News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

We are suddenly experiencing a lot of downtime so I apologise for the inconvenience. Hopefully this will not continue.  C:-)

SpittersForEver

yeah, lately it's been hard getting on for me and I've only just got on.

suspsy

Is the main site down for anyone else right now?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on April 23, 2015, 03:33:05 AM
Is the main site down for anyone else right now?
It's been fine for me.

suspsy

I keep getting an "error establishing a database connection" message.

DinoToyForum

There was some downtime earlier, sorry. If you get an error message and others don't then it is possibly your browser's cached version. Refresh should bring it back.

DinoToyForum

Actually, the site did just go down again for a few minutes there. I have contacted my host again. Things seem to be getting worse in recent weeks.

sauroid

yep this is becoming frequent both here and ATF. :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

It's working now, thankfully. Just uploaded my latest review. :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on April 23, 2015, 12:18:08 PM
It's working now, thankfully. Just uploaded my latest review. :)

That's lucky it didn't conk out on you while you were posting. The downtime problems are consistently sporadic today. I've been in touch with my host about it...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on April 23, 2015, 03:57:19 AM
I keep getting an "error establishing a database connection" message.

Actually, I am getting this error on the blog now. But this forum is working, weird!

stargatedalek

I've got the same thing, blog gives the error but no sign of it on the forum.

DinoToyForum

Real problems with the site all day, I'm very sorry. :-[ It doesn't seem to be fixed yet either, blog and forum keep going down...

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

OK, so we seem to back to normal. Sorry about that. My host informs me that we may have been experienceing a denial of service attack - bad bots!

docronnie

Nice to hear pleasant news. ...
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Hynerpeton

Someone just noticed issues.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Takama

DinoToyForum

Urg, I'll contact my host again. Thanks for letting me know...

DinoToyForum

One of our database tables crashed a few hours ago, causing the forum to go down. I have fixed it now. Typically, it happened when I was asleep, so sorry for the delay. The server also went down for an hour or so - which may be related to the crash.

Anyway, we seem to be back up and running smoothly again now...apologies for the downtime.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: