News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:o ;D GREAT!!

Please, we want a classic T. rex / Triceratops combat shot :D!

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 09, 2012, 02:42:14 PM
:o ;D GREAT!!

Please, we want a classic T. rex / Triceratops combat shot :D !
Hehe, thanks, Helge - your wish is my command... ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Simon

Oh man, Brontodocus - you are really enjoying yourself aren't you?  Yup, finally getting your hands on that Battat collection must be THE highlight of your collecting career.  That Battat Triceratops and TRex are STILL by far the best anyone has made!

brontodocus

Hehe, thanks, Simon! :D The next one is a little weird... I mean, we know bipedal theropod figures that fall over, and those that lean on their tail tip - but a quadrupedal that doesn't stand stable on all fours is really odd... :o Anyway, here it is... ;D

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Diplodocus longus. Constantly falls to one side. >:( What were they thinking? ??? ;D

...no, wait, now I've got it... ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

DinoFan45

The Dippy and Rex look amazing. I can now understand why they are so coveted.
"Life will find a way."

brontodocus

Yes, I was also amazed by how crisp the surface textures are. The paint jobs on some are quite sloppy (especially the Ceratosaurus), but that's nothing that really bothers me since I'm more pleased by the sculpts than annoyed by one or the other figure's paint schemes. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on May 11, 2012, 12:00:17 PM
....... I'm more pleased by the sculpts than annoyed by one or the other figure's paint schemes. :)

You got it :).

amargasaurus cazaui

In your banner, are those all models and replicas you own? If so, is there a way to get a better look at the Psittacosaur in the images? Thanks
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

brontodocus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 05, 2012, 08:13:59 AM
In your banner, are those all models and replicas you own? If so, is there a way to get a better look at the Psittacosaur in the images? Thanks
Hi, sorry for being late... :-[
Yes, the photos in my banner are all mini versions of photos from my collection, most (if not all) were allready posted here (or in the original thread on DTF v.1). The Psittacosaurus is of course the Shapeways model by Battle_Brak. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: brontodocus on June 06, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 05, 2012, 08:13:59 AM
Hi, sorry for being late... :-[
Yes, the photos in my banner are all mini versions of photos from my collection, most (if not all) were allready posted here (or in the original thread on DTF v.1). The Psittacosaurus is of course the Shapeways model by Battle_Brak. :)

It must have been prior to this thread cause i dont see the little guy. Any chance to see him again?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Idiot alert , ignore that last. It was just slow loading for me , sorry. Thanks for sharing it for me again.

brontodocus

Finally my Kaiyodo "Dinotales Collection 1:20" (I still don't get over it why they didn't simply call it Dinoland again) Tyrannosaurus and Allosaurus arrived yesterday! :D Both are the brown version:

The rather stiff-legged Tyrannosaurus. A whopping 323 mm high! Skull and teeth have been significantly remodelled, apparently.

...and the slightly smaller Allosaurus. Quite stiff-legged as well but I love the head! :)

postsaurischian

:)  The Allosaurus is such an awesome classic model, no matter which paint scheme!

Now you have to get the other two colour variations in order to keep your "Dinotales" collection complete ;D.
(You're right! How could they call it Dinotales?)

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 06, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
:)  The Allosaurus is such an awesome classic model, no matter which paint scheme!

Now you have to get the other two colour variations in order to keep your "Dinotales" collection complete ;D .
(You're right! How could they call it Dinotales?)
Urgh, I have the feeling it might get difficult to get the green Allosaurus - HLJ has already listed it as "discontinued" :o :'(

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on July 09, 2012, 06:37:45 PM
Urgh, I have the feeling it might get difficult to get the green Allosaurus - HLJ has already listed it as "discontinued" :o :'(

:o  You're right, it's already gone. Also the brown T. rex.
But to be honest, I was hoping for a limited edition of these Dinoland re-issues :-[ ;D.

Seijun

I am trying very hard to decide if I should get the brown trex or the green one. Are there any pics of the green version yet, other than stock photos?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brontodocus

Not that I'm aware of, alas. :-\ It was a difficult decision for me, too, but I somehow regret not having bought both versions.

brontodocus

Safari Ltd. / The Carnegie Collection Brachiosaurus - one of the few representations of Brachiosaurus altithorax. :)

And one of the few occasions where I agree with the given scale of 1:50.

And somehow I always forgot to get me this one (until now): Safari Ltd. / The Carnegie Collection Triceratops:

EDIT: D'oh, I forgot to terrorize you with the Papo Tylosaurus (be it monstrous or not, I like it ;D ):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: