News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 19, 2014, 06:53:01 PM
Perhaps this balance solution is in reference to the archaeopteryx
But she was talking about the Carnegie line, which she sculpts for. The Archaeopteryx is part of Wild Safari, and sculpted by another person.

Hermes888

Did they announce any Toobs or bird figures?

Ridureyu

I'll take a velociraptor, yutyrannus, and nasuceratops, please.

crankydinosaur

looks like no prehistoric toobs! But if you're into ancient Rome or human organs you should be really excited!   ;D

Hermes888

Quote from: crankydinosaur on September 19, 2014, 08:56:28 PM
looks like no prehistoric toobs! But if you're into ancient Rome or human organs you should be really excited!   ;D
Where did you see the non-prehistory Safari LTD products?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 19, 2014, 09:11:18 PM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on September 19, 2014, 08:56:28 PM
Where did you see the non-prehistory Safari LTD products?

The animals are on the Animal Toy Forum here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1165.0

stargatedalek

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 19, 2014, 07:51:25 PM
no birds (nigh archaeopteryx) and it would seem no animal toobs yet

Roselaar

I sure hope we'll be getting a new prehistoric toob, it's been a while since we last had one.

laticauda

Quote from: John on September 19, 2014, 01:29:39 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2014, 12:35:57 AM

...The Kaiyodo sets are truly spectacular though, and worth seeking out. It frustrates me that the better models like Favorite and Kaiyodo are so hard to obtain. I get them if the chance presents itself. I'm never in a hurry to get the latest Carnegie, CollectA or Safari...I know I have plenty of time to obtain them.
That's one good thing about Safari Ltd.,they are so easy to get to (online that is).I wish Kaiyodo and Favorite were as well distributed but as they say,it is what it is. :)

That is so true!  For kaiyodo and Favorite, I guess supply and demand, keep the supply low, so we all have to spend more to get them.

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on September 19, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

I sure hope we'll be getting a new prehistoric toob, it's been a while since we last had one.

Wasn't the Cambrian toob last year?

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2014, 11:34:18 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on September 19, 2014, 10:08:38 PM

Wasn't the Cambrian toob last year?

Yeah, so we had to make do for a whole year without a new toob. ;) And I wasn't too fond of the Cambrian toob anyway. Good attempt, but certainly not on par with the Sea Life, Crocodiles and Sharks toobs.

DinoLord

I wonder how the paint application on the actual figures will compare to the catalogue pictures. I recall this has been an issue with Safari/Carnegie in the past. The Yutyrannus in particular has me curious

SpartanSquat

Why they are still releasing dinosaur babies? I think we had enought.

DinoLord

Quote from: RolandEden on September 20, 2014, 02:31:59 AM
Why they are still releasing dinosaur babies? I think we had enought.

Probably to get sales from parents who don't want to buy their kids a full-fledged figure.

Jetoar

I like the road runner colors of the new raptor figure  ^-^. I dont know very well the babies figures but I think that they are  nice  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: A.Garcia on September 19, 2014, 03:39:21 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 19, 2014, 12:06:46 AM
Just noticed the dates in the catalogue all give a month and 2014. Are these the release dates? If so, the figures are not strictly new for 2015, but new for 2014.

Those look like the release dates, with the "minimum order" and "shop online" written. I think Safari noted Christmas on their calendar. ;) However, for easy forum reference, I think the figures (Wild Safari, at least) are best considered "for" the new year, when they are more available.

So does anyone know if these are considered the 2015 line or are there still going to be new figures for 2015? My guess is these are the 2015 figures, but they're releasing them early for Xmas shopping. I always wondered why these "toy" companies didn't have a release date that was closer to the biggest shopping time of the year.

docronnie

...The Kaiyodo sets are truly spectacular though, and worth seeking out. It frustrates me that the better models like Favorite and Kaiyodo are so hard to obtain. I get them if the chance presents itself. I'm never in a hurry to get the latest Carnegie, CollectA or Safari...I know I have plenty of time to obtain them.
That's one good thing about Safari Ltd.,they are so easy to get to (online that is).I wish Kaiyodo and Favorite were as well distributed but as they say,it is what it is. :)

In my case, it's different. 

It seems Wild Safari figures are getting better than Carnegie ones. I hope I could get a Nasuceratops in the future.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on September 20, 2014, 04:15:58 AM
Quote from: A.Garcia on September 19, 2014, 03:39:21 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 19, 2014, 12:06:46 AM
Just noticed the dates in the catalogue all give a month and 2014. Are these the release dates? If so, the figures are not strictly new for 2015, but new for 2014.

Those look like the release dates, with the "minimum order" and "shop online" written. I think Safari noted Christmas on their calendar. ;) However, for easy forum reference, I think the figures (Wild Safari, at least) are best considered "for" the new year, when they are more available.

So does anyone know if these are considered the 2015 line or are there still going to be new figures for 2015? My guess is these are the 2015 figures, but they're releasing them early for Xmas shopping. I always wondered why these "toy" companies didn't have a release date that was closer to the biggest shopping time of the year.

Same as last year I guess. It does seem to be a great strategy..releasing just in time for Christmas. :)

John

Quote from: docronnie on September 20, 2014, 05:01:24 AM

In my case, it's different. 

It seems Wild Safari figures are getting better than Carnegie ones. I hope I could get a Nasuceratops in the future.
I've also noticed the vast improvements in some of the Wild Safari line recently too.The Dimorphodon,Elasmosaurus and the upcoming Yutyrannus are among the best of any line out there. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

There's certainly more diversity in the Wild Safari line in recent years compared to Carnegie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: