News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on January 24, 2016, 03:48:19 PM

Because if it has the Collecta logo in the picture, it MUST be an official Collecta model!  ;) ;) ;)

To be fair, that doesn't look much worse than some of their older figures...  ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 24, 2016, 04:23:49 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on January 24, 2016, 03:48:19 PM

Because if it has the Collecta logo in the picture, it MUST be an official Collecta model!  ;) ;) ;)

To be fair, that doesn't look much worse than some of their older figures...  ;)

To be honest... I wonder why CollectA hasn't made a Ceratosaurus yet?
I am the Dinosaur King!

terrorchicken

Viking Spawn

I did an article on the bootleg T-Rex observed above.  It can be found on my website here:

http://vikingspawn.wix.com/rebor#!buyer-beware/razh3

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Viking Spawn

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 26, 2016, 08:46:07 PM
Awwww, they are totally snuggling.

LOL.  Yeah, I guess so...  Lost World anyone?   :P

pylraster

A strange find in a local garage sale. A bootleg yes, but not a bad one for 30 PhP (less than $1).

And since it is summer in the Philippines, it's the perfect weather to go repainting.

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

pylraster

Actually started work on this guy. Between its fingers were flashes of thin plastic; I shaved most of it away. Same with its feet, and that I took care of with fine-grit sandpaper.

By the way Docronnie I never found those fake Schleichs anymore in Divisoria. Maybe they quickly went out of production.

Arul

The most simple way to know know the different between original or knock-off is looking the figure in the eye.. Lol

PumperKrickel

deleted

docronnie

Quote from: pylraster on April 08, 2016, 08:03:23 PM
Actually started work on this guy. Between its fingers were flashes of thin plastic; I shaved most of it away. Same with its feet, and that I took care of with fine-grit sandpaper.

By the way Docronnie I never found those fake Schleichs anymore in Divisoria. Maybe they quickly went out of production.

But I saw them during the soft launch of Toycon 2016 at UP Town center from a seller in GH (Freakinstein). Maybe most of them were bought by sellers already.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

St Dinos of Plasstisi

Kmart in Australia (which only sells pure junk at the best of times here) is selling fakes, seen a Papo Trike, a Safari T. rex (the old cheesy green one) and CollectA Cetiosaurus, plus other recasts, detail is very reduced, lots of horrible sharp edges and flashing type stuff on them. 

mest

New toy series from Schleich!?

And looks like Papo and Schleich joined forces:

Rain

Are those knock-offs Mest? Or just repackaged figures?

mest

Rain

The detail looks surprisingly good from what I can see

LophoLeeVT

they use the pics from the legit dinosaurus.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Rain

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: