You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleona

From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I kind of like the 8-spiked Stego.  I can see it encouraging imaginative play for kids- why does it have more spikes than my other Stegosaurus toys?  Maybe he's special, the leader of his herd. :) 

Of course, that won't satisfy collectors who value accuracy first, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just an idea.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleona on July 31, 2015, 05:18:37 PM
From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I kind of like the 8-spiked Stego.  I can see it encouraging imaginative play for kids- why does it have more spikes than my other Stegosaurus toys?  Maybe he's special, the leader of his herd. :) 

Of course, that won't satisfy collectors who value accuracy first, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just an idea.

Way to make lemonade  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

wow I really like some of these new paint jobs...I already own most of the originals though...that parasaurolophus is so nice.  And would be nice to have a T-rex that actually stands.
they really need to expand their fantasy line...

Kayakasaurus

I wish they weren't such a high gloss. The Terra figures are pretty low quality,in sculpt and paint. their Dinosaurs however are the exception! I like the paint jobs on the Acrocanthosaurus as well as the Carnotaurus, the other paint jobs are just ok. Neat figures overall, can't wait to see them in stores!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Tyrannosauron

Hmm...I wonder if we might find the Stego, Euoplo, and Para when the already-discovered re-releases go on display next week.

Not to get too greedy or anything, but I'm disappointed that the site doesn't mention the Gigantiraptor or Gastonia. But if it's true that Battat only releases product twice a year, and if we still have those, plus the other new figures that Dan has mentioned in addition to the rest of the re-releases, then that could mean that we'll have new-ish Battats on the shelves for a few years to come.

Quen

I was able to get the Tyrannosaurus by asking if they were in the back. The Acrocanthosaurus was available, too, but I just got the T-rex. I can post pictures later if anyone wants them.

Takama

I was going over some of the new PRoduct pages for the new Terra Dinosaurs and i Came acros a BIG MISTAKE in the information

http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs/euoplocephalus

IT says Euoplocephlaus was a part of Hadrosardae.   Um i thought it was Thyreophora.

suspsy

Quote from: Quendrega on July 31, 2015, 06:49:14 PM
I was able to get the Tyrannosaurus by asking if they were in the back. The Acrocanthosaurus was available, too, but I just got the T-rex. I can post pictures later if anyone wants them.

Please do. Comparison photos with any other T. rex toys you might have would be neat.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Patrx

Quote from: Takama on July 31, 2015, 07:13:29 PM
I was going over some of the new PRoduct pages for the new Terra Dinosaurs and i Came acros a BIG MISTAKE in the information
http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs/euoplocephalus
IT says Euoplocephlaus was a part of Hadrosardae.   Um i thought it was Thyreophora.

Indeed it is, good catch. There are a few other little issues here and there, but (as much as I like Safari) at least the info on these is more comprehensive than the little tags Safari uses.

Shuvuuia

For those of you in the Boston area, the City Target on Boylston Street had one Carnotaurus, one Amargosaurus, three Acrocanthosaurus, and two (now one) Tyrannosaurus.

I took a picture but I'm on my phone now. Can post later :)

Daspletodave

WOW! 8 MOS series now in the Terra line.
The Acro looks badly warped- not good.
Stego is unchanged - I think this pretty much guarantees that the Gallimimus and Utahraptor will NOT have feathers, they'll be left as is (when and if they are re-released)

Sim

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 31, 2015, 09:34:15 PM
The Acro looks badly warped- not good.
It looks like it's been positioned resting on its right forelimb.  Hopefully if its tilted back a little it will be able to stand on just its feet.  Looking at the image below it looks like that forelimb is fastened to its box too.

Just wanted to comment on this quickly, I'll post my other thoughts in a bit!

Takama

Well that Website that Blade Gave us to check the inventory of the dinosaurs is useless to me.

It said that the Large Dino were in, i go in and check, they had none.

Before you ask, yes i asked someone to go in the back, and no they were not withholding them until tomorrow. They did not have them period. They said what was on the shelf was what they got, and all they got was The original 4 from last year

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 31, 2015, 10:54:15 PM
Well that Website that Blade Gave us to check the inventory of the dinosaurs is useless to me.

It said that the Large Dino were in, i go in and check, they had none.

Before you ask, yes i asked someone to go in the back, and no they were not withholding them until tomorrow. They did not have them period. They said what was on the shelf was what they got, and all they got was The original 4 from last year

I think your being a bit dramatic bud, the website works fine for me, I have used it several times for the JW dinos and it was right on the money. Maybe the DPCI was incorrect.

Can someone post a DCPI for each of the new ones ( if they have individual codes?)

Takama

It just irks me that my target gets all the good stuff last ::)

Sorry if i came off as angry, thats not what i was intending

Quen

According to the Target employee who looked in the back for me, the Tyrannosaurus and the Acrocanthosaurus have the exact same DCPI number, which is the number that was already posted in this thread: 087-06-4074.

Shuvuuia

Having just bought the T. rex today, I can confirm that the DPCI for it is 087064074. For anyone who didn't already know this, the Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus are $13.99.

Unrelated to that, the T. rex cannot stand on its own :/ I hope that is specific to my particular rex and not to all of them. Paint was incredibly sloppy on the one Amargosaurus on display when I went, which was why I didn't end up buying it. My rex also has a "lazy eye", with one pupil facing forwards and one downwards. The Acrocanthosaurus has be reposed so that it is either leaning on one hand or reaching closer to the ground with one hand, and the rex now has its tail bent at a nearly 90 degree angle.

Quen

Quote from: Shuvuuia on July 31, 2015, 11:24:41 PM
Having just bought the T. rex today, I can confirm that the DPCI for it is 087064074. For anyone who didn't already know this, the Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus are $13.99.

Unrelated to that, the T. rex cannot stand on its own :/ I hope that is specific to my particular rex and not to all of them.

My Tyrannosaurus was $9.99. I haven't taken it out of the box, yet, because I had to leave it in my hot car for a while, and I wanted it to cool down so that it wouldn't warp under it's own weight while it was still malleable. But when I do, I will report if it can stand.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shuvuuia on July 31, 2015, 11:24:41 PM

Unrelated to that, the T. rex cannot stand on its own :/ I hope that is specific to my particular rex and not to all of them. Paint was incredibly sloppy on the one Amargosaurus on display when I went, which was why I didn't end up buying it. My rex also has a "lazy eye", with one pupil facing forwards and one downwards. The Acrocanthosaurus has be reposed so that it is either leaning on one hand or reaching closer to the ground with one hand, and the rex now has its tail bent at a nearly 90 degree angle.

That's all disappointing news. I'm not surprised though, especially about the sloppy paint application. Even the production pictures we saw had me a bit alarmed. That said, some of the originals didn't have the best paint application either. All well, I'll get them anyway because I don't have the originals and they're still terrific sculpts. I'll know on Sunday if my Target has them or not, according to brickseek.com, they at least have the acro and T. rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: