News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

This has to be one the first straight up PNSO bootlegs I've seen:

CityRaptor

Pretty sure I saw bootlegs of the small PNSO figures before.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ravonium

While I've seen knockoffs of their earlier figures (both size ranges) before, this is the first knockoff of a figure released after their revival that I've seen  :-[

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Loon on November 29, 2019, 05:27:43 AM
This has to be one the first straight up PNSO bootlegs I've seen:

Looks pretty identical I feel like maybe PNSO will up their game and rerelease the same dinos with the intended paint apps only one can hope.

SidB

Yes, I hope so too. I feel that the paint job on the initial release of their Spinosaurus was a bit of a missed opportunity. A new application with more imagination might allow them to regain the initiative and try to keep ahead of the bootleggers for another lap.

Sim

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 I don't think those are knock-offs.  Also @Halichoeres in that link that DragonRider02 provided, is that the best Ornithomimus toy?

Loon

Yeah, that Tyrannosaurus is very Dinosaurs in the Wild. But, looking at the others, it looks like they're not so much as bootlegs of figures, but heavily inspired by easily Google-able reconstructions. That pachycephalosaurs is so similar in pose and design to the concept art from saurian.

stargatedalek

These are indeed 100% original figures made in China, I've contacted that seller about them before. These sculpts are produced in three different formats, large soft figures, articulated ones, and solid mini figures (a few inches long). Sadly many of them had standing issues when scaled up and the factory apparently destroyed them. 

Rest in peace 70cm Dilos :'(

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Large-Dinosaur-Figure-T-Rex-Brachiosaurus-Stegosaurus-Soft-PVC-Collector-Kid-Toy/254398656742?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D231dcad3afe64a1e8f1791ebe9317afa%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D8%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dsb%26sd%3D254405708814%26itm%3D254398656742%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on January 16, 2020, 11:52:13 PM
avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 I don't think those are knock-offs.  Also avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres in that link that DragonRider02 provided, is that the best Ornithomimus toy?

Ha ha, oh man. As bad as Geoworld's version is, its silhouette evokes an ornithomimosaur. Can't really say the same for the one at that link, which looks like some kind of defective dromaeosaur.

On another note, those sauropods look like the ones that some forum members have been picking up from AliExpress lately.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 17, 2020, 03:37:59 PM
On another note, those sauropods look like the ones that some forum members have been picking up from AliExpress lately.

I've been interested in those sauropods, but I'm weary of any of these types of figures. Could anyone who owns them say what they're quality is like?

stargatedalek

They are indeed, the Mosasaurs too. Skinny tail aside it's nice to see Mosasaurs that actually look appropriately lizard like as opposed to the more crocodilian or snake like appearance that's so common.

Quote from: Loon on January 17, 2020, 03:43:09 PM
I've been interested in those sauropods, but I'm weary of any of these types of figures. Could anyone who owns them say what they're quality is like?
I can't speak for this manufacturer, but I have some of the Favorite Kinto vinyl models which should be relatively similar in function and they are quite nice. Unless you plan on repainting it I wouldn't be particularly concerned about the soft plastic, it still holds detail quite well.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on January 17, 2020, 03:43:09 PM

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria has a bit to say about them in his collection thread. I'm not sure who else owns them, but he definitely does.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Found the Safari T. rex's melting, moss-covered sister:

SidB

Quote from: Loon on February 07, 2020, 05:41:21 PM

Ouch, I think that she needs to start flossing between her teeth.

SidB

On second thought, with those arms, that might be a bit of a challenge.

CityRaptor

Looks like it may be one of those large figures made out of soft material.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Doug Watson

Quote from: Loon on February 07, 2020, 05:41:21 PM

avatar_Loon @Loon could you tell me where you found this $%?&@#* thing?

Loon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: