News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Such a huge wingspan. Ah, now I want to buy one and suspend it from the ceiling, like I used to do with model aeroplanes...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

brontodocus

Thanks, sauroid & Marc! :) Still it's only half as large as the Schreiber-Bogen cardboard model Pteranodon further up in the very first post of this thread. That one is in scale with Barbie! ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoFan45

Dude, Awesome collection. The geostemburgia looks neat.
"Life will find a way."

robustus_

Oh my god, that ceratopsians skull/skeleton set is incredible... I think I truly need it.

ZoPteryx

brontodocus

Thanks, DinoFan45, RobbieSKatz & Zopteryx! :) The Gakken Mook Triceratops skeleton with the other ceratopsian skulls is unfortunately discontinued. :-\ It was available hat hlj.com (I've posted links here) but I guess the chances to come across these again are slim. Good luck hunting for it, though! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

alright if we could have a size comparison of theat geostemburgia with some other figure? (for research)

brontodocus

I could do that. :) I'm thinking of a comparison shot together with other pterosaur figures. My human scale figures would probably not be the best choice - Hans is far too small to give a good comparison and my 1:13/1:14 Del Mundo "South American Father" would be in scale with the Favorite Pteranodon but it's a virtually unknown figure. So I guess I'll go for a pterosaur comparison shot. :)

brontodocus

Aaaah! :o Sorry, I forgot about the comparison shot of the large Favorite vinyl Pteranodon/Geosternbergia with some other pterosaur figures... :-[ But here we go... :)

Oh, and what inevitably comes next is of course this... >:D

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Utahraptor ostrommaysi. :D Now that's a pair of sickle claws!

DinoFan45

The Geostembergia is pretty big. The Battat Utharaptor looks great, and kinda want one now.
"Life will find a way."

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

brontodocus

Thanks ITewan & DinoFan45! :)

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Stegosaurus armatus. The figure shows the outdated reconstruction of the thagomizer with four pairs of spikes.

brontodocus

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Ceratosaurus nasicornis. I like its gnarly look. If only the colouration was less sloppy. They tried to paint the teeth white but completely missed... ???

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on May 05, 2012, 11:07:24 AM
Battat / Museum of Science Boston Stegosaurus armatus. The figure shows the outdated reconstruction of the thagomizer with four pairs of spikes.
...And disappointingly undersized plates. I think it might have looked so much better despite the odd thagomizer if that at least had been achieved better. I think the resin Kaiyodo Dinoland Stegosaurus had an incorrect thagomizer (and strange extra shoulder spikes) too, but it still looks gorgeous.

Your lovely pterosaur comparison picture reminds me I have woefully few pterosaurs in my collection. This must be remedied...

brontodocus

Yes, the plates are quite small even for Stegosaurus armatus. It's probably the weakest of the Battats. :-\

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Gallimimus bullatus. A truly elegant sculpt. :)

brontodocus

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Maiasaura peeblesorum.

DinoFan45

You're making me drool just looking at them. Why they stopped the line just is completely beyond me.
"Life will find a way."

brontodocus

And beyond me, too. :-\ Of course there are other members here who probably know the reasons more exactly I assume they just didn't sell good enough. No matter how good they are, how well-researched and excellently sculpted, a toy company cannot target on collectors alone. :'(

Anyway, you knew I'm going to post them all, so here's the next one... ;D

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Euoplocephalus tutus.

stoneage

:)  Nice pictures, I like them alot!

brontodocus

Thanks, stoneage! :) I'm still quite overwhelmed by the Battats.

Battat / Museum of Science Boston Amargasaurus cazaui.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: