News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 05, 2015, 12:28:14 AM
Yep, I see the tail of the feathery beast! ;)  Still a nice sharp pic. Thanks for sharing, Takama! I wouldn't mind having that stand the Pliosaurus is on. And is that a new Great White? He looks pretty good. I'm still trying to choose the best one for a Megalodon. My hopes were dashed last year when the WS was revealed. :P

BTW, does anyone happen to know how far back in history the Baobab Tree? I had done a quick search about it and didn't come up with anything definitive. I think it is more indigenous to the continent of Africa. Maybe it would at least be all right to use for prehistoric mammal displays and dioramas? Thanks!

Apparently, the baobab genus is thought to have originated in Madagascar about 17 million years ago (Miocene). http://showme.co.za/waterberg/tourism/the-great-baobab-enigma/
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

Yep, I see the tail of the feathery beast! ;)  Still a nice sharp pic. Thanks for sharing, Takama! I wouldn't mind having that stand the Pliosaurus is on. And is that a new Great White? He looks pretty good. I'm still trying to choose the best one for a Megalodon. My hopes were dashed last year when the WS was revealed. :P

It's definitely more attractive than the WS toy. That one looked too much like Jaws.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mauro "Raptor86"

tanystropheus

The Spinosaurus family looks awesome juxtaposed like that - they would make great diorama pieces.
The Acrocanthosaurus is beautifully painted. I'm shocked  :o :D
The feathered adult T-rex goes along quite well with the juvenile.
And who doesn't want a ginormous Guidraco sitting around on their work desk!

tyrantqueen

Love the Guidraco, the Spinos, and the feathered Tyrannosaurus. Gorgeous offerings from CollectA this year :)

Arul

Wow spinosaurus sculp and paint looks great  :o

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 06, 2015, 12:18:50 AM

BTW, does anyone happen to know how far back in history the Baobab Tree? I had done a quick search about it and didn't come up with anything definitive. I think it is more indigenous to the continent of Africa. Maybe it would at least be all right to use for prehistoric mammal displays and dioramas? Thanks!

Apparently, the baobab genus is thought to have originated in Madagascar about 17 million years ago (Miocene). http://showme.co.za/waterberg/tourism/the-great-baobab-enigma/

Thanks, Dinoguy2! This is good to know now. So, good for prehistoric mammals but not for dinos.

Quote from: suspsy on February 06, 2015, 05:20:05 PM

It's definitely more attractive than the WS toy. That one looked too much like Jaws.

It's MUCH better! The WS figure makes the fake shark in Jaws look real! LOL!

I'm loving these new pics!! The Guidraco looks so impressive. I'm so glad they fixed that jaw. But now I'm a bit worried about the end of the Temnodontosaurus' mouth. It looks to be curved like a bird's beak. I wonder if they're still using last year's softer plastic? The end of my Mosasaurus' mouth also curves inward too. I'm sure they picked out and displayed the best figures to represent each of them too. Hmm. Not a good sign. The Acro does look nicely painted. I do like the figure overall and will definitely get him. But his head, like those in past, is so shrink-wrapped. And there's something a little odd about his lower jaw. I can't pinpoint it. Something just looks a little off. But overall, a pretty cool looking figure (from what I can see of him there). On the other hand, I'm loving that feathered T. rex, but not his paint choices so much. Looks a bit Christmassy to me. Easily fixed though. It still looks like the very tip of his tail might still be too curvy. It's hard to tell for sure. But right where the most visible part of the tail ends, it looks like it still continues with a couple sharp twists in it. Hope not. I don't think it could do that.

I do think that family of new Spinos is absolutely adorable. (When was the last time you called a Spinosaurus cute? LOL!) But there's just something about that little family looking like they're just casually trotting (and belly sliding) off to the beach without a care in the world. Hehe! I like them so much I had to enhance the pic to see them better. :o

*EDIT
Forgot to mention the T. rex. ^

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Acro and Rex are supposed to have moving jaws too right? Maybe that's it.

I think they all look really cool..can't wait to get them. :)

Meso-Cenozoic

I think it's the front half of the lower jaw on the Acro that looks too thin maybe?

Shonisaurus

I just turn on the computer and I saw these two pleasing photos, spinosaurus three versions is great, although as already noted is still speculative recreation.
Certainly the Guidraco is huge compared the feathered tyrannosaurus rex, Entelodon and Acrocanthosaurus that are not small, they are tiny compared to ptedodactylo.
I've always thought it was an exercise of evil and sadistic referring to dinosaurs, especially Collecta that these last figures are marketed three quarters of the year, ie the figures are revealed late last year and we have buy right near the end of next year.
It would be a good thing Collecta placed on the market before its figures as Carnegie / Safari brand, so that collectors and to deceive on all children can enjoy these figures.
Moreover, it is just my opinion, would increase the sales of the product if these figures brings to the market earlier.
But the truth and truth which also causes more excitement and suspense.

Shonisaurus

By the way the pictures come from Fair Nuremberg?

Tallin

Those Spinos! Spinosaurids are definitely my favourite family in the therapod line, and they look so wonderful! A wonderfully different animal to the usual snarling monster it is depicted as!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 13, 2015, 08:42:25 AM
I think it's the front half of the lower jaw on the Acro that looks too thin maybe?

Hm..looks about the same as the Carcharodontosaurus comparing them.

suspsy

The Guidraco seems to get even bigger with each new photo. And wow, the Feathered T. Rex looks even more fantastic from that angle! This could well end up being my favourite dinosaur toy. I can't wait to get it! :D

Roselaar

My god, that's no Guidraco, it's a GuiGodzilla! :)

Shadowknight1

While I'm likely to pass on Acro in favor of REBOR(unless they somehow completely botch it up, which doesn't seem likely), I may pull the trigger on that feathery rex and the deluxe Spinosaurus, which looks a LOT better than the original preview photo.  Might be a good Spino to push the Favorite Soft Model blue one off somewhere where he won't constantly droop...

EDIT: Also, seeing that Guidraco, I hope that the next huge figure they do like that will be Microraptor!  I'd love that, especially if it was in a pose that would make it look cool perched on one's shoulder like an angry, toothy hawk!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

sauroid

they are all cool but i want to see new pics of the T. rex showing the shape of the legs (and i wish the rex's paint wasnt as gaudy). the Spinos are just awesome. the Guidraco would have been perfect if not for the crest color (should have been painted like the "beak", the black of the head or the gray of the body)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on February 14, 2015, 03:36:15 AM
they are all cool but i want to see new pics of the T. rex showing the shape of the legs (and i wish the rex's paint wasnt as gaudy). the Spinos are just awesome. the Guidraco would have been perfect if not for the crest color (should have been painted like the "beak", the black of the head or the gray of the body)

If you need different colors I or other artists here on the forum would be glad to help you out.  ^-^

suspsy

Huh. Just noticed that the old Deluxe Spinosaurus is among the toys on the shelves in the background. Strange that CollectA continues to produce their old models that way. Shouldn't they retire a bunch of them by this point?

Dobber

WOW!!! I'm in love with that Feathered T-rex...it will probably be the first Dino toy I'll buy multiples of for reprints ect. I don't mind the paint but that white stripe looks like someone spilled white out on it. The Spino's also look fantastic! These cannot come out fast enough.

How big are the delux Rex and Spino?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: