News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyto_Theropod

I must say, I like both John Conway and Julius Csotonyi - to me, their pictures really bring the fossils to life without either shrink wrapping or over-exaggerating features. I love them, and especially Conway, for making dinosaurs look like real animals.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Concavenator

John Conway is even better imo.I think it's the best paleoartist now.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on May 07, 2015, 11:23:40 AM
Oh God help me, I've started a flame war about palaeoartists. Sorry, this wasn't my intention at all. Can't anything on the internet just be a friendly discussion? *Hides*
It's not a flame war. Shonisaurus did apologise and everything seems friendly to me.

Shonisaurus

In all understand that should be cause for war, I understand that all paleoartists make excellent drawings and paintings on the recreation of dinosaurs and prehistoric life in general, no matter who is Luis Rey, John Sibbick, John Conway and Julius Csotonyi between other.

Like all artists who are logically we feel attracted to one or the other, but that does not mean that serve as arguments between us. I understand that you can review as we are doing (I corrected) in a civilized manner, and I in particular I like John Conway and Julio Csotonyi for its elaborate recreation of prehistoric animals, but regardless that I like one or the other all these artists apart from other that I come to mind are excellent paleoartists.

What I say is just a matter of taste, as just as we might like some more in Caravaggio or Rafael painting such as Picasso or other Kandissky that should not be a subject of discussion and heated controversies. Each in his artistic philosophy are exceptional the same goes for the paleoartists. Provided that there is a critical respects these artists and painters always be a proper talk.

Arul

Emm when we can order the smilodon ?

Roselaar

Good to see Collecta tackling minis as well! Too bad some of these are direct copies of the regular models, I would loved to have seen a little more tweaking for diversity's sake. The models that haven't yet got a bigger counterpart are very interesting. Hint at things to come perhaps?

Saurian

I think they make Giganotosaurus in 2016 :)
Soory,my English is poor

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting..I didn't think you could much smaller than the Pachy figure currently is.. lol

Why is the Quetz named Hatzegopteryx ? Same with the Giga/Carcharo ?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Saurian on May 29, 2015, 09:37:21 PM
Actually that's a recolored miniature of the carcharodontosaurus. They did the same thing with the 'hatzegopteryx' actually being a quetzalcoatlus.

EDIT: Ninja'd  ^-^
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

What is up with Giga making cameo appearances in these toobs/tubs? :)) ???

Saurian

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 29, 2015, 10:07:08 PM

What is up with Giga making cameo appearances in these toobs/tubs? :)) ???

:D they made toys Ņarharo, mapusaurus and acro, so I think giganotosaurus toy will be released ,but this giganotosaurus is really mini carcharo
Soory,my English is poor

Shonisaurus

I do not know if anyone has been set but an Apatosaurus thumbnails appears.

That means that in 2016 made an Apatosaurus.

Hermes888

I'm interested. Any other views of the dinosaurs? I'm hoping they updated the Velociraptor to give it primaries.

Also, any update on the three Spinosaurus figures? When will those be out?

suspsy

Heh. Giganotosaurus is doomed to forever be a miniature.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: Hermes888 on May 30, 2015, 12:58:40 AM
I'm interested. Any other views of the dinosaurs? I'm hoping they updated the Velociraptor to give it primaries.

Also, any update on the three Spinosaurus figures? When will those be out?

Last i heard July.  or later

Wow, mini Collectas. Tempting to get.

suspsy

Also, screw Apatosaurus. I want CollectA to make a Brontosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Arul

Set 2 is more interesting for me, nice work collecta  :) also, how about the size ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on May 30, 2015, 04:16:51 AM
Heh. Giganotosaurus is doomed to forever be a miniature.
I'm sure he'll get his time in the sun eventually >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: