News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryolophosauro

Well, I do believe safari has some good models this year.

The Velociraptor suffers from the problems already stated. So I won't say anything more, except that I will probably pick one up.

The Sauropelta really surprised me, and I am super thrilled safari is releasing one, this is a must have for me.

The Yutyrannus is a very nice sculpt, I can't complain. I will probably pick one up.(he also reminds me of the Tyrannosaurs from March of the Dinosaurs.).

The Nasutoceratops is a great looking model, and is a must have for me as well. It goes unsaid how pleased I am with this model.

The Archeaopteryx is a decent model and I would be happy to add it to my collection.

Arrancon

All these figures look great! My favorites are Sauropelta and the Nasutaceratops, but I'm strangely attracted to this Desert Dragon scorpion thing:

Daspletodave

I'll be getting all the Carnegie/Safari dinos. I can see a healthy competition starting between Carnegie/Safari and Battat.
As for the "uninspired poses" I think people are getting a bit jaded. When there have been hundreds of plastic dinosaurs released over the past 20 or 30 years of course the poses are going to get a bit repetitive. There are only a limited number of ways that you can pose a two-legged or four-legged beast..
If you don't like 'em then don't buy 'em. Go make your own.
>:D

Hynerpeton

I like the desert dragon! :D where do you find these pics?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tanystropheus

Quote from: RolandEden on September 20, 2014, 02:31:59 AM
Why they are still releasing dinosaur babies? I think we had enought.

I think Papo has the dino babies market cornered (they will probably release a Stego or Brachio baby at some point). All other attempts at babies look silly...

Edit. There is one notable exception:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/a1/40/20/a14020683d8572a2e489c8666bd2b8c0.jpg

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 19, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 19, 2014, 07:51:25 PM
Did they announce any Toobs or bird figures?

I sure hope we'll be getting a new prehistoric toob, it's been a while since we last had one.

Where is the imminent Pterosaur toob....(or the compy toob)?  The fact that they are not releasing any pterosaurs this year might be an indication of a toob in the near future.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

John

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 20, 2014, 05:19:37 PM
I can see a healthy competition starting between Carnegie/Safari and Battat.
Yes,that would be the best thing to happen.I would love to see Battat and Safari Ltd. forced into bringing out their best in response to competition from each other. :)
Maybe we could be like Daffy Duck and instigate both sides! "Hey Safari Ltd./Battat,the other guy is leaving you in the dust!And they say you suck!Are you just going to take that lying down?!?Answer the other guy's challenge!!!"   ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 20, 2014, 08:55:28 PM

I sure hope we'll be getting a new prehistoric toob, it's been a while since we last had one.

Where is the imminent Pterosaur toob....(or the compy toob)?  The fact that they are not releasing any pterosaurs this year might be an indication of a toob in the near future.

Why is a pterosaur toob imminent? Did they actually say one was coming, or is this more of a hopeful-thinking thing? I really can't see an entire toob of compys ever coming out--they'd be more likely to do a high-demand dino like Triceratops or T.rex

EDIT--

Sadly, it appears I was right. Except there do not appear to be any prehistoric toobs. Again.

So while they are doing some interesting sharks and dinos and such, this may be the worst lot of toobs (for animals) in several years.

I personally blame everyone that has't bought a prehistoric animal toob in the last couple years  ;D

Hermes888

Quote from: SBell on September 21, 2014, 12:04:19 AM

Why is a pterosaur toob imminent? Did they actually say one was coming, or is this more of a hopeful-thinking thing? I really can't see an entire toob of compys ever coming out--they'd be more likely to do a high-demand dino like Triceratops or T.rex

EDIT--

Sadly, it appears I was right. Except there do not appear to be any prehistoric toobs. Again.

So while they are doing some interesting sharks and dinos and such, this may be the worst lot of toobs (for animals) in several years.

I personally blame everyone that has't bought a prehistoric animal toob in the last couple years  ;D
I find the family toob kind of unsettling. Something about the uniform coloring just makes them seem creepy.

tanystropheus

EDIT--

A Pterosaur Toob seems like the next logical choice, unless Safari Ltd. does something off the wall like ...err...Prehistoric Pond Terrapin Toob. A Compy Toob is just wishful thinking for us JP fans.

I've been meaning to pickup the Prehistoric Sea Life Toob for the longest time...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 21, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

EDIT--

I find the family toob kind of unsettling. Something about the uniform coloring just makes them seem creepy.

Yes, it is is somewhat unsettling. The reason being Safari Ltd's use of the term 'Designer'. In essence, perfect humans or farmed humans (e.g. Matrix-style).

And, the image of human organs presented below doesn't exactly remedy the situation.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 21, 2014, 01:09:35 AM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 21, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

EDIT--

Yes, it is is somewhat unsettling. The reason being Safari Ltd's use of the term 'Designer'. In essence, perfect humans or farmed humans (e.g. Matrix-style).

And, the image of human organs presented below doesn't exactly remedy the situation.

There's just something so off about that set. Maybe it's the overall uniformity of race? Or are they setting themselves up for more families of different backgrounds? That could be worthwhile. Unless you phrase it as above--as 'designer' perfect people. Then it sounds even weirder.

John

...And, the image of human organs presented below doesn't exactly remedy the situation.
Here's something else to help you get some sleep tonight:Just above the human organs toob there is another toob involving tools which can be used to get to the human organs like in horror movies! >:D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote8. Avoid quoting entire posts, especially those that contain many images.

...Er hem, anyway, that Safari family toob is weird. What kind of family dresses in matching colours? You could start with the baby and then progress them, from child to adult and then old age, as the same individual. One male and one female.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: John on September 21, 2014, 01:21:09 AM

...And, the image of human organs presented below doesn't exactly remedy the situation.
Here's something else to help you get some sleep tonight:Just above the human organs toob there is another toob involving tools which can be used to get to the human organs like in horror movies! >:D

DINNER TIME!!!  >:D anyone want human liver?
Walking With Monsers:

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on September 21, 2014, 01:21:09 AM

BRILLIANT juxtaposition, Safari  ;) :o

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

amargasaurus cazaui

We could re-label the family toob as "Jurassic Park Dinosaur Food" and solve the problem right? ;) :) :D
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Hynerpeton

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 21, 2014, 06:41:56 AM
We could re-label the family toob as "Jurassic Park Dinosaur Food" and solve the problem right? ;) :) :D

My dimetrodon could eat them!  :P
Walking With Monsers:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: