News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrancon

A quick question regarding the deluxe Collecta Spinosaurus fig: How close is it to 1:40 scale?

Concavenator

Quote from: Dinobot on November 08, 2015, 04:55:01 PM
A quick question regarding the deluxe Collecta Spinosaurus fig: How close is it to 1:40 scale?
It is in 1:40 scale.

tyrantqueen

It's accurate for 1:40 if you use the smallest estimate for Spinosaurus (12.6 metres). For anything larger, it's too small. Estimates for the size of Spino range from 12 to 18 metres.

Arrancon

Thanks! I just want to make sure I get the model that best scales with my large Carnegie theropods.

Everything_Dinosaur

As promised, all three CollectA Spinosaurus models have now arrived at Everything Dinosaur.

Delluxe:Deluxe

Swimming:Swimming

Walking:Walking

Everything Dinosaur

We will post updates about the next set of CollectA 2016 models to be announced on Friday morning.

MLMjp

pylraster

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 08, 2015, 05:50:02 PM
It's accurate for 1:40 if you use the smallest estimate for Spinosaurus (12.6 metres). For anything larger, it's too small. Estimates for the size of Spino range from 12 to 18 metres.

Hmmm that's smaller than I imagined it to be. I thought the model would be significantly longer than their T.rex at least.

Shonisaurus

Toons are still missing two mini Collecta 2015 are promising.

Shonisaurus

EmperorDinobot

I really like their ceratopidae!

Everything_Dinosaur

Actual measurements for the 1:40 are quite difficult because of the curavature of the tail, but although we don't state this length on our website, if you take into account that tail bend the model is around 38cm long that makes it a lot bigger than the 1:40 CollectA T. rex

Hope this helps.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 10, 2015, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 10, 2015, 09:21:06 PM
There are still two mini toons Collecta 2015 are promising.

Everything Dinosaur has them in stock and we are doing some studio work today taking pictures of the two sets, we will also offer both sets together at a slight discount.  We have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of these little replicas and therefore we wanted to dedicate a bit of time to taking more photos.  Both sets will be live by close of play today (GMT), pics will be posted on Facebook page and eventually a more detailed review and further pics will be on the Everything Dinosaur blog.

pylraster

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 11, 2015, 11:19:16 AM
Actual measurements for the 1:40 are quite difficult because of the curavature of the tail, but although we don't state this length on our website, if you take into account that tail bend the model is around 38cm long that makes it a lot bigger than the 1:40 CollectA T. rex

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification. Eagerly anticipating photos from the forum members who'll be getting this early.

Concavenator

I have just ordered the new Deluxe Spinosaurus from Everything Dinosaur.

Shonisaurus

By the way I have seen a fairly complete video of the deluxe spinosaurus Collecta. It is dedicated to all those people who do not have this issue on our shelves.

I pass the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8j9gyY8h0

It is Matthew The Dinosaur King

MLMjp

I see the problem with the movable jaw. That aside.

Is the best thing ever 8)

Dilopho

Oh, wow! The tail is so perfectly crocodile-like! It's even coloured like a Nile Crocodile, which is fitting as spinosaurus was also Egyptian. You know, every time someone makes a crocodile figure, they also make it green or brown, when really, Nile Crocodiles are the colour of this spinosaurus figure- green and yellow with black spots. Saltwater crocodiles are green. Other ones tend to be grey or brown.

sauroid

that Spino looks great. it isnt perfect (yah know, that hinged jaw) but still very well made. a must have.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

MLMjp

For anyone who has it (I know somebody has it, but I canĀ“t remember who was) Is the head made of softer plastic or something? Because in the video the guy bended a bit the entire head when moving the jaw. So how soft really is?

Silvanusaurus

I'm starting to feel temptations to get this after all... orginally I was underwhelmed but it does look like a very elegant figure...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: