News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

loru1588

You know the expression "Be careful what you wish for"? Well evidently, the demand for the repainted reissue of the former MOS Boston Series has been so large that Battat is releasing some of them later this year under the Terra Series label. No changes will be made at this time. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future I will be allowed/able to make any and all changes/corrections to the pieces that need them. You wanted them, you got them!

DinoLord

Well at least they means they'll be easy to get here in the U.S. - and for our international friends there are many of us who are willing to help out.  ;)
The majority of the figures are still very accurate so the lack of retooling won't be an issue - a true testament to Mr. LoRusso and Mr. Wenzel's abilities.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Does this mean the larger models such as the diplodocus and acrocanthosaurus are not planned for a release? I hope changes are possible to the models in the future, but as DinoLord said, they're pretty accurate to start, and the models being as old as they are says a lot for the original series.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

loru1588

They may not be released in the Terra Series. They ALL will be released at some point in time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meso-Cenozoic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Will the re-issues be released in sets of 4, or all at once? Any idea yet when exactly we will first start to see them on Target shelves?

loru1588

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on April 05, 2015, 05:43:38 PM
Will the re-issues be released in sets of 4, or all at once? Any idea yet when exactly we will first start to see them on Target shelves?

No idea I'm afraid. If Battat let's me know I'll post ANY release info ASAP!!

amargasaurus cazaui

Dan have they said if they are any closer to cutting lose the Gastonia and Giganta raptor figures yet?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 06, 2015, 05:08:15 AM
Dan have they said if they are any closer to cutting lose the Gastonia and Giganta raptor figures yet?
Hopefully, it will be soon, I'm really looking forward to that amazing Gastonia :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

loru1588

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 06, 2015, 05:08:15 AM

No word whatsoever on release dates of ANY of the new Terra Series or the re-release of the repainted MOS Series. Frustrating in many ways!!

Daspletodave

Quote from: loru1588 on March 05, 2015, 02:27:18 PM
You know the expression "Be careful what you wish for"? Well evidently, the demand for the repainted reissue of the former MOS Boston Series has been so large that Battat is releasing some of them later this year under the Terra Series label. No changes will be made at this time. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future I will be allowed/able to make any and all changes/corrections to the pieces that need them. You wanted them, you got them!
I was curious to find out which of the 18 MOS dinos would fit into the existing  Battat Terra boxes. For the record, the Terra boxes for Cryolophosaurus and Dacentrurus are identical in size, while the box for Pachyrhinosaurus is just slightly wider (tho identical in height and depth). The box for Nanshiugosaurus has the most height and depth but has the least width.
Well, I tried to fit each of the 18 MOS models into those Terra boxes and they all fit, except for Diplodocus, T-Rex, Acrocanthosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and Maiasaura. So if Battat really wanted to, they could include 13 of the former MOS dinos quite easily into the Terra lineup, without changing the existing box sizes.
Of course the smaller MOS dinos like Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Pachycephalosaurus and Styracosaurus would look tiny in the existing Terra boxes, and do not meet the size requirements for the Terra line that Dan LoRusso mentioned when the line was first announced.
So realistically 9 MOS dinos are excellent candidates for the Terra line.
Could be a while before we see them in the stores, given that we are still waiting for Gigantoraptor, Gastonia, Pentaceratops, Europasaurus, Nasutoceratops, Plateosaurus, Yutyrannus, and Majungasaurus.

joossa

Interesting observation.

Quote from: Daspletodave on May 30, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
Well, I tried to fit each of the 18 MOS models into those Terra boxes and they all fit, except for Diplodocus...
I chuckled a little when I read the part above.  :))
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

pylraster

I wish the reissues will be in a much more natural color scheme. The old paintwork, as well as the ones on the Terra series, are too "loud" and toy-like. But that's just my opinion.

CityRaptor

Depends on how you see it. Mammals might be mostly dull colored, but Birds and Reptiles are often very colorful.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Alatariel

I didn't see this thread until just now, and boy was I pleasantly surprised when I came across some figures labeled 'Battat' in Target a few days ago! ;) I just wish they'd kept the old color scheme for the Carnotaurus, though, I'd been wanting to get my hands on it for a while and that was one of my favorite things about it (I'm a sucker for colorful dinos, what can I say.) I feel like the new one is way too boring. :/
Icon credit: © Davide Bonadonna

Manatee

Quote from: Alatariel on June 17, 2015, 01:52:59 PM
I didn't see this thread until just now, and boy was I pleasantly surprised when I came across some figures labeled 'Battat' in Target a few days ago! ;) I just wish they'd kept the old color scheme for the Carnotaurus, though, I'd been wanting to get my hands on it for a while and that was one of my favorite things about it (I'm a sucker for colorful dinos, what can I say.) I feel like the new one is way too boring. :/
They're out?  ;D

pylraster

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: