News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyto_Theropod

Lookin' good Dobber! I wish all warping made to identical figures look that individual! One of my CollectA Spinosaurs came with a slightly warped upp jaw that makes it look like a droopy dog lol! :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Bokisaurus

Well, they made it before the year 2015 is over :)
What a way to close a fantastic year for CollectA! I love all of these last figures, they are so much more better than I have expected.
The new Spino is really something else, gotta get used to the new Serano version, but it's a nice study next to the more classic interpretation of how it looked like.
The feathered T-Rex is my second favorite rex figure, second only to Battat. It really is a nice and well sculpted figure, and it's big!

New Spinosaurs:
1:40 scale
[
Compared to the Safari and Papo
[

The standard versions- walking and swimming
[
Sure to be a conversation piece, these new models are nice addition to any collection.

Feathered T-REx
[

With it's baby- really cool pair
[

With the original version and Papo
[

Enjoy!  :)

sauroid

cool pics Boki. that stooping CollectA rex doesnt look too shabby compared to the Papo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

The Spinosaurus Collecta is wonderful, it looks better in person than in photography.

By the way the release of the deluxe Collecta Spinosaurus has been known as Prehistoric Times as the best dinosaur 2015.

Note Collecta facebook:

Our Spinosaurus 2015 has won the best new toy prehistoric figure of 2015 at Prehistoric Times !! Thank You !!

Another great achievement of Collecta.

Dobber

Started work on customizing both a Feathered T-Rex and the deluxe Spinosaurus. I just had to finish my other project a 1/5 Deinonychus kit! Please check it out here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4204.0

I'll post pictures soon of the Rex and Spino.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Can't wait to see the T. rex!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Viking Spawn

Same here!  I like the Feathered T-Rex sculpt.  Its the colors and base that are a turn off to me. 

amargasaurus cazaui

Ordered some of the newer things that had come onto the market recently....From Collecta I was sent the Guidraco, the two tube sets, and the swimming Spinosaurs model. I was a bit underwhelmed with the Spino personally, mainly cause I did not care for the colors...may consider having Martin do a repaint for that one. On the other hand, I think the Guidraco should have been Collecta's idea of the decade and should have been followed up this year...what a blown opportunity, but perhaps sales were not as brisk with such a higher price model. I myself would gladly purchase models like this if they are made..the size, quality and overall WOW effect are there. For me this was the hit of Collecta's entire year . I am also very fond of the tube sets, and how well sculpted they are and so close to the larger size counterparts...another idea I think is quite unique and well done. The mohawks on the ceratopsians are so small at this scale they blend in a touch better and make the models much more pleasing...and some of these smaller scale copies of the larger models are miniature works of art. Nice stuff Collecta.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

I got the Deluxe Spinosaurus yesterday.I'm amazed with it!

Dobber

Soon my friends...very soon  8)

Here are some quick crappy pictures I took a couple weeks ago to show some of the mods I made to the Rex. I shaved the pointed Mohawk down, filled in the scales around the antorbital fenestra and made it "feathery", and added more feathering behind the head to fill out the "mane".
Comparison with a stock Rex:

The Spino is just about finished with its repaint and the Rex is also now painted but still needs more detailing
Both should be done very soon.

Chris

sauroid

very cool Dobber. cant wait to see it finished and fully painted.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Patrx

Excellent work! You're basically correcting every problem I have with this figure. Looking forward to the final result.

Dobber

Thanks guys, forgot to mention I also filled in the gaps around the head and legs.

Chris

Shonisaurus

Dobber your figure represents an improvement over the original Collecta. A great work congratulations.

Silvanusaurus

Wow, even before seeing it painted, it already looks substantially better... you've fixed the exact things that have put me off getting this, now I'm considering following in your footsteps...

empire3569

Not to copy everyone else, but so far this looks way better than the original sculpt! I did not like the mohawk they gave him either, your mod looks so much more natural! Can't wait to see the painted product

tyrantqueen

It does look better without the mohawk...

suspsy

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the new colours!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kovu

That blows the original out of the water, man! If the original looked like that, I wouldn't be so hesitant to buy it.

Viking Spawn

I'm in agreement with everyone else!  Your modifications look tons better than the original!  If the actual model was like yours, I too, would be ALL OVER IT!

Can hardly wait to see the finished product!  Perhaps CollectA will see it and make much needed improvements of their own.  Especially that god awful paint app!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: