News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

^_^ Many many thanks to Everything Dinosaur for holding one of these bad boys for me. :D I can hardly wait. :D

Alexxitator

I have ordered this guy, rex-freak that I am and it is a fine sculpt. But just noticed this guy by Colorata...

Add to that the aforementioned
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a common pose, an easy way to get a running or active look without risking stability.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

It's going for about $80 in Oz. I can't wait for a ceratopsian, Rebor looks like they could pull off a great Triceratops. They certainly have a market - Yutyrannus has sold out in Minizoo.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Hey Rebor, as long as you are using bases, how about a Maiasaura tending to a nest? That'd score a few points!

tyrantqueen

QuoteI have ordered this guy, rex-freak that I am and it is a fine sculpt. But just noticed this guy by Colorata...
The pose is similar, but I don't really see any similarities in the sculpt.

Alexxitator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 12, 2014, 07:37:26 AM
QuoteI have ordered this guy, rex-freak that I am and it is a fine sculpt. But just noticed this guy by Colorata...
The pose is similar, but I don't really see any similarities in the sculpt.

No, sculptwise they are very different. It was the pose I was referring to.
Mine is on it's way here from www.modellpferdeversand.de and should arrive tomorrow or monday  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

ignite444

I ordered this guy as soon as it was released! I can't wait for it to get here! Well worth the 50 bucks I had to pay for him.

I really hope Rebor will release a Spinosaurus in the future.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

JohannesB

Just ordered one. I guess out of a feeling of nostalgia for the dinosaurs I grew up with, especially the 90's, epitomized for me by Jurassic Park (entertainment value first, scientific accuracy second). I hope Rebor will up the ante by becoming (even) more scientifically correct (mostly regarding the skeleton - I am not too bothered by any lack of feathers where there is no direct evidence for it - yet.) But again, it will possibly be a love-hate relationship with this one. It could have been better, but I like it as it is. I guess. (It hasn't arrived yet, so I cannot say for sure.)

Blade-of-the-Moon

There are some on other forums claiming the skeletal included in the paperwork is scientifically accurate...oi

I'd like to see them try a dinosaur that was less Papo/JP and more original. The Maisasur with a nest would be a good choice.  Not nearly enough good hadrosaurs out there..even Sideshow has neglected them for the most part..except as food items.

TJ_Terrorsaur

My mom for a Holiday present bought me this guy once I told her about him, she asked me to ask Everything Dinosaur to hold one, and on the 8th he was ordered. I'm now eagerly awaiting him. :D Everyday I check the mail like an eager child. I'm extremely excited for this to arrive.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

First off - Outstanding job, REBOR! Really great sculpt with obvious love to detail and realism.

That being said it's funny how some people are like "hey but it looks like Rex from JP! IT'S NOT ORIGINAL!!!" - Because museum quality replicas like this has allways to be "original" and not represent the real animal, right? If you know the anatomy of a T-Rex (for example "Sue") you can say that Stan Winston did an amazing job recreating the beast, even tho there are some inaccuracies with it. How about the fact that this sculpt is indeed based on the actual skeleton of the animal (it's even shown in the paper work..) and even if it looks like JP rex - that doesnt change the fact that this thing is just fantastic. How about you people watch some reviews (so far there are two) and look how reviewers are amazed by this thing.

Like Jurassic Collectables said - you are pretty much getting a Sideshow quality model for a ridiculously low price compared to Sideshow itself. Ofc it will cost a lot more than Papo's or any other "mainstream" manufacturer's figures, because the sculpt and the detail on this things is just on whole another level. So cut the crap with this "too high price" nonsense. You are not buying a toy, you are buying a museum quality replica. It's not the same. I myself own three Sideshow models (T-Rex vs Tric diorama, Old T-Rex with scars and Spino) and I can easily say that I love Rebor's T-Rex more than those that I already own despite the fact that I paid a LOT more for them. So im not concerned about the price.

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on November 01, 2014, 08:10:15 PM
This is clearly plagiarized from the JP rex and does not resemble any rex skull I've ever seen.

It seems that you haven't seen much of Tyrannosaurus skulls then.

I for example seen a lot worse sculpts from many manufacturers who seem to completely don't give a sh*t about the skeletal structure of the animal and in My eyes - REBOR is far from that. That being said - noone is forcing you to buy it, but don't bash it because you simply don't like the resemblance to JP T-Rex since many people consider JP head sculpt to be a close reconstruction of the animal itself.

Alexxitator

-Charles Darwin-

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: Alexxitator on December 17, 2014, 05:18:49 PM
Got mine yesterday!
It's a stunner!

WOW, Absolutely stunning! Im so jelous, just look at that detail! How did you got yours so early? I was told that I will get mine before Christmas so I still have to wait for about a week ;/

ignite444

I'm still sitting here waiting on mine to arrive. >.> Usually ED gets my orders here in about 6 days, but I have yet to see my package. I want to unbox the guy and review him sooooooo badly! >.<

Oh, and haters gonna hate, seriously.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

postsaurischian

I just got mine and I love it :).
Some may say that seamless production technique isn't that important - I think it's excellent!
Looking at these first two REBOR figures I can't wait to see their first non-theropod species (although I'd love to see them making a Guanlong [of course])!
Question is: Will they also do the sauropods in 1:35 :o? ....... I personally hope so. And please also the small Dinosaurs!
I think REBOR has the potential to be my No.1 plastic Dinosaur brand in the world.

....... the Sideshow Krentz T. rex is still my favourite though ;) .... and will probably ever be.

DinoLord

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 17, 2014, 09:46:14 PM
Question is: Will they also do the sauropods in 1:35 :o? ....... I personally hope so.

Now that would be something. Despite being my favorite dinosaur group sauropods only make up a small proportion of my collection due to a lack of good figures out there - the more the better!

Aram-Rex

Yep, as the meme goes... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
This is wonderfull, brilliant work, I love the Yutyrannus aswell, I know and understand other people's opinions who want and oblige feathered and much more accurate models, but as a Jurassic Park fan, a film that inspired me to be involved in cinema, this model is one of the most perfect ones out there for me personally. May Rebor have a long and successfull career of creating fantastic figures like this. They look like the real deal.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I swear when I see my mail man with the shipping box I'm gonna tackle him. I'm so excited and impatiently waiting for this guy to arrive at my door. :D Luckily my mail man is pretty cool with me and my family so If I happen to run up the street to meet him when he has it he'll understand. LOL. Anyhow everyone who has him already I envy you (LOL) but I hope you enjoy him. How heavy is he?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: