News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

It looks like the poor Acrocanthosaurus will end up being the weakest of the 2015 assortment. The inconsistency between the colours of the head piece and the neck, the inaccurate vertebrae, and sadly, the hips that appear to be even wider than the Carcharodontosaurus's! Still, it's a well-sculpted model and should be a good seller.

The Feathered T. Rex, OTOH, appears to have hips of accurate width (at least as far as current paleontological research goes). The visible seam is a pity, but hardly a deal breaker. Just hope it stands better than my Papo Running Rex.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Saurian

rex looks much worse than the first image,gaps  bad  >:(
Soory,my English is poor

Shonisaurus

Although it seems a good figure tyrannosaurus rex feathered, I am not convinced by its multiple seams in the head, and moreover if it is true what is said in the forum lack of sustainability. Her figure is not what I expected correponde seeing the prototype.

Moreover the smilodon is by far the best of the group, perhaps best done on sabertooth cats to date.
The medusaceratops the above has a very elongated jaw, he sees as the prototype does not impress neither hot nor cold, unfortunately.

Moreover the Acrocanthosaurus is fortunately a figure with a less colorful head, but then reminds me too much to Carcharodontosaurus in their ways.

Anyway, I prefer the previous figures including pliosaurus, guidraco, nasutoceratoceratops and daeodon as figures destacadas.siendo my favorites the first two on the list.

joossa

Will want to see pictures of additional feathered rex models to see how obvious the seam lines are. Maybe this one was one of the worse cases and others will look better? I'm not a huge fan of feathered tyrannosaurus in general, but this one is impressive. Will look nice next to the baby too.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 09, 2015, 03:20:59 PM
Moreover the smilodon is by far the best of the group, perhaps best done on sabertooth cats to date.
And anatomically correct, it seems.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Patrx

I admit to being ever so slightly disappointed by the new rex, what with all those seam lines. I really like the markings on the face, even if the overall paint application looks a little like aerosol graffiti.
Still, it's got a cool pose, the feet and claws are of a reasonable size, the proportions are good ... and, well, let's face it, anyone who makes a fully feathered Tyrannosaurus probably gets my money. Definitely planning on getting this one :)

I think I'll pass on the other new CollectAs, though. At least until those new Spinosaurus figures show up!

stargatedalek

While the seams are definitely disappointing, I was probably going to touch up the colours of the tyrannosaurus anyway so filling them won't be an issue.

Arul

Thanks for sharing the video MiniZoo  :) i will pass collecta 2015 figures, except maybe the smilodon it looks great  :D

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on April 09, 2015, 02:38:26 PM
It looks like the poor Acrocanthosaurus will end up being the weakest of the 2015 assortment. The inconsistency between the colours of the head piece and the neck, the inaccurate vertebrae, and sadly, the hips that appear to be even wider than the Carcharodontosaurus's! Still, it's a well-sculpted model and should be a good seller.

The Feathered T. Rex, OTOH, appears to have hips of accurate width (at least as far as current paleontological research goes). The visible seam is a pity, but hardly a deal breaker. Just hope it stands better than my Papo Running Rex.
As do I since that feathery king will be standing alongside my Papo.  It looks amazing and I can't wait to own it.

As for the Acro, the deal breaker to me was the inaccurate vertebrae.  Once I noticed the problem, it wouldn't go away and essentially ruined the figure for me.  But to me, making an Acrocanthosaurus and misrepresenting its main notable feature would be like making a naked Archaeopteryx.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

amargasaurus cazaui

On the one hand I like the smilodon, on the other it looks...odd, or the body seems strangely distended. I am unsure however if this is normal or out of place...obviously mammals are not my cup of tea. I wish my friend Nimravid was near a computer and could tell me for sure...but does anyone have some concept how accurate it is or how well its done? I kind of like it , and am considering it.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

It looks to be the most accurate Smilodon figure to date.

Dobber

Man, does that Smilodon Populator look powerful in that picture.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Tyto_Theropod

It may just be the angle of the photo, but it does seem a bit short in the body to me.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

suspsy

It's just the angle. The 360• view in that Minizoo video shows that the body is of proper dimensions.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on April 10, 2015, 01:00:35 PM
It looks to be the most accurate Smilodon figure to date.

It probably is....way better than the Bullyland version.

Regarding the second picture, why can't toys just look like their museum or vivarium counterparts?

suspsy

Here's my comparison of Medusa, Nasuto, and Xeno. As you can see, their bodies do indeed bear strong resemblance, but they are all individual sculpts. Medusa is taller and wider than Xeno and Nasuto is smaller than both of them.

And here's a group shot with Diablo and Dead Tric.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on April 28, 2015, 12:42:41 PM

There's always that one person that blinks or passes out during the group photo  8)
Great photos, btw. They look good together. My favorite is the Diabloceratops.

Shonisaurus

For me the best ever in my humble point of view is the xenoceratops paleontological, although detract those colors so dark.

Shonisaurus

By the way I have of my hands for two weeks and medusaceratops nasutoceratops ago and have found although it was said at the time the forum that their bodies are not a carbon copy of xenoceratpos.

Moreover the daxiatitan same here, that well-meaning people had said was like nothing less than the same figure mold to the argentinosaurus. Fortunately it's different and I can assert that improvement to its predecessor in terms of production.

Hermes888

Any update on the three Spinosaurus?

joossa

What is it with Collecta and cabooses... err... hips?

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 28, 2015, 01:57:25 PM

There's always that one person that blinks or passes out during the group photo  8)
Haha!  :))
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: