News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

I've just received the swimming spino and the 2 minis boxes.
I love the pose and the croc tail of the spino, the walking one seems like having broken wrists.
As for the minis, I have to admit they are better than Papo's and even better than Safari's. But their paintwork isn't good at all.
Also I love the pteranodon translucent wings and the mysterious Apatosaurus. 
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: MLMjp on November 20, 2015, 05:30:52 PM
I see the problem with the movable jaw. That aside.

Is the best thing ever 8)

I hadn't heard about a "problem" with the movable jaw. The only thing I noticed about it on the video (Thanks for sharing it, Shonisaurus!) was the inside fleshy skin that joins the jaws doesn't seem very textured in any way. It looks more like it's just a piece of pink plastic, that when the jaws open at their widest point, you can see the top of it where it's not connected. Is that what you meant?

Still, I also want it and the two Standard ones as well. But it's looking less and less likely that we here in the States will be getting them and the Feathered T. rex and the two Mini Collections before the end of this year, let alone by Christmas! :'( I actually don't remember that ever happening before with any dino toy company... getting figures the year after the actual year they were released. Now we know some companies like Safari have been releasing some of their new figures before their actual release year, but never a year after! In recent past years, CollectA has been getting later and later for us in the States, but never had they gone over into the next year. I wonder what's happening differently this year with them and their/our distributors that's holding things up more this time around?

Blade-of-the-Moon

There wasa good explanation of how CollectA's U.S. distribution works a few pages back, it's not well done.

I have heard that possibly U.S. stores will have the last CollectA pieces in hand by the end of the year.

tyrantqueen

Well, American collectors get Battat and Safari purchases earlier than us Europeans do. We can't even buy Battats in our countries, we have to import them.

Dan said to me that the CollectA Spinosaurus was going to be out by the end of 2015, but at this rate, with Christmas and the new year looming, I guess I'll have to wait for Spring 2016 :-\ From now on I'll stick to buying CollectA from European sources.

amargasaurus cazaui

Perhaps rather than Collecta they should have named themselves Prospecta or Projecta! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shonisaurus

It's true what they say in the forum. Shame is that distributors and retailers of toys in Europe delay in the distribution of spinosaurus Collecta. While in Australia and the USA and sold in its stores.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2015, 04:43:16 AM
There was a good explanation of how CollectA's U.S. distribution works a few pages back, it's not well done.

I have heard that possibly U.S. stores will have the last CollectA pieces in hand by the end of the year.

Yeah, I saw that explanation about US distributors. I think it was Sean Bell who wrote it. For me though, it still doesn't seem explain why it keeps getting worse. I mean, the distributors have always been slow over here. But like I said, I don't ever remember not being able to get figures from one year until the next year.

Oh wow! I hope what you've heard comes true! I keep checking DeJankins site and Blog (where I get mine from) and he hasn't updated any new info since October 1st, when he was told... "The Deluxe Feathered Tyrannosaurus, the Deluxe Spinosaurus, walking and swimming versions of the standard sized Spinosaurus, and the two Mini Dinosaur collections would be arriving November 31st for release in December." Well, December isn't over yet! Lol!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 18, 2015, 12:43:00 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2015, 04:43:16 AM
There was a good explanation of how CollectA's U.S. distribution works a few pages back, it's not well done.

Yeah, I saw that explanation about US distributors. I think it was Sean Bell who wrote it. For me though, it still doesn't seem explain why it keeps getting worse. I mean, the distributors have always been slow over here. But like I said, I don't ever remember not being able to get figures from one year until the next year.

Oh wow! I hope what you've heard comes true! I keep checking DeJankins site and Blog (where I get mine from) and he hasn't updated any new info since October 1st, when he was told... "The Deluxe Feathered Tyrannosaurus, the Deluxe Spinosaurus, walking and swimming versions of the standard sized Spinosaurus, and the two Mini Dinosaur collections would be arriving November 31st for release in December." Well, December isn't over yet! Lol!

Exactly. 

The spinosaurs were supposed to be next year anyway I think but they were received a bit early by some is my understanding.

Dobber

I just got a shipping noticed from Dan. His site shows the Feathered Rex and Spino's are in stock! Hopefully my shipment is for all of them. ^-^

FINALLY!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

I just bought the feathered tyrannosaurus rex and Spinosaurus three models and look fabulous!

Collecta is one of my favorite companies with Safari, Papo and Rebor.

Meso-Cenozoic

Just got an email from DeJankins... All the remaining 2015 CollectA figures are now in! YAY!! You were right, Blade! We did beat it to the new year! :))

He also got in all the new 2016 WS figures as well, with the exception of the Carcharodontosaurus, which he says he's expecting in a few days.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dobber on December 19, 2015, 01:31:18 PM
I just got a shipping noticed from Dan. His site shows the Feathered Rex and Spino's are in stock! Hopefully my shipment is for all of them. ^-^

FINALLY!

Chris

Never got a notification, but checked my account on Dan's, shows that they're shipped, I can't wait until they get here!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 20, 2015, 11:08:43 PM
Just got an email from DeJankins... All the remaining 2015 CollectA figures are now in! YAY!! You were right, Blade! We did beat it to the new year! :))

He also got in all the new 2016 WS figures as well, with the exception of the Carcharodontosaurus, which he says he's expecting in a few days.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Awesome! New dinos for everyone!

Dobber

My 2 Rex's and Spino's arrived! They are beautiful....particularly the Rex's. One of which is slightly warped but not in a bad way, it gives them a slightly different stance so they don't look like they are entirely the same figure :)

Chris

sauroid

@Dobber: you should have the other one repainted to make them look like a mated pair/two different specimens.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Wow, a case where warping is actually a good thing! Cool!

Can't wait to see your repaints, Dobber!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

I had my Primer out but now I may order a 3rd as I really like how these 2 look together do to the different posses. Decisions... decisions :o

Chris

MLMjp

Quote from: Dobber on December 22, 2015, 04:50:24 PM
My 2 Rex's and Spino's arrived! They are beautiful....particularly the Rex's. One of which is slightly warped but not in a bad way, it gives them a slightly different stance so they don't look like they are entirely the same figure :)

Cool!

Good that you already have them! Your Spinos and T.rexes look great together, specially the feathered T.rex, but oh my... I hate that mohawk.

Damm... Christmas day, come already, so I can get some money to buy a Spino for me!!!

Edited to remove superflous quoted images

Shonisaurus

Tyrannosaurus rex and Spinosaurus are great.

The truth and the truth is that I bought another feathered tyrannosaurus rex and was in the same situation as Dobber, I changed it by one like the original. For which I have two feathered tyrannosaurus rex same, I am now regretful.

Furthermore the feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta 2015 is impressive but I have a warning: it is fragile, with a simple fall to the ground will be broken leg, which by the way are attached to the animal body, particularly the knees. In short, the dinosaur is made in two pieces.

I fully managed my other feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta their legs sticking with an adhesive denture (in the family) and I found it. And not only this figure baryonyx and Proceratosaurus he also broke the legs did manage that product spent years with baryonyx and Proceratosaurus with his paw stuck with no harm done and absolutely function as an entirely new dinosaur. By that I give an idea of ​​how to fix these figures in case of a slight blight caused by a fall.

empire3569

Quote from: Dobber on December 22, 2015, 04:50:24 PM

Chris

Thank you for the pictures; they have just persuaded me to buy the deluxe spino! I was not a huge fan of it from the promo pics, however it looks much better/more dynamic from the opposite side. I am still not big of the paint job, but luckily I have an artistic fiancee who is willing to repaint it for me :)

[Edited to delete quoted pictures - Admin C:-)]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: