News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Manatee on June 20, 2015, 03:27:19 PM
They're out?  ;D
I was just at Target for JW merch and did not see any new Terras. They didn't even restock the pachys they've been out of for a while.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Alatariel on June 17, 2015, 01:52:59 PM
I didn't see this thread until just now, and boy was I pleasantly surprised when I came across some figures labeled 'Battat' in Target a few days ago! ;) I just wish they'd kept the old color scheme for the Carnotaurus, though, I'd been wanting to get my hands on it for a while and that was one of my favorite things about it (I'm a sucker for colorful dinos, what can I say.) I feel like the new one is way too boring. :/

Just to be clear, did you see the re-issued models in the store, or the four new ones that have been out for a while? (Dacentrus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Nanshiungosaurus)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on June 22, 2015, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: Alatariel on June 17, 2015, 01:52:59 PM
I didn't see this thread until just now, and boy was I pleasantly surprised when I came across some figures labeled 'Battat' in Target a few days ago! ;) I just wish they'd kept the old color scheme for the Carnotaurus, though, I'd been wanting to get my hands on it for a while and that was one of my favorite things about it (I'm a sucker for colorful dinos, what can I say.) I feel like the new one is way too boring. :/

Just to be clear, did you see the re-issued models in the store, or the four new ones that have been out for a while? (Dacentrus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Nanshiungosaurus)

I could be mistaken, but I believe in the Terra thread somebody indicated that Target only introduces new toys four times a year, and both the Wave 2 Terras and the MOS figures missed the boat for summer, so I am reasonably confident we won't see these on shelves before August or September.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Daspletodave

Battat only issues new toys twice a year- spring and fall. The Terras missed the spring date, so we have to wait until fall.

tanystropheus

I ordered both the Nanshiungosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus from Target's online store. They were nice enough to give me the Nanshiungosaurus in a giant box meant for two figures  ::). They refunded me the cost of Pachy + shipping as an e gift card.  Really annoying. I suppose, I have to reorder the Pachy...

Gwangi

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 23, 2015, 12:07:15 AM
I ordered both the Nanshiungosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus from Target's online store. They were nice enough to give me the Nanshiungosaurus in a giant box meant for two figures  ::). They refunded me the cost of Pachy + shipping as an e gift card.  Really annoying. I suppose, I have to reorder the Pachy...

That's like when I bought the recent Carnegie Carnotaurus off of Amazon, only to end up with the abysmal 1996 version. I was almost in tears! Needless to say I rectified the problem.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 23, 2015, 12:58:54 AM

That's like when I bought the recent Carnegie Carnotaurus off of Amazon, only to end up with the abysmal 1996 version. I was almost in tears! Needless to say I rectified the problem.

I thought I had it bad. At least, I had one of my orders to look forward to. I would have been quite disturbed if I got the 1996 version  ;D

docronnie

Patiently waiting here as well, specially for the re-issues.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

amargasaurus cazaui

Havent seen Dan post in a bit, I hope he is doing alright and still hanging tough
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sim

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 23, 2015, 08:06:02 AM
Havent seen Dan post in a bit, I hope he is doing alright and still hanging tough
Yes, I hope he's doing alright too.

That reminds me of when I bought the WS Acrocanthosaurus and was sent the terrible Carnegie one instead!  Needless to say I too rectified the problem.

Blade-of-the-Moon

He hasn't posted on FB since May 24th. Here's hoping it's just been a rough/ busy month for him.

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Sim on June 23, 2015, 11:01:47 AM

That reminds me of when I bought the WS Acrocanthosaurus and was sent the terrible Carnegie one instead!  Needless to say I too rectified the problem.

That reminds me of when I bought the Safari Dimetrodon and was sent the incredible Carnegie Diplodocus instead! Needless to say I did not rectify the problem! :o

Halichoeres

Quote from: Daspletodave on June 22, 2015, 11:13:11 PM
Battat only issues new toys twice a year- spring and fall. The Terras missed the spring date, so we have to wait until fall.
Thanks for clearing that up! :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Daspletodave on May 30, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
... Well, I tried to fit each of the 18 MOS models into those Terra boxes... Of course the smaller MOS dinos like Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Pachycephalosaurus and Styracosaurus would look tiny in the existing Terra boxes, and do not meet the size requirements for the Terra line that Dan LoRusso mentioned when the line was first announced. ...

If this ends up being a sticking point for Battat, perhaps they could release these four smaller species in pairs, with 2 per box. Either two different species per box, or two of the same species per box, maybe with subtle color differences to indicate male and female. Fittingly, each of these species has traditionally been portrayed as living in at least small groups.

Roselaar

A JPtoys member says he has found the newly repainted Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus at Target today. Check your stores everybody! :)

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Roselaar on July 06, 2015, 12:56:52 PM
A JPtoys member says he has found the newly repainted Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus at Target today. Check your stores everybody! :)

Noooo! Not while I'm out of the country! Seriously, awesome news.

Halichoeres

Curses, I was in Target yesterday and almost went to check, then said, "nahhhh."

terrorchicken

I have the original set except for the diplodocus. These were my favorite models for a long time, but anyone know why the heck they gave the stego 8 tail spikes?  ???
I have the newer cryolopho and dacentrurus but I dont now if Ill get the therizino and I prefer the safari pachy.

Takama

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 06, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
I have the original set except for the diplodocus. These were my favorite models for a long time, but anyone know why the heck they gave the stego 8 tail spikes?  ???
I have the newer cryolopho and dacentrurus but I dont now if Ill get the therizino and I prefer the safari pachy.

At the time the model was first made, the species of Stegosaurus that it was based on was thought to have had 8 spikes. Now a days, it is no longer accepted, so the model is a relic of a time when Scientists thought differently.

Takama

Im going to a Town with a Target Tomorrow. I will see if If they have them or not.   

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: