News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Dobber on August 22, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 22, 2015, 03:25:48 AM
There is some room for speculation on how flexible its tail was, so I wouldn't say it's incorrect. Aren't the CollectA feathered rex's ankles a bit skinny though? There were complaints that the Carnegie Tyrannosaurus' were, and CollectA's don't seem much thicker...

Nonetheless, I have to say, CollectA is doing Tyrannosaurus toys RIGHT >:D

I wholeheartedly agree :))

Suspy, is the Rex moulded with the base or is it just glued on to it?

Chris

As best as I can tell, the base on mine is glued on. Bear in mind that the figure may not be able to stand without the base!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

Gotcha  ;)

Just planning ahead for my repaint, if I can get it off the base without destroying the base it would make painting much easier. Then I could just put it back on.  :)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

This goes without saying, but be sure to post photos of your completed work!

joossa

Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
This goes without saying, but be sure to post photos of your completed work!
Agreed! I'd be very interested in seeing your end product. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Is the T.rex already in stores? Can't wait!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Dinomike on August 23, 2015, 07:27:35 AM
Is the T.rex already in stores? Can't wait!

I would like to know this too. I see it online for preorder from Dan's Dinosaurs. Anyone know of anywhere it is currently available?

suspsy

I know it's available for preorder at a number of stores. I'm guessing September?

Blade-of-the-Moon

According to Dejankins blog, it was supposed to be released with all the other pieces that came into the states but was absent for some reason. So it should be in the next shipment.

Bokisaurus

Well, I finally the Guidraco ;D Wow, seriously one of CollectA's best figure. This figure is huge and very well designed and executed on all front. Definitely a contender for the best prehistoric toy of 2015 ;)
;)
[

The various stages of how you can pose the beak. The articulation and fitting on this figure is amazing! Those teeth feet perfectly!
[
And check out those beautiful, and very life-like eyes ^-^

stargatedalek

It really is a beautiful figure, I notice yours is painted differently from mine, mine doesn't have the white between the eye and throat.

suspsy

While Firestreak is my personal favourite 2015 toy, Skyshadow is the BEST 2015 toy. Hands down.

terrorchicken

I love it, Id get it if it were smaller(its too big for my collection!)

Shadowknight1

I can't wait for my feathered rex, it'll provide a nice splash of color to my dino shelf.  Really want to know more about the Deluxe Spino though.  No offense to Paddles and Waddles suspsy, I just like the bigger ones with articulated jaws.  :))
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Look at all those teeth !!  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Out of the 5 I bought, there is some variation between them paint wise, though very minor.

Concavenator

Would you mind posting some pics,Blade?  :)

Dilopho

Collecta seems to know what they're doing with pterosaurs. The detail and accuracy is fantastic, and the fact that it's almost life-size is awesome.
Wait...Oh! We NEED a tiny cute life-sized Anurognathus, with it's new tawny frogmouth look. But I'm not sure if they could do the whiskers.
Oh man, that would be so cute. I'd pretend it was my pet. The same with the Guidraco, if I could afford it (and if it was even available to me right now, ha ha)

Fluffysaurus

I love Guidraco, its amazing!!! But, i have a question why do a lot of Collectas with a longer snout or beak have a bridge beak? Dont know if you understand it. But a lot seem curved. You know what i mean?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

I've only noticed that with the Quetzalcoatlus, but it was an easy fix after a dip in hot water.

Fluffysaurus

Ok i have seen several with that issue so a hot dippie does the trick? And once? Or twice ? And does it curl up by itself? Or how does that work?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: