News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 26, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
Yeah the Nashi was the only one I saw on clearance yesterday and it was 3.98?

I just got off the phone with my Target and apparently they are still in the back but they don't know where.  The lady on the phone said they are called a transitional item. They are getting ready to do a reset of the toy department and they are part of it, so they are not in the back filed in the normal place so as they can get them. They have to be moved to that area of the back first. I was told to try Wed and I will update then.
What you are saying makes a good deal of sense actually Blade..they are what would be called a feature, and are kept seperate from the normal freight. When they reset that module, they bring out the features, build the mod and voila....thats how alot of stores i.e Wal Mart operate....reading between the lines what you were told
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 26, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
I just got off the phone with my Target and apparently they are still in the back but they don't know where.  The lady on the phone said they are called a transitional item. They are getting ready to do a reset of the toy department and they are part of it, so they are not in the back filed in the normal place so as they can get them. They have to be moved to that area of the back first. I was told to try Wed and I will update then.

I got similar information from one of the Targets around here - although in my case, I was advised to check again in a couple of weeks. Alas! I shall have to be patient  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

That makes sense. She was trying to come up with the best explanation for me and settled on what I quoted..lol

I've heard on JPToys this reset will be August 2nd.. so this week or next should be good.

Simon

They are starting to show up here in Nor Cal.  Nothing right near me, but the stores in the general area had none a week ago and now maybe 70% of them have some in stock.  Be patient folks - looks like they are starting to show up nationwide...

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Simon on July 27, 2015, 01:02:25 AM
They are starting to show up here in Nor Cal.  Nothing right near me, but the stores in the general area had none a week ago and now maybe 70% of them have some in stock.  Be patient folks - looks like they are starting to show up nationwide...
None have appeared near me here in Kansas yet, but I keep sending Dorothy and Toto out to look....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Agreed, patience is key. Less than a year ago we didn't even know Battat would be making dinosaurs, new models or old. It wasn't long ago when I figured I would never own something like the Battat T. rex or Diplodocus, at least not for an affordable price. But now we're literally DAYS away from being able to own the classic Battat molds...for $7.99 or $14.99 apiece, and they're being sold across the United States in a store anyone can access. I've been feeling a little impatient myself, but keeping this all in mind certainly helps. These models are no longer rare, we'll all be able to get them soon enough!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on July 27, 2015, 02:50:56 AM

Agreed, patience is key. Less than a year ago we didn't even know Battat would be making dinosaurs, new models or old. It wasn't long ago when I figured I would never own something like the Battat T. rex or Diplodocus, at least not for an affordable price. But now we're literally DAYS away from being able to own the classic Battat molds...for $7.99 or $14.99 apiece, and they're being sold across the United States in a store anyone can access. I've been feeling a little impatient myself, but keeping this all in mind certainly helps. These models are no longer rare, we'll all be able to get them soon enough!
Agree Gwangi, just seems Surreal in many ways....I am really wanting to get the new ones as they come so I dont get behind....

suspsy

I just wish that Target hadn't completely and permanently botched their Canadian venture. I'll be honest, I wasn't interested in any of the four new Terra sculpts, but some of these reissues look really great. And then there's all the brand new sculpts that Dan crafted. Sigh.

And yes, I have no doubt there's plenty of folk here on the forums who would be happy to send me stuff if I asked (and that may come to be so), but still. Would've been easier if Target had stuck around.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Don B.

Quote from: Paleona on July 23, 2015, 11:00:35 PM
According to Dan LoRusso's website (http://www.dinosaurstudio.com/museum.htm), Gregory Wenzel sculpted the Acrocanthosaurus model that was just re-released, so I don't see why the rest of the collection wouldn't be in the Terra series.  ???  Though if that's the case, it is kind of odd that it still says it's the "Dan LoRusso Collection"... xD

I would guess that it is part of the Dan LoRusso Collection because Dan did the repaint on it. Just a guess.

DinoLord

I tried the DCPI for the $10 set today but had no luck. Whenever I give the UPC or DCPI to an employee to check, their device always registers them as being already on the shelves of the Terra endcap even though this is not the case. My guess is that this is a similar situation to the first Terras, where some managed to trickle into stores before they were widely available nationwide.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: DinoLord on July 27, 2015, 08:23:08 PM
I tried the DCPI for the $10 set today but had no luck. Whenever I give the UPC or DCPI to an employee to check, their device always registers them as being already on the shelves of the Terra endcap even though this is not the case. My guess is that this is a similar situation to the first Terras, where some managed to trickle into stores before they were widely available nationwide.

Same here. I spoke with a very helpful saleswoman who reiterated everything that's already been said here about the upcoming endcap reset. She recommended coming back when the reset is scheduled to be done on Sunday. It's like Christmas in August!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Blade-of-the-Moon

I noticed checking the DCPI today the name changed to this " MASTER Large Dinosaur Assortment ". interesting.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I finally get my Carnotaurus, so I think I can go offline for a while, and then I see the Acrocanthosaurus?!?! I guess I'm just gonna have to keep watching this space like a hawk!

Quote from: paleokiara on July 23, 2015, 08:56:09 PM

Blade-of-the-Moon

The odd thing is I haven't found any for 13.99..the DCPI only brings up 9.99 ones.. :?

Simon

I went to 3 Targets tonight that the search engine showed had received this dpi# - and you guessed it - none were out on the shelves, just a few of the first wave "fire sale" models.  Looks like they're gonna keep 'em in boxes in the back for awhile longer.  They can't set up the new stuff till the old is sold out, they said ... *sigh*

Blade-of-the-Moon

They wouldn't even pull them from the back for you? I meant to call mine today like I was told but just didn't have time.

Gwangi

If the receiving area at Target is anything like the retail stores I've worked than pulling them from the back is not an easy task. They could very well be in unlabeled boxes, stacked on pallets and stacked high up on a shelving unit that would require a forklift to access. Think of the end scene of "Raiders of the Lost Arc" and you get an idea of what these room "in back" are like.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Gwangi on July 30, 2015, 10:53:32 AM
If the receiving area at Target is anything like the retail stores I've worked than pulling them from the back is not an easy task. They could very well be in unlabeled boxes, stacked on pallets and stacked high up on a shelving unit that would require a forklift to access. Think of the end scene of "Raiders of the Lost Arc" and you get an idea of what these room "in back" are like.

This is very likely true. It's also probable that employees won't pull stuff out of the stockroom this week in particular since the toy section is being rearranged this weekend according to the Fall 2015 store plans and they want to make sure that product is available when the reset debuts.

Strangely, the only older figure that's marked down in my nearest target is the Nanshiungosaurus. I picked up the last one to try my hand at customizing it.

Sim

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on July 30, 2015, 05:08:33 PM
Strangely, the only older figure that's marked down in my nearest target is the Nanshiungosaurus. I picked up the last one to try my hand at customizing it.
I hope you'll share photos of your customised Nanshiungosaurus! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Totally get that reference! lol My mom, when she worked at Kmart, used to be their only licensed forklift driver so we spent a lot of time in the back prowling around as kids.

I haven't been in the back of a Target before, but Target employees have often told me they would go in the back and look for something for me though when I give them the DCPI. So far it's not been an issue, normally they offer to go look without me asking.  I've managed to get my Jada RC JP Jeep that way and the JW Strike and Stomp Rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: