News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
Perhaps it's the angle of the photo? Look on Everything Dinosaur's FB page. They have more photos of the Pliosaurus.
I have just seen them.It looks better,though I'm not really convinced.

suspsy

It's supposed to be based on the Dorset pliosaur:

I would have preferred the Dorset museum's colour scheme than that straight green, but it would have made the Pliosaurus look too similar to CollectA's Liopleurodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

What I don't like is the weird notch it has on the mouth.That's it.It's otherwise fine.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Comparing pics it looks like it might have a bit of a dip there...without more pics and possibly a more complete specimen it's hard to tell. Adam might know more.

Those "kinked" jaws are usually found in species that are mainly fish eaters, like Spinosaurus..so it seems plausible at the least.

suspsy

The fossil skull does appear to have the same "dip," just not as pronounced as on the toy. But once you add muscle and skin, one could argue that it would be that way.

I also wish this guy had been sculpted with a small plesiosaur or icthyosaur in his jaws.

triceratops83

I think the raised rings around the eyes make it look odd. Doesn't give it that distinct "Pliosaurian" look.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A prey item would be easy to add from the plethora of other marine reptile toys out there I think.

I'm not sure on that heavy scaling around the eyes..maybe it's a personal artistic choice? Kind of makes the skull look less streamlined.

Meso-Cenozoic

This guy might look better in person. But for me, I'm not loving this figure by the pics alone.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Out of the first releases I'll get this Pliosaur myself. Just love the marine reptiles.

suspsy

This is what I'd have loved. They could always do Kronosaurus this way.

Bokisaurus

Who know, this could be the next one in their predator/prey series ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

That can be done easily enough when the figure is released.  I'd be happy to make a custom one for you, add in a plesiosaur and some wounds to it. Just let me know.

suspsy

I shall keep that in mind. Probably wouldn't have the budget for a custom this year, but possibly in the future.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 30, 2015, 12:04:12 AM
I shall keep that in mind. Probably wouldn't have the budget for a custom this year, but possibly in the future.

Sure thing. I'm mostly free during the winter months so something else to consider..unless your in no rush..lol

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 30, 2015, 01:37:42 AM
Quote from: suspsy on January 30, 2015, 12:04:12 AM

Sure thing. I'm mostly free during the winter months so something else to consider..unless your in no rush..lol

Certainly no rush. I'm getting married in the fall, so can't be spending too much on dinosaurs this year!

Shadowknight1

I've been looking at that picture of the Acrocanthosaurus and something puzzles me.  The description on the first page says it has a moveable jaw, but it sure doesn't look like it, and the Carcharodontosaurus figure that it shares many features with didn't have one.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

The Acrocanthosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus rex in the photos are prototypes that haven't been tooled yet.

Concavenator

Does anyone have real life pics of the first wave of new figures?

triceratops83

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2015, 05:56:54 PM
Does anyone have real life pics of the first wave of new figures?

I'll have the Ceratopsians by Thursday.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: