News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 15, 2015, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
The Spinosaurus models will be available in July/August afaik.
So far away!  Just when I decide to go ahead and get the deluxe to display in place of the blue Favorite soft-model.  He really is too soft...
Well from what I can tell thr Spinos were going to be 2016 models,so I find the release date reasonable.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2015, 01:08:06 PM
The Spinosaurus models will be available in July/August afaik.
As these figures will be too late, near the end of the year, in mid-summer.
The companies that sell more dinosaur without his figures brings to the market as soon as does Safari / Carnegie. But anyway we should expect, indeed wonderful figures with all the positive and negative hues that may be among those present. It's pretty hard to be indifferent to the figures of Collecta today.
Hopefully with time has a new reissue of Deinocheirus in its new look and Edmontosaurus has not yet made Collecta.

Sim

I wouldn't call something a dinosaur if it isn't one.  Either people will know it isn't one, or if they don't they'll be misinformed and not learn something new.  I don't think it's necessary either, pterosaur, plesiosaur, ichthyosaur, etc. are quite interesting names.  Even flying reptile or marine reptile can work.  And it can be mentioned the pterosaur/flying reptile/ichthyosaur/marine reptile/etc. lived with dinosaurs.

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 14, 2015, 07:50:40 PM
The swimming Spinosaurus looks ok to me. The other two look like something you'd expect to see in a Chinese New Year's parade.
Haha!  I agree!

The new CollectA Tyrannosaurus's head looks better in the new photo of it.

Shadowknight1

The swimming Spinosaurus looks ok to me. The other two look like something you'd expect to see in a Chinese New Year's parade.
Spinosaurus as a Chinese dragon?  ....I can get behind that idea! 8)
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 15, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Spinosaurus as a Chinese dragon?  ....I can get behind that idea! 8)

SYFY movie of the week!

Concavenator

Any chance the Guidraco will be available earlier? Just wondering.

MiniZoo

Quote from: darth daniel on February 15, 2015, 11:33:19 AM
Quote from: MiniZoo on February 15, 2015, 10:09:22 AMAll three featured in the video are due in store in May  :)
Do you know when the Daxiatitan will be available? And will you do a similar video review for this figure as well? :)

Review on Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan and Xiongguanlong will be released within the next couple of days :). Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan, Medusaceratops, Xiongguanlong and Pliosaurus are available now at MiniZoo ... http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Collecta/Prehistoric/

Smilodon, Temnodontosaurus, Feathered TRex, Acrocanthosaurus, Moropus, Daeodon & Guidraco are all due for release on MiniZoo in May.. can monitor it here .. http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Collecta/CollectA-2015/
Spinosaurus - all I know is "mid-year", but we tend to get the models a little earlier than most due to quicker shipping times from China.

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 15, 2015, 12:52:47 PM
MiniZoo -- I was all excited when I looked you up online and saw on the map that you had stores in both New York City in the Central Park Zoo, and in New Jersey at the Turtle Back Zoo. Then I clicked on the link to your site and saw you're actually in Australia! I was looking forward to stopping in one of your stores over here since I live in the New York City Metro area. LOL! I guess my google map search gave me "Mini" or smaller Zoos in my area. Haha!!

Sorry we are not in New York  :D, but recent 25% drop in $AUD against $USD makes our prices pretty attractive even with shipping costs. 2-3 weeks typical delivery time for international orders.

Quote from: Jetoar on February 15, 2015, 03:21:41 PM
Wonderful video  ^-^.
Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for welcoming us to the forum, much appreciated. I hope we can contribute in a positive way.

darth daniel

Quote from: MiniZoo on February 15, 2015, 09:40:20 PM
Review on Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan and Xiongguanlong will be released within the next couple of days :). Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan, Medusaceratops, Xiongguanlong and Pliosaurus are available now at MiniZoo ... http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Collecta/Prehistoric/

Cool, thanks! Looking forward to the review. :)

Arul

Waiting for the smilodon...  :)

Shonisaurus

By the way have been published on the website of minizoo of Australia https://www.facebook.com/MiniZooToys the new video on the figures of dinosaurs Collecta Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan and Xiongguanlong. From my point of view are better than the prototypes.

MiniZoo

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2015, 08:47:28 PM
By the way have been published on the website of minizoo of Australia https://www.facebook.com/MiniZooToys the new video on the figures of dinosaurs Collecta Nasutoceratops, Daxiatitan and Xiongguanlong. From my point of view are better than the prototypes.

Yes, pleased to share our new video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7ezkXJgXE

SBell

Has anyone seen potential pricing on the Guidraco? I know what I would need to sell it for (Canadian $), and the only thing I can come up with is 'daunting'. I know it's supposed to be big, but it will be the most expensive 'toy' figure going (other than the 2 1:15 CollectA dinos). More than the Carnegie Dippy!

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on February 16, 2015, 09:34:20 PM
Has anyone seen potential pricing on the Guidraco? I know what I would need to sell it for (Canadian $), and the only thing I can come up with is 'daunting'. I know it's supposed to be big, but it will be the most expensive 'toy' figure going (other than the 2 1:15 CollectA dinos). More than the Carnegie Dippy!
Really!?  :o Oh,no!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dejankins has it listed for 21.00 ..not bad.

Here's the other Deluxe prices :

CollectA Deluxe Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   21.00

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus - new for 2015 - version with short legs   TBD   
   New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Moropus - new May 2015   $21.00   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   $21.00   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Pliosaurus, 1:40 scale - new March 2015   $21.00   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Daeodon - new May 2015   $21.00   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Guidraco with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   $21.00   

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2015, 09:53:35 PM

CollectA Deluxe Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   21.00

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus - new for 2015 - version with short legs   TBD   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   $21.00   

New for 2015   CollectA Deluxe Guidraco with movable jaw, 1:40 scale - new May 2015   $21.00

See, most of those are about the same, or way, way more, than what I would need to sell the deluxes for (the mammals, for example, would be selling for way less than $20). But the Guidraco is selling for less than what my cost would be. So either things are being amortized or someone messed up.

Of course, being Canada, the figures won't even be here for 4-6 months.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 16, 2015, 10:15:14 PM

See, most of those are about the same, or way, way more, than what I would need to sell the deluxes for (the mammals, for example, would be selling for way less than $20). But the Guidraco is selling for less than what my cost would be. So either things are being amortized or someone messed up.

I'm not finding any other pricing for the Guidraco. But cost for past deluxes and current ones seem to be in 19.99-24.99 range for most of them.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 12:04:36 AM

I'm not finding any other pricing for the Guidraco. But cost for past deluxes and current ones seem to be in 19.99-24.99 range for most of them.

What's disconcerting is that his retail pricing is less that what my wholesale price would be.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2015, 12:11:37 AM

What's disconcerting is that his retail pricing is less that what my wholesale price would be.

Hmmm..those price ranges are based on Minizoo, DansDainosaurs,Dejankins, and EverythingDinosaur when I did quick searches for Deluxe pricing.  Is it possible your wholesaler is charging more than they should?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 17, 2015, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2015, 12:11:37 AM

Hmmm..those price ranges are based on Minizoo, DansDainosaurs,Dejankins, and EverythingDinosaur when I did quick searches for Deluxe pricing.  Is it possible your wholesaler is charging more than they should?

All of the other ones are, more or less, in line with what I would expect (I would expect Canadian pricing to be similar to Australian) . It's just the Guidraco that is WAY out of line. A line that would not be crossed by most retailers I should think--to say nothing of expecting consumers to pay over $40 for a toy pterosaur!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: