News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

We'll see. In the meantime, I will just watch your review that's coming up :-)

ignite444

I'll be recording and uploading it tomorrow. :)

I'll tell you though, I had a heck of a time prying this guy's jaws open. I tried pliers at first, but they wouldn't grip, so I had no choice but to use my fingers. I just had to ease them open slowly. ._.

Edit: WOOOOOO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OKBzRISVCM
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

I'll tell you though, I had a heck of a time prying this guy's jaws open. I tried pliers at first, but they wouldn't grip, so I had no choice but to use my fingers. I just had to ease them open slowly. ._.
Lol I just checked your channel and it says you uploaded your unboxing video 33 seconds ago :-D

ignite444

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 20, 2014, 09:41:22 PM
Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

Lol I just checked your channel and it says you uploaded your unboxing video 33 seconds ago :-D

The unboxing, yes, but the review will be recorded and uploaded tomorrow. ;) That's what I meant.

Paleogene Pals

When you ripped the box up, I had to cringe. I mean what that do to the future value of your collectible?

ignite444

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on December 20, 2014, 10:39:32 PM
When you ripped the box up, I had to cringe. I mean what that do to the future value of your collectible?

What, you mean the cardboard box I ripped open off camera? That's worth nothing, lol! I kept the foam and the black box thing though. Honestly it doesn't bother me. I have absolutely no plans of selling it whatsoever. *Lays it in lap and pets it*

Paleogene Pals

OK, it just brought flashbacks of all those Kenner Star Wars toys I ripped out of their package and lost when I was a kid. I keep thinking if I had kept them I would have a small fortune. Oh well, enjoy your T-rex.  :)

ignite444

I could always just have a new cardboard box fashioned if I need it. XD

The thing keeps falling off of my desk... I had to prop him up. Seriously, the one foot in the air with a small rock base was not the best design choice. :s

DinoLord

That's a shame; you'd expect it to stand well for such a pricey figure! To be honest the right foot on the rock is the only thing off-putting to me about this model; everything else looks great.

JohannesB

Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

The thing keeps falling off of my desk... I had to prop him up. Seriously, the one foot in the air with a small rock base was not the best design choice. :s

There surely must be a way to let it stand without falling over, but from what I have seen in other reviews it does take a bit of finetuning, placing the base squarely under the foot. I trust you will find it too. Would be nice to see it standing securely when you review it, tomorrow :D Enjoy!

ignite444

ladyferry

Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

I used a small dot of Blu-Tac under the base and under the foot, so that it stays still and doesn't fall over on my desk. Try it, it works!

ignite444

Blade-of-the-Moon

ignite444

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 21, 2014, 12:58:08 AM
I would have thought the foot and stone had a peg/hole system.

Unfortunately no, I wish they would have done that though. It just sits on top of the stone.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 07:39:35 PM
*Runs around screaming* Mine arrived just now! Time for an unboxing! :D

Oh-My-Gosh I'm so jealous! mine still isn't here. AH I am going to die from my own impatience and anxiety. I hope he's not lost.
I'm really happy your's arrived! :D I will have to watch your video sometime soon. When I get mine I'll post him with the other dinos I may or may not get for the Holidays.

ignite444

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on December 21, 2014, 01:40:33 AM
Quote from: ignite444 on December 20, 2014, 07:39:35 PM
*Runs around screaming* Mine arrived just now! Time for an unboxing! :D

Oh-My-Gosh I'm so jealous! mine still isn't here. AH I am going to die from my own impatience and anxiety. I hope he's not lost.
I'm really happy your's arrived! :D I will have to watch your video sometime soon. When I get mine I'll post him with the other dinos I may or may not get for the Holidays.

Do you live in the U.S.? I live closer to the Atlantic, so that may be why mine arrived earlier if you live further west of me.

Paleogene Pals

Can you a drill a hole in the foot and rock and attach a peg/dow into the hole in the rock?

ignite444

The foot is big enough for that, yeah, but I won't ruin the model by doing that. No way José!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on December 21, 2014, 01:57:28 AM
Can you a drill a hole in the foot and rock and attach a peg/dow into the hole in the rock?

Should be do-able with a small piece of metal rod.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: