News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 22, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
Well, I checked my two nearest Targets today and yesterday, with no luck. I was told today that apparently, dpc codes are more effective when searching for specific items, whereas upc codes apparently bring up more generic results regarding the line. *shrug*

The DPCI codes for all of the figures is the same: 087-06-1194 unless that is just the number of the dacentrurus used as a placeholder.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EmperorDinobot

Well, all four of my nearest Targets have tons of the Nanshiungosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and the other two at full price.

One Target is clearing just Nanshiungosaurus at 5.58.

I'm kinda disappointed because I wanted to just buy them at all 3/piece for X-mas charities or customizers who wanna soup them up.

Paleona

The Cryolophosaurus and Dacentrurus are on sale for $5.99 on the target website- but of course that means you have to pay shipping, too.  Seems like Target is doing the Amazon "spend $25 or more and get free shipping" deal, though, in case you needed to buy a few other things.

Does anyone know if we can expect another wave of these in the next couple months?  I'm eagerly awaiting the Parasaurolophus. <3  The other hadrosaurs and Acrocanthosaurus look great, as well!  The only thing that bothers me about these re-releases are some of the paint jobs- I wish they had given them all matte paints instead of glossy for the majority of them.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Paleona on July 23, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

Does anyone know if we can expect another wave of these in the next couple months?  I'm eagerly awaiting the Parasaurolophus. <3  The other hadrosaurs and Acrocanthosaurus look great, as well!  The only thing that bothers me about these re-releases are some of the paint jobs- I wish they had given them all matte paints instead of glossy for the majority of them.

I am guessing, but I can't be completely sure, that the re-releases are being done in alphabetical order. It started with Amargasaurus Acrocanthosaurus and then went to the two which went alphabetically after that. It seems that the acrocanthosaurus was skipped, probably due to it's size not allowing it to fit into a standard Terra box.
I'm guessing:
Wave 2: Dilophosaurus, Edmontonia, Euoplocephalus Gallimimus
Wave 3: Maiasaura, Ouranosaurus Pachycephalosaurus Parasaurolophus
Wave 4: Stegosaurus Styracosaurus Triceratops Tyrannosaurus (Utahraptor?)

Assuming they are released in fours and the small models are included and sold individually. 

EDIT: It looks like the acro was released so I threw the rex in my predictions seeing as they're about the same size.
Save Dinoland USA!

Fembrogon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2015, 12:02:00 AM
The DPCI codes for all of the figures is the same: 087-06-1194 unless that is just the number of the dacentrurus used as a placeholder.
I guess I need to go back and clarify the information there.

Paleona

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2015, 02:46:25 PM
I am guessing, but I can't be completely sure, that the re-releases are being done in alphabetical order.

Good observation.  If that's true, looks like I've got quite a wait for the ones I'm anticipating the most. >_<

paleokiara

My local Target had 4 "new" repaints, Ceratosaurus, Amargasaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, and Carnotaurus.  Same dpci as the others.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The news of the acro is making me much more eager to find these pieces! Is it supposed to be leaning forward like that?
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2015, 09:05:38 PM
The news of the acro is making me much more eager to find these pieces! Is it supposed to be leaning forward like that?
Pachyrhinosaurus, this seems to vindicate your basic hypothesis. I wonder if Acro is slightly too long to fit standing up in the Terra box?

Also, we haven't seen repaints yet (or have we?) of Gallimimus and Utahraptor. I wonder if they'll be skipped.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tyrannosauron

Interesting that the Acro seems to be part of a "large dinosaur ast." I can't make out the DCPI from the picture, but that should make it easier to locate the larger releases as distinct from the smaller ones.

I wonder if the "large" assortment also includes the Diplo. $14 would be an insane bargain. (I kind of doubt it, though.)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 23, 2015, 09:08:59 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2015, 09:05:38 PM
Pachyrhinosaurus, this seems to vindicate your basic hypothesis. I wonder if Acro is slightly too long to fit standing up in the Terra box?

The box looks larger than the regular ones. I think Dan said that the larger models will not be released in the Terra line which is what led me to that assumption but it looks like that has changed. It may mean that the dippy could be next if they allow for larger pieces.
Save Dinoland USA!

Paleona

Ooh, thanks for posting a pic of the Acrocanthosaurus!  Now I really need to check out my local Target!  :D

paleokiara

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on July 23, 2015, 09:16:10 PM
Interesting that the Acro seems to be part of a "large dinosaur ast." I can't make out the DCPI from the picture, but that should make it easier to locate the larger releases as distinct from the smaller ones.

I wonder if the "large" assortment also includes the Diplo. $14 would be an insane bargain. (I kind of doubt it, though.)

My husband was the one at the Target, which is why I was sent the pictures.  According to him they also had the T.Rex...but he didn't take a picture because he knew I had the old one.  The large assortment dpci is 087-06-4074

Simon

Still no sign of the new releases in my corner of NorCal.  Frustrating.  Of course the Target website only has the original 4 releases showing, and nothing comes up for that dcpi# in Google or on the Target website ...

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: paleokiara on July 23, 2015, 09:28:33 PM
My husband was the one at the Target, which is why I was sent the pictures.  According to him they also had the T.Rex...but he didn't take a picture because he knew I had the old one.  The large assortment dpci is 087-06-4074

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Doesn't look like they're in stock anywhere in OR, but it's only a matter of time.

Gwangi

According to another thread (the JW Hasbro) Target is undergoing a reset in their toy department on August 2nd. I'm willing to bet they'll be out in most stores at that time.

Sim

This is really exciting!  Thanks for the info and photos (especially of the Acrocanthosaurus) paleokiara!

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 23, 2015, 09:08:59 PM
Also, we haven't seen repaints yet (or have we?) of Gallimimus and Utahraptor.
You're right, we haven't seen the repaints of those two yet.

Daspletodave

The way things are going it almost looks like they (Target) will be releasing ALL the repainted MOS series this year! With the T-Rex and Acro now available, that makes 5 so it seems they are not sticking to the 4 at-a-time release schedule. I'm sure that come fall all the Targets will be adequately stocked with all the new repaints.
This is exciting news!!!
The only downside seems to be that the NEW models Dan sculpted (like the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor) seem to be getting lost in the shuffle.

Takama

Well i been to the Target that had one of each, and when i arrived, there were NONE.     I asked someone to see if they were in the back, but they simply said no.

I do not think we can expect the whole collection to be part of the terra line, just the ones Sculpted by Dan Lorusso (Remember, the line is called "The Dan LoRusso Collection") and some were sculpted by his friend Greg Wentzal

Now i am eager to get that Acro,

Paleona

According to Dan LoRusso's website (http://www.dinosaurstudio.com/museum.htm), Gregory Wenzel sculpted the Acrocanthosaurus model that was just re-released, so I don't see why the rest of the collection wouldn't be in the Terra series.  ???  Though if that's the case, it is kind of odd that it still says it's the "Dan LoRusso Collection"... xD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: