs gone wrong!

brandem

*Trunk (my tablet loves to think it knows what I'm trying to say ha)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've kinda always wanted a replica of the Tyrannosaurus from Planet of the Dinosaurs..he was a GREAT villain even if the human acting was subpar it had neat stop motion dinos. :)

brandem

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2014, 02:14:16 AM
I've kinda always wanted a replica of the Tyrannosaurus from Planet of the Dinosaurs..he was a GREAT villain even if the human acting was subpar it had neat stop motion dinos. :)

That would be a great statue or figure! I have the poster right in front of my work desk, I could even base the pose on it ha.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brandem on August 20, 2014, 02:23:08 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2014, 02:14:16 AM

That would be a great statue or figure! I have the poster right in front of my work desk, I could even base the pose on it ha.

Nice! I've always wanted to get that poster..just keep putting it off..lol

I think the scene where he emerges from the cave would be great ( dinos lived in caves in the old days..lol ) I think that's when he looked the most vicious...let me check through some pics.

Blade-of-the-Moon

This one :

is pretty cool and I think would work well.

This would be the first on my list..I've also wanted Phil Tippett's Monclonius/Albertosaur from Prehistoric Beast  and a Dinamation styled Allosaurus...my favorite one as a kid. :)

brandem

Oh yeah I remember that, yep that would be a grand figure, if you're ever in the market we should get together on it, I know spare cash can be rare to come by when you have those dinos to feed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brandem on August 20, 2014, 02:52:11 AM
Oh yeah I remember that, yep that would be a grand figure, if you're ever in the market we should get together on it, I know spare cash can be rare to come by when you have those dinos to feed.

lol too true...the Apatosaurus were working on is 400.00 in right now.  She'll probably take another 1500.00 to complete and we've only received 100.00 in donations toward her so far.

Even so I might be interested..when your ready to try...I'm hoping to do well this haunt season, I'm taking over as owner of my attraction and another one. So I may have more funds in October.  You should cast this one too..as well as the Prehistoric Beast ones should we do them..they are fan favorite films and to my knowledge no more has ever made anything for them.

brandem

Oh certainly we will cast them, and I'm up for the work whenever you're interested, especially the prehistoric beast monoclonus I remember that segment as a kid from some show, the proportions on the ceratopsian seem so bizarre. What size were you thinking of for these fellows.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brandem on August 21, 2014, 12:09:38 AM
Oh certainly we will cast them, and I'm up for the work whenever you're interested, especially the prehistoric beast monoclonus I remember that segment as a kid from some show, the proportions on the ceratopsian seem so bizarre. What size were you thinking of for these fellows.

Probably from the special with Christopher Reeve..that's where I first saw them. 

Yeah it was a bit odd..lol I think it was the legs maybe ?

Not huge, so they stay affordable and I have something of a space issue ..ongoing.. lol but I want to do a dinosaur art/memorabilia museum at some point and these pieces would be great for it. Let's see..maybe say 16-17" long for the albertosaur ? That would give it a 3" head or thereabouts. The Monoclonius would be 7-8" I think? 

The Planet of the Dinosaurs Rex can be 9" tall ? Given the pose it's taller than it is longer if I'm thinking right.

brandem

Yes! The legs they reminded me of an imperial walker, except you know, with a dinosaur hanging from them,

But those sound like a great size to work with, so I am up for it, keep me in mind!

Takama

Seeing your little scale models makes me tempted to commission other species at 1:70.

I would buy what you have first before I commission anything, but I was wondering. How much would a say, a Shantungasaurus at that scale cost?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: